American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

April 02, 2020, 09:44:20 AM

Author Topic: Westbridge Forest V4  (Read 35233 times)

Offline johnny vee (OP)

Re: Westbridge Forest V4
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2015, 03:57:14 PM »
I have done that, and the textures didnt change.

Modified poste: This dit the job, thanks :)

Post Merge: March 11, 2015, 04:54:10 AM
sorry for double posting, but i do have a question about the Cows , specially on the feeding part of these. there are 3 troggs, like water, grass and mixed rations. But we need 3 for the feeding, in v3 there was a trogg more for the Feedmaster station feeds. But somehow now there are 1 missing trogg, so how to get 100% now?
Sorry I dont understand, trough for the feedmaster station??
The cows take grass in one trough and mixed rations and silage in the other one, you also need to give them straw in the shed. If you feed them straw and mixed rations you will get 100% then give them water you will get 110%

Offline Uncle_Orion

• Regular
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2015, 04:29:16 PM »
thought grass/silage and mixed rations are 3 different ones, but i had just 2 throughs. ;)

Offline johnny vee (OP)

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2015, 08:01:26 PM »
thought grass/silage and mixed rations are 3 different ones, but i had just 2 throughs. ;)
No, you need straw, mixed rations thats all for 100%. If you look at the pics on the download page, you will see the locations for those. You only really give them grass and or silage while you wait to make mixed rations/forage. After you start feeding them that they will no longer eat the grass or silage. But you also need Straw or they wont * and you need it for 100% anyway.

Offline Blainer

• Regular
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2015, 03:59:55 AM »
Loving this map so i decided to "take a selfie" lol

Offline johnny vee (OP)

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2015, 06:55:28 AM »
Loving this map so i decided to "take a selfie" lol
Thanks mate, nice gear :)

Offline Grolbu

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 08:55:13 PM »
Silly question, but the first time you try something you get that ...  Where do I get water for the animals ? I've never done water before. If I had a river I'd try that, but I haven't (and the lumber mill is so far away LOL)

Offline johnny vee (OP)

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 11:33:29 PM »
Silly question, but the first time you try something you get that ...  Where do I get water for the animals ? I've never done water before. If I had a river I'd try that, but I haven't (and the lumber mill is so far away LOL)
LOL ok water can be got from any fountain but that costs money. For free water you have 2 windmills, one between the beef shed and house and another behind the pig shed, just pull up your water tanker beside them and press R. It will show in the F1 help menu, make sure you have the trailer/tanker selected (G)
Cheer John

Offline Grolbu

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2015, 05:13:10 AM »
Thanks ! I figured there would be somewhere to stop and had spent a while driving slowly past things hopefully watching the F1 menu but I couldn't see anything that looked like a hydrant and I'd never have spotted those buckets under the windmills. Also I hadn't found the pig shed, so thanks for the clue that if I found the other windmill the pig shed would be somewhere close LOL

Offline timmythegeek

• Eat Cheese Milk cows and Plow
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 09:20:05 PM »
Thanks ! I figured there would be somewhere to stop and had spent a while driving slowly past things hopefully watching the F1 menu but I couldn't see anything that looked like a hydrant and I'd never have spotted those buckets under the windmills. Also I hadn't found the pig shed, so thanks for the clue that if I found the other windmill the pig shed would be somewhere close LOL
jOHNNY
First thing great mod! I have followed you since the first Westbridge forest. V@ was my favorite until i found mod commander, now 4 is great! I enjoy the fattening and the shapes of the field, I wish that now that they (Giant) have the bales physics that logs would get the same thing.
Now that I see there is free water even better. Any new Maps in the making?

Offline johnny vee (OP)

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 11:07:36 PM »
jOHNNY
First thing great mod! I have followed you since the first Westbridge forest. V@ was my favorite until i found mod commander, now 4 is great! I enjoy the fattening and the shapes of the field, I wish that now that they (Giant) have the bales physics that logs would get the same thing.
Now that I see there is free water even better. Any new Maps in the making?
Thanks mate, yes working on a 4 times map. It will be a while before that gets done though :)

Offline Grolbu

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2015, 03:11:16 AM »
How big is Westbridge Forest ?

Also, where does the water go in the pig and beef fattening sheds ? The PDA says they have no water, there's a big blue tank outside each shed that offers to refill my tanker, but so far nothing has popped up with an 'unload' option.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:32:50 AM by Grolbu »

Offline johnny vee (OP)

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2015, 03:11:44 PM »
How big is Westbridge Forest ?

Also, where does the water go in the pig and beef fattening sheds ? The PDA says they have no water, there's a big blue tank outside each shed that offers to refill my tanker, but so far nothing has popped up with an 'unload' option.

Thanks
Map is standard size, the big blue tank outside the shed is where the water goes. Put water in the trailer from one of the windmills, then go to the blue tank (drive along side it) and then press R to unload.
Cheers John

Offline Grolbu

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2015, 04:23:35 PM »
Map is standard size, the big blue tank outside the shed is where the water goes. Put water in the trailer from one of the windmills, then go to the blue tank (drive along side it) and then press R to unload.
Cheers John
Cheers thanks. I looked at the tanks but it seemed that they were offering to refill my trailer, I'll have another go.

Offline Grolbu

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2015, 05:42:17 AM »
Couple more questions (so you know I'm lovin this map  ;D)

Where do I sell slurry ? I've sold manure at the garden centre and thought slurry would go there too but I can't find a sell point, unless it's the square on the ground behind the 2 spa pools and the fertiliser, in which case I know where to sell it but not how  :D

About the beef fattening (I haven't tried pigs) - I have a shed full of beeflets which are chomping their way through loads of all types of straw, food and water, they are at 100% productivity and their slaughter weight is at 121 (edit: now 122) and rising which is promising, what happens now ? Do I just decide at some point to sell them ? What does the slaughter weight go to before they're 'cooked' ? I had a trawl through Marhu's forum but all the info I could find was about how to install and troubleshoot the fattening mod and things not fattening.

Thanks again !

Offline johnny vee (OP)

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2015, 09:54:25 AM »
Couple more questions (so you know I'm lovin this map  ;D)

Where do I sell slurry ? I've sold manure at the garden centre and thought slurry would go there too but I can't find a sell point, unless it's the square on the ground behind the 2 spa pools and the fertiliser, in which case I know where to sell it but not how  :D

About the beef fattening (I haven't tried pigs) - I have a shed full of beeflets which are chomping their way through loads of all types of straw, food and water, they are at 100% productivity and their slaughter weight is at 121 (edit: now 122) and rising which is promising, what happens now ? Do I just decide at some point to sell them ? What does the slaughter weight go to before they're 'cooked' ? I had a trawl through Marhu's forum but all the info I could find was about how to install and troubleshoot the fattening mod and things not fattening.

Thanks again !
Hehe ok, you need the right slurry sell trailer which you should have in this pack, fill it and sell at the trigger where you said. The beef & pigs slaughter weight is how many you have ready to sell, meaning they are at slaughter weight, go sell them :) Again you will need a trailer to load them, side door on each shed, back trailer in there.

Offline Nebular

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 12:42:05 AM »
Great map and I've enjoyed every version  ;D

I've used the compost station and know where the sell point is, however for the life of me I can't find the compost storage silo  *facepalm*.  I see in the careerSavegame.xml file where there is a farmSiloAmount entry for compost_soil and it's showing a current amount in storage.

I was expecting storage around the compost station itself like in the picture below.  I guess I can try to use a placeable heap point, but just wanted to check first to see if storage exists.

Thanks!  :)

Offline johnny vee (OP)

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 02:02:08 AM »
Hehe ok, you need the right slurry sell trailer which you should have in this pack, fill it and sell at the trigger where you said. The beef & pigs slaughter weight is how many you have ready to sell, meaning they are at slaughter weight, go sell them :) Again you will need a trailer to load them, side door on each shed, back trailer in there.
Woah ok, umm dont know how to tell you this, but that not Westbridge Forest unless you downloaded a pirate map from some site. My compost factory is at the Garden center and it doesn't show any storage in the menu's.
Best of luck mate

Offline Grolbu

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2015, 03:03:33 AM »
I've used the compost station and know where the sell point is, however for the life of me I can't find the compost storage silo  *facepalm*.  I see in the careerSavegame.xml file where there is a farmSiloAmount entry for compost_soil and it's showing a current amount in storage.
Mine is a pretty vanilla download of WF4 and "compost_soil" only appears once in the careerSaveGame.xml file, no mention of it anywhere in the farmSiloAmount entries. Are you maybe looking at the section after farmSiloAmount, which is where it appears ?

Hopefully (1st time trying it) there will be a screenshot attached to this ...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:06:13 AM by Grolbu »

Offline Nebular

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2015, 08:47:20 PM »
Mine is a pretty vanilla download of WF4 and "compost_soil" only appears once in the careerSaveGame.xml file, no mention of it anywhere in the farmSiloAmount entries. Are you maybe looking at the section after farmSiloAmount, which is where it appears ?

Hopefully (1st time trying it) there will be a screenshot attached to this ...

Now that is strange because my .xml file is showing compost_soil and has other items not listed in yours  ???
I've highlighted the map name in the file just to make sure we're comparing the same version.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 08:54:47 PM by Nebular »

Offline johnny vee (OP)

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2015, 01:16:27 AM »
Now that is strange because my .xml file is showing compost_soil and has other items not listed in yours  ???
I've highlighted the map name in the file just to make sure we're comparing the same version.
ok now this is getting really weird, this is not my map, the pic you first sent in off the compost factory and it's location isn't on mine. Look at your location on the pda map bottom left corner.
I have taken a screen shot of your position beside field 12 and another at the coordinates shown on your screen  shots pda, please look at the pda in both my screen shots to realise that you do not have this version of my map. Whatever version you are playing was not done or approved by me and certainly not the one uploaded here.   

Offline MainlyFarming

• Rookie
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2015, 09:11:23 AM »
I love this map!!!!! one of the very best (y)

Offline Grolbu

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2015, 09:33:07 AM »
Very weird. It's the same mapId but mine (so I guess Johnny's) only has the 16 farmsiloamounts.

Maybe you should back up the zip in your mods folder then redownload it from here and start a new game on it and see what that looks like ?

Offline fireman6821

• Rookie
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2015, 11:25:56 AM »
I'm fairly new to modding and I am having problems getting the Westbridge map to unzip to my mod file.... Any help would be appreciated.

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2015, 12:42:33 PM »
I'm fairly new to modding and I am having problems getting the Westbridge map to unzip to my mod file.... Any help would be appreciated.
What I do is to create a new folder on my desktop and then copy and paste the Westbridge version 4 into that folder. Then depending on which program I use winrar or 7 zip I use the extract here function. Then copy and paste the extracted files into your mods folder. There are other zip programs that can be used. Will be same principle.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline Nebular

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2015, 01:58:53 PM »
ok now this is getting really weird, this is not my map, the pic you first sent in off the compost factory and it's location isn't on mine. Look at your location on the pda map bottom left corner.
I have taken a screen shot of your position beside field 12 and another at the coordinates shown on your screen  shots pda, please look at the pda in both my screen shots to realise that you do not have this version of my map. Whatever version you are playing was not done or approved by me and certainly not the one uploaded here.   

Hi Johnny,
The pic I uploaded of the compost station was from another map that I just wanted to show an example of the compost silo storage point they had incorporated on the map.  That's why it's not matching up.

Post Merge: March 30, 2015, 02:03:33 PM
Very weird. It's the same mapId but mine (so I guess Johnny's) only has the 16 farmsiloamounts.

Maybe you should back up the zip in your mods folder then redownload it from here and start a new game on it and see what that looks like ?

Ok, now this is definitely strange.  I downloaded Johnny's file on 7 MAR 15 from this site.  The only thing I can think of is the save1 folder is corrupt since I had another map saved their before deleting the game.  I'll go ahead and manually delete the save1 game folder and start the map over.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 02:03:33 PM by Nebular »