American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

April 06, 2020, 05:17:25 PM

Author Topic: Game won't load now????  (Read 2665 times)

Offline RMZguy151 (OP)

• Regular
Game won't load now????
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »
Does anybody have any ideas on something I can try. I was playing last night and all of a sudden my game shut down, it has done this 1 or 2 times in the past and all I had to do was just start it back up again. But this time I tried to load it and it stays on the screen that says game is being loaded, please wait... I am playing the Missouri USA Final fixed map and for those of you that have played it I can hear the train noise but it does not load the start screen. Any ideas on what to try? I will me mad as heck if I loose this game because I was so far along. Also I checked some of my other save games and they load normally.

Offline MackB611

• The tiger is coming to get ya!
Re: Game won't load now????
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 08:56:27 PM »
i would first post your log it helps a lot and 2 take each mod out of your game and put one by one in the game also it could be that map its a big map so it wont load for like 2 hours on a bad computer!
file:///C:/Users/cdhtb_000/Pictures/Germany.png

Offline RMZguy151 (OP)

• Regular
Re: Game won\'t load now????
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 09:14:26 PM »
i would first post your log it helps a lot and 2 take each mod out of your game and put one by one in the game also it could be that map its a big map so it wont load for like 2 hours on a bad computer!

Do I post the whole thing on here?

Post Merge: September 29, 2014, 09:26:40 PM
here is the log
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 09:26:40 PM by RMZguy151 »

Offline DocElyoc

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 10:25:13 PM »
You should start by taking all the mods out of your mod folder that have errors (175 that I found).  Mods with errors play havoc with the game to begin with and are normally the cause of all your troubles.

Offline spotremix

• Restricted
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 06:05:37 AM »
while this might not help given your problem, i have found most recently and something i plan on doing in the furture BEFORE proceeding to the steps the other users have already mentioned is resetting the mods in game.

i recently had issues with the version 2 wilson trailers and i went the route of first removing all mods and starting a base in game map and adding mods one by one. everything worked fine until i went to add the last mod i added which was the map itself.

i assumed everything would work since it worked in the base in game map and by that point i had not found a mod causing the issue. as soon as i went to use the wilson trailers i had the same issue. i then assumed it was the map mod i was using, but something made me reset the trailers and now they work flawlessly. i should have started with that.

also a few side comments. welcome back doc i hope your doing well. but you mentioned 175 mods with errors you found in the log. i didn't look at the log because i don't understand that stuff generally but how do people run that many mods? i've got around 40 and i always try to keep as few mods in as i can. i don't mind adding new stuff, but my game is generally where i want it right now and if i get a new mod it usually replaces something i have already. wow 175 mods.

Offline tessfarms

• 500+
  • Respect For Modders!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 07:07:34 AM »
while this might not help given your problem, i have found most recently and something i plan on doing in the furture BEFORE proceeding to the steps the other users have already mentioned is resetting the mods in game.

i recently had issues with the version 2 wilson trailers and i went the route of first removing all mods and starting a base in game map and adding mods one by one. everything worked fine until i went to add the last mod i added which was the map itself.

i assumed everything would work since it worked in the base in game map and by that point i had not found a mod causing the issue. as soon as i went to use the wilson trailers i had the same issue. i then assumed it was the map mod i was using, but something made me reset the trailers and now they work flawlessly. i should have started with that.

also a few side comments. welcome back doc i hope your doing well. but you mentioned 175 mods with errors you found in the log. i didn't look at the log because i don't understand that stuff generally but how do people run that many mods? i've got around 40 and i always try to keep as few mods in as i can. i don't mind adding new stuff, but my game is generally where i want it right now and if i get a new mod it usually replaces something i have already. wow 175 mods.

While some of what you say makes sense, your log is your best friend when it comes to this game and mods!  You really should learn how to search for errors, and fix/replace the bad mods ;)
Never criticize a farmer with your mouth full!

Offline RMZguy151 (OP)

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 08:18:10 AM »
Good stuff everybody, I needed an excuse to clean out my mod folder and did so last night for most everthing I don't use. I will try reseting my vehicles tonight to see if that works. This may be a normal way something like this happens but I had not bought any new vehicle in the game for a long time, that game had been running the exact same vehicles for almost a week, I was right in the middle of a harvest and it shut down.

Offline Sivy

• 500+
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 08:24:47 AM »
Holly mary mother of mods! You really should do some cleaning don't just throw (download) anything you see that is appealing in your mods folder.

I no matter what test new mods that I dowload by there self to see if they earn the spot in my mods folder.

You have several mods (packs) that are not even being loaded in game do to the fact the content in the main zip were not extracted/unzipped/dragged inside the packed zip to the mods folder.

You have several mods causing major issues with your game play and should be removed to hopefully save your saved game.

1. JDulw
2.JD9630_edit_vodka_vodka --- Clear indication this would not need to be in your mods folder!
3.JohnDeere_6150RSN_TT_v1
4. JohnDeere_9510

These mods have major issues and will cause serious problems with your game play...

Good Luck

Offline RMZguy151 (OP)

• Regular
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 11:13:54 AM »
Holly mary mother of mods! You really should do some cleaning don't just throw (download) anything you see that is appealing in your mods folder.

I no matter what test new mods that I dowload by there self to see if they earn the spot in my mods folder.

You have several mods (packs) that are not even being loaded in game do to the fact the content in the main zip were not extracted/unzipped/dragged inside the packed zip to the mods folder.

You have several mods causing major issues with your game play and should be removed to hopefully save your saved game.

1. JDulw
2.JD9630_edit_vodka_vodka --- Clear indication this would not need to be in your mods folder!
3.JohnDeere_6150RSN_TT_v1
4. JohnDeere_9510

These mods have major issues and will cause serious problems with your game play...

Good Luck

Yeah, I believe I cleaned ALL of those out last night, def. 2,3 and 4. I think I deleted about half of my mods in all, I will do the finishing touches on the clean up tonight and see what happens. One other question is should my log show my clean up if I try and load that savegame again?

Offline Sivy

• 500+
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 11:21:56 AM »
Each time you launch Farming Simulator it reprints the log. So yes it will show improvement if you cleaned out the bad mods.

Offline spotremix

• Restricted
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 02:39:22 PM »
While some of what you say makes sense, your log is your best friend when it comes to this game and mods!  You really should learn how to search for errors, and fix/replace the bad mods ;)

not to steal the thread or go off topic tess but if you want to teach me, i'm willing to learn. i've looked at my log MANY times. and i do see errors in it. but i have no idea how to fix most of them, nor do i know if they are errors that would affect things or not. for example i do have an error with the ford king ranch truck that just came out. it can't load the reverse beep file. it can't load it because i deleted it. i did nothing more than delete it because i don't know how to do anything else. i assume there must be something like maybe in the xml file to remove or change so it won't look for it, but i have no knowledge of that stuff.

all i know how to do is change the color on some mods, delete things in GE using the delete key and i just learned yesterday how to make a dirt skin. if you want to teach me some stuff, i'm all ears/eyes  ;D

Offline BigCountry

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 03:09:43 PM »
not to steal the thread or go off topic tess but if you want to teach me, i'm willing to learn. i've looked at my log MANY times. and i do see errors in it. but i have no idea how to fix most of them, nor do i know if they are errors that would affect things or not. for example i do have an error with the ford king ranch truck that just came out. it can't load the reverse beep file. it can't load it because i deleted it. i did nothing more than delete it because i don't know how to do anything else. i assume there must be something like maybe in the xml file to remove or change so it won't look for it, but i have no knowledge of that stuff.

all i know how to do is change the color on some mods, delete things in GE using the delete key and i just learned yesterday how to make a dirt skin. if you want to teach me some stuff, i'm all ears/eyes  ;D

How to fix the most common log errors:

http://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=126493.0

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline spotremix

• Restricted
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 06:35:24 PM »
great link, thanks bigcountry. right off the bat i was (i think anyway, haven't loaded game up yet) able to fix 2 errors from raw texture. going to have to do some reading on the call stack errors because i don't normally see those and i feel besides a little lag in certain areas of the map my game runs great.