American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

December 09, 2019, 01:28:07 AM

Author Topic: Illinois Map | Friedman's Farmstead 17 Reboot.  (Read 8298 times)

Offline bricke1994 (OP)

Re: Illinois Map | Friedman's Farmstead 17 Reboot.
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2019, 10:06:24 PM »
Fordman. Me too. I might take pictures of the progress tomorrow.

Offline bricke1994 (OP)

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2019, 06:25:57 PM »
UPDATE 1

Today Yielded Challenges and Rewards! Finally managed to get terrain to look more natural. Expanded  rivers, developed road network, and Implemented The Two Townships in the

map. Weston, and Fairbury will be the only places to sell grain as of right now. Still working on the scale of certain places, For example; Fairbury, and Weston have been cut in half the

area (Due to Scale Issues). So accuracy suffered a little bit here. I'm trying my best to offer a good experience, whilst keeping the most accuracy possible.

Field Mappings:
    The most of my time is masking off field areas and correcting elevation data (As seen by the Dark Field Colors, and Obvious color overlays). I feel in about a week or so, i will be able to progress to my favorite part.. actual object placement!

Farms:
    As i have stated you do not have to run your operation on the Main Farm. In fact, the Main farm will only offer more space for equipment, and an Chicken coop. All Farms will have their own Silo's (That store grain independently. Can be tracked with the Tablet Silo Mod), and ample storage space for your fleet.

Its getting Fun!

The following users thanked this post: Ag Hauler, JohnDeere1952, fordman992, slowboat, Tom Cat

Offline fordman992

• I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2019, 01:06:11 PM »
Looks awesome! Gotta ask, though. What's the story of Weston? Usually towns aren't that close together. Did some people have enough of a disagreement with Fairbury that they decided to break off and start their own town?
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretched his arms on the cross and died for me. If you love Jesus , put this as your signature. 97% WON'T do it. Only 3% will stand up.

Offline Ag Hauler

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2019, 09:44:15 PM »
I don't know what the story is in this particular case but I remember from my grain hauling days that there were a lot of named communities that just consisted of a grain elevator. Sometimes the elevator was named after the township that it happen to be in and happened to be the only thing there at all.

Offline bricke1994 (OP)

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »
To Fordman. The town of Weston is actually about 10 miles west of the map center. Its actually a town of less than 500 i believe. No commercial businesses besides AG companies lol. Due to scaling, and the need for more than 1 elevator for selling grain. Im going to see if its possible to include it. If its to gaudy i will remove it.

To Ag Hauler. Yes sir! I guess elevators bring enough work, or revenue to support a village.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 2

Today was a pretty good editing session. I have got a ton of work done! If i had one tip for Photoshop; Learn it, and let it do the work! So far nothing has been created in the editor. Every single GDM file has been manipulated using PS!

Terrain Details

-Added the last of the ponds/ rivers.
-Added complex foliage layers to the future wooded areas of the map. (STILL WIP)
-Fields are 85% mapped!
-Added a basic concrete layer. (For accurate placement/planning for roads)