American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 17, 2019, 04:47:34 PM

Author Topic: Combine Self Unloading and Course Play  (Read 4247 times)

Offline duffstone (OP)

Combine Self Unloading and Course Play
« on: October 17, 2014, 09:15:38 AM »
When using the combine self unloading mode with the latest dev version of course play,  anyone else having issues with the combines just doing lazy backward circles and spazzing out from time to time?

It seems that if I make two different unloading routes (one for each combine) one route will work fine, the other will almost always fail, leaving me with a above mentioned issue...   I thought that it had something to do with the tip trigger (pause point) being outside of the field so I moved the truck into the middle of the field and got the same results...  Seems to happen if you have each combine unloading to separate trucks as well...

Further,  even if I just use one route, and I manage to get the combines timed so they don't try to run over each other,  one of the two combines will work fine consistently while the other will eventually spaz out and won't start working again until I reset the course and start over.   Both combines have the issue so it's not 1 specific mod.

is there a reason why this happens (like am I missing a trigger transform in a mod,  or does the unload point have to be outside the field (or inside) or something... anything!)   or is just a matter of buggy code? 

-Duff

P.S.  keep in mind that buggy code isn't a derisive term, I understand that my CP version is Dev, and that the Dev's volunteer for this.  I'm not saying it's bad,  just maybe not working correctly...  *shrug*

Offline farmerboi17

Re: Combine Self Unloading and Course Play
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 12:06:34 PM »
For starters, you could probably have both combines run the same "course" to simplify the process some.  There is a copy course function or if you saved the course you can load it onto both machines.  If they go to unload at the same time the second machine will just wait till the first is done. 

Also, I do have the issues with the combines reversing in circles.  I'm not sure why this happens but usually if I let it go for a minute or two it will eventually correct itself.  Beyond that I don't know a fix. 

Offline spotremix

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 12:52:20 PM »
at least you guys have it working at all. i haven't gotten it ti work yet. i tried the other day but i don't know if i'm expecting something CP isn't able to do or what. i'm using the developer version as well and as far as i know it's the latest one.

Offline JimmytheGeek

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 01:42:48 PM »
I've found that sometimes, if they approach the course section's starting point from an off-angle that they will go in circles either until they run out of fuel or finally get a turn in that puts them on course. It usually happens with the starting point of the initial course, but I have seen it happen when a vehicle tries to hit the 2nd part of the course, where it goes off to refill/unload/refuel. In those cases, I usually have to recreate the course and it clears up.
A descendant of farmers, I'm the entire IT department for a small, rural-town library.

Offline duffstone (OP)

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 03:51:55 PM »
From what I've experienced, if I have two combines running the same path, the first combine hits the pause point and unloads without issue.   However, the 2nd combine will stop and say that it too has reached an overloading point even though it's obviously a full combine length away from any tipper trigger...   And it will just set there until you either hit the continue button, or stop / restart the route.   

I thought that it might be my collision triggers being incorrect but it does the same thing with standard combines too.   From time to time,  the 2nd combine will stop far enough back that it will say it's in "Traffic" instead of at an overloading point.  I can get this sometimes if I pull the tipper far enough forward that the 1st combine is unloading at the very back of the tipper.   But it's not very consistent.   Either way if it does think it's in traffic then it will continue on to unload unaided after the 1st combine leaves.

Maybe it has something to do with the tippers I'm using instead of the combines...   *shrug*   it sure would be nice to use two separate routes tho,   it would play out much more true to life (I never waited on dad to finish unloading before I pulled up to the truck, I just pulled up on the other side).

Interestingly enough,  if you use two separate tippers, and have a route to each, and have the combines assigned to their own respective route,  it works like clockwork.   But two routes with 1 tipper just isn't consistent.

-Duff

Offline farmerboi17

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 08:52:39 PM »
Just a thought, but why not use a grain cart with overloader?  Keeps the combines running too.  Overloader tends to work flawlessly for me.

Offline duffstone (OP)

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 11:14:52 PM »
Just a thought, but why not use a grain cart with overloader?  Keeps the combines running too.  Overloader tends to work flawlessly for me.

I do on some maps,  but since I built the Gleaner G I've been rebuilding the farm similar to how it was when I grew up.   We didn't use grain carts as dad thought they were just one more thing to keep up with.   So...  with this save-game at least, I'm not using convenient items.   

Also, outside of a couple fields where we had to put the trucks in the ditch next to the highway, we always had them in the field such that we could unload on either side.   That's realism to me, not waiting in line to unload.   but we get what we get unless we can make it better right? :-)

-Duff

Offline Aussie-Mike

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 11:31:55 PM »
Make another route on the otherside of the tipper. I've done that a couple of times. Saves the computer getting confused.