American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 17, 2019, 04:49:59 PM

Author Topic: can someone explain to me how the 3pt hitch works in xml?  (Read 1795 times)

Offline duffstone (OP)

can someone explain to me how the 3pt hitch works in xml?
« on: October 20, 2014, 11:28:25 PM »
I have a tractor that will lower the implement all the way down, as it should, and then raises back up about half way once you start doing work.

can anyone in the know please explain to me all the xml parameters work / do?    I'm sure I can figure it out like I have with everything else but you guys seem so helpful that I'll try advice this time. :-)    I searched around lightly this time, but didn't find anything that wasn't MR.  I'm not using MR at this time so I need the standard config stuffs.

thanks!
-Duff

Offline BigCountry

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
Re: can someone explain to me how the 3pt hitch works in xml?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 05:07:34 AM »
That's the trouble with mods sometimes, they do crazy things because of errors in the scripts or many number of other reasons. My first question is, does your tractor use a custom lua for all it's functions or does it use standard game scripts.

Your best bet to get started, is to look at one of Giants standard game tractors from your sdk folder in the game files and compare the settings, scripts, etc. On a basic tractor you should easily be able to find the xml script that controls 3pt hitch movements and see how it works.

I'd post it here, but I'm not at the PC that has all my FS files.

Then if you have a question or are stumped on something, post an excerpt from the script and ask for clarification. There are many helpful members here that will know the answer.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline Sivy

• 500+
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 05:09:30 AM »
I have a tractor that will lower the implement all the way down, as it should, and then raises back up about half way once you start doing work.

can anyone in the know please explain to me all the xml parameters work / do?    I'm sure I can figure it out like I have with everything else but you guys seem so helpful that I'll try advice this time. :-)    I searched around lightly this time, but didn't find anything that wasn't MR.  I'm not using MR at this time so I need the standard config stuffs.

thanks!
-Duff
Hi Duff

There are several different configuration with in the attacherjoint code with tractor/implement.

Having an idea of what implement you are using and posting the attacher lines from both tractor/implement .xml you are using would help trying to sort your issue.

When you say it will raise after work begins is this testing being done on default map? Reason if mod map could very well be how the fields were made causing the vehicle/implement to stop work.

More info would help :)

Offline duffstone (OP)

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 08:05:31 AM »
I guess I miss-stated or neglected to state my intent here.   I'm not using any lua on this tractor anymore.  It may have had it originally but it's just meshes and xml now.   I only want to adjust / rework the 3pt hitch to be..  better...   I understand indexes and such but what do these rotation and trans parameters mean exactly.   I've searched around and all I found was MR stuff.

What do these do:

rotationNode="30" maxRot="-12 0 0" rotationNode2="30|0" maxRot2="9 0 0" maxTransLimit="0 0.5 0" maxRotLimit="0 0 20" moveTime="1.5"

How is maxRot different than maxRot2?  i'm guessing the "2's" are for the upper arms right?!? 

And these:
<bottomArm rotationNode="31" translationNode="31|0" referenceNode="31|0|0" zScale="-1" />
<topArm rotationNode="32" translationNode="32|0" referenceNode="32|0|0" zScale="-1" />

what the heck does zScale do? what's the difference between the rotation node and a translation node?  (lateral movement vs rotation?!?)

You know... teach a guy to fish... etc...

-Duff