American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

November 26, 2020, 09:51:31 AM

Author Topic: The Great Smoky Mountains FS 15  (Read 72075 times)

Offline AndyC

Re: The Great Smoky Mountains FS 15
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2015, 02:42:16 PM »
Just curious but what are all these invalid triangles?

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 02:52:12 PM »
Just curious but what are all these invalid triangles?
Have you installed the latest patch from Giants for the game?http://www.farming-simulator.com/updates.php?lang=en

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline AndyC

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 02:53:55 PM »
No not yet, saw somewhere on here where a lot people had issues with the game after downloading it so I have been hesitant to get it.

Offline ddversatile

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 02:55:26 PM »
Wonderful Map! Simply Beautiful! Love how its not a multi million dollar farm but a quaint little farm in the USA's mountains, love the Briefing description also.
Most fun I had in 15 minutes on Fs15! My Mac run it at 30-40 fps steady so all good!  (y) (y) :laugh:   

Offline johndeere 4255 (OP)

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2015, 03:12:40 PM »
No not yet, saw somewhere on here where a lot people had issues with the game after downloading it so I have been hesitant to get it.

Go ahead and get the latest patch then. After that fire up the game and see what the log says then. The patch wont hurt your game. My beta testers and myself all have/had a clean log, no errors left behind from the map. So I would say that is probably the issue.

Wonderful Map! Simply Beautiful! Love how its not a multi million dollar farm but a quaint little farm in the USA's mountains, love the Briefing description also.
Most fun I had in 15 minutes on Fs15! My Mac run it at 30-40 fps steady so all good!  (y) (y) :laugh:   

Glad you like it! We had fun making it, but look to have even more fun finally getting to play on it! haha

****UPDATE*****

Field Prices have been adjusted according to agweb's figure's on average price per acre of US farm land @ 4K per acre. I'm not a farmer so I have no idea how accurate that it. But the prices on the fields look much better.

Now for you guys that know how to use Giants Editor here is a dropbox link with the updated fields. You just need to extract your map, place the folder in your map (not the zip), delete the entire fields transform group in the map and import this one. Save and rezip and you should be good to go. Prices have been reduced massivley, and two field sizes have been updated due to error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ficyra6204jrc4b/FieldsUpdated.zip?dl=0

For anybody that has no idea how to use Giants Editor, or is lazy I will be updating normal download on the Great Smoky Mountains download page. I will update when the new one gets done uploading.

Also note that you WILL NOT need to start a new save game for this update. You can continue to use your save game without any problems.

Please if you find anything else wrong in the map let me know. I would like to get any and all errors fixed asap.

Thanks so much guys!

1 Corinthians 2:2: For I determined to know nothing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified....we preach Christ crucified....AMEN!

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 04:33:25 PM »
Upload is complete! If you have not updated your map already with the new field zip as posted above then go and re-download the map again...sorry. Fields have been updated on the original download now to reflect a more real selling price.

1 Corinthians 2:2: For I determined to know nothing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified....we preach Christ crucified....AMEN!

Offline kwcountry

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 04:36:34 PM »
Well I have to say that this map is one of the best maps ive ever seen. Very well detailed and you get a comfort feeling while driving around. I love the billboards with scripture wrote on it. Makes you feel close to God. I took a trip up in the Mountains for a scenic tour have to say need a good 4x4... Lol got stuck... Anyways came back down from the Mountain and stopped at the filling station and got robbed... 3.89 is highway robbery *facepalm*. 1.78 here in Ohio at the moment Lol. Im just kidden around about the high gas price in the map. Anyways I would like to thank you for making this map it has made my evening. God bless you all and happy farming!!!

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 04:54:54 PM »
Well I have to say that this map is one of the best maps ive ever seen. Very well detailed and you get a comfort feeling while driving around. I love the billboards with scripture wrote on it. Makes you feel close to God. I took a trip up in the Mountains for a scenic tour have to say need a good 4x4... Lol got stuck... Anyways came back down from the Mountain and stopped at the filling station and got robbed... 3.89 is highway robbery *facepalm*. 1.78 here in Ohio at the moment Lol. Im just kidden around about the high gas price in the map. Anyways I would like to thank you for making this map it has made my evening. God bless you all and happy farming!!!

Well thanks so much. So glad everybody seems to be enjoying the map, it makes it worth all the effort! Hey dont feel bad about the gas prices, you may not have had a bank account left after you filled up, but I lost my bank account, and a semi truck full of silage. Yup road turned and i didnt...went tumbling down the rocks..whoops lol.  :P

Offline AndyC

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2015, 05:14:30 PM »
new patch cleared my log. map actually runs smoother now as well not as much lag.  Still some but being its a huge file and I use a laptop I figured to have some.  Thanks for everyones help.

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2015, 05:36:36 PM »
new patch cleared my log. map actually runs smoother now as well not as much lag.  Still some but being its a huge file and I use a laptop I figured to have some.  Thanks for everyones help.

Awesome glad to hear it Andy! Hope you enjoy the map!

Offline cjwilksy

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2015, 06:40:12 PM »
Where can I download the Peterbilt truck from the photos?

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2015, 06:57:58 PM »
Where can I download the Peterbilt truck from the photos?
This is the link where they came from.http://mods2015.com/peterbilt-2007-trucks-v-1-0/

Offline Odin

• the bloke who enjoys gaming, driving and Farming
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2015, 08:40:07 PM »
just downloading the map now. From the pictures I can tell I am going to love this map  :) ;) :D ;D (y)
the bloke from down under A.K.A Australia

Offline mudcutter

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2015, 09:20:19 PM »
Sort of reminds me of the area southeast of Cherokee, NC or north and east of Maggie Valley,NC. Great map .I was tired of France and Eastern Europe. Now for some smaller Deere ,MF ,Kubota ,and Ford -New Holland tractors.Great Map ,great job. Thanks alot.
  I was on the game looking for a still  ;).

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2015, 10:01:25 PM »
Sort of reminds me of the area southeast of Cherokee, NC or north and east of Maggie Valley,NC. Great map .I was tired of France and Eastern Europe. Now for some smaller Deere ,MF ,Kubota ,and Ford -New Holland tractors.Great Map ,great job. Thanks alot.
  I was on the game looking for a still  ;).
Much smaller than the small default tractors may not have power to work fields. Would be nice to have some though. LOL

Offline wlschweer

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2015, 10:25:49 PM »
I can not harvest the already planted soybeans. I have only the mods that are installed in the pack and have tried combines with soybeans. No idea what I am doing wrong and have the latest patch.
Working with mods is not for the faint of heart.

Offline LeeS09

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2015, 10:27:28 PM »
Are you using the wheat head for the combine,,
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretched his arms on the cross and died for me. If you love Jesus , put this as your signature. 97% WON'T do it. only 5% will stand up. I want to thank those who put this as there sig.

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2015, 10:35:47 PM »
I can not harvest the already planted soybeans. I have only the mods that are installed in the pack and have tried combines with soybeans. No idea what I am doing wrong and have the latest patch.
I just tried the new downloaded map and went out with starting sampa. It harvest the soy beans with no problem.Am using the head that was right in front of harvester in shop. This may be a dumb question but did you open flap on harvester?

Offline wlschweer

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2015, 10:59:32 PM »
I am redownloading the map maybe it glitched as when ready to harvest it shows as remove tops in stead of ready harvest. I did make sure to unfold the combine and bought the field #10 and #50 still can not harvest. I tried to harvest soybeans on my other 2 maps and I was able to with every combine I tried.

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2015, 11:12:14 PM »
I am redownloading the map maybe it glitched as when ready to harvest it shows as remove tops in stead of ready harvest. I did make sure to unfold the combine and bought the field #10 and #50 still can not harvest. I tried to harvest soybeans on my other 2 maps and I was able to with every combine I tried.
You may have got a corrupted download then. Sorry to hear that.If i recall 50 is potatoes and 10 is beets.  Fld 20 is soybeans.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 11:21:37 PM by JohnDeere1952 »

Offline wlschweer

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2015, 11:55:09 PM »
Just want to say thank you for the amazing map and for the fast help. I found my problem operator error was the problem, the potatos color look close to the soybeans on the map so I was confused.

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2015, 12:06:05 AM »
Dont worry man, we all have those moments haha... I know what you mean though, you really gotta pay attention to some of those colors lol

Glad you are enjoying the map though! Thanks for downloading.  :)

Offline daehn5

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2015, 10:33:10 AM »
How can I take this soybean texture from this map and use it on my map? I know how to do it but there is no soybean diffuse file so every time I try it in my map it just keeps the same texture I had before. Thanks.

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2015, 12:27:50 PM »
its in the textures/foliage folder called foliage_soybean_diffuse You may need to open the map 01.i3d in notepad ++ and look for the foliage sublayer soybean line and copy and paste it in place of the one in your map so they are in the correct lines/widths.

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2015, 05:52:35 PM »
Ok guys updated the map again....yes sorry. Wasn't planning on updating like this lol...I found a old wood shed and firewood near the main farm that had a few issues....all taken care of now, same with the one down the road from the dairy. Also removed some bush's/shrubs around some fields. The reason is so that you can cut down the trees and make fields larger is you choose (combining two fields into one)....Again you WILL NOT need to start a new game, you can continue on. Remember if you plan on playing MP you and your friends must have the save version. To download the new version simply download the map from the downloads page.

If anybody finds any problem, please let me know ASAP. I cant fix what I dont know is broken.
Open to suggestions as well.

Thanks for downloading guys!