American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

August 11, 2020, 04:24:14 PM

Author Topic: Foliage Layer Help Again..  (Read 1669 times)

Offline bison70 (OP)

• Quality over Quantity
Foliage Layer Help Again..
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:08:00 PM »
I can't get the foliage layer to work at all. The first picture shows in game and the second picture shows what it looks like in GE. I have tried starting a new game about 100 times, I took all my mods out except the map, and I have tried re foilaging everything again and still no luck. And one more question, how do you get rid of the stones in the foilage layer? I added them everywhere by accident and can't get rid of them. Thanks!

Offline wlschweer

Re: Foliage Layer Help Again..
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 11:39:43 PM »
What version of GE are you using? To get rid of the stones turn on the foliage paint mod and turn off 0 so no boxes are checked. Then you just click over them as you would to add or remove layers, this worked for me. As far as your detail are you opening right file to edit and saving it to the right places? Also have you tried to add a layer to another place to see if you have the same affect. Seems as if your map changes are not saving.
Working with mods is not for the faint of heart.

Offline jb3pc4sale

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Another day another dollar
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 11:43:54 PM »
look in the gallery if that is your map I just started a new game. I think you have to delete your save backup files they mess up 

Offline wlschweer

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 11:52:00 PM »
look in the gallery if that is your map I just started a new game. I think you have to delete your save backup files they mess up

I forgot about this yes you do have to delete the current game and start it new. I know you said you have started a new game a 100 times but you could save it as a new file and and rezip.
Working with mods is not for the faint of heart.

Offline bison70 (OP)

• Quality over Quantity
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 06:14:06 AM »
I am using 5.0.3. I have tried starting a new game that way. And @jb3pc4sale, I moved a few things round and deleted some things. And where is my save back up files?

Offline jb3pc4sale

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Another day another dollar
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 09:16:58 AM »
Look all the way down under the mods folder and you will find file savegameBackup and there you need to clean out all the backup files in the folder. if you reinstall the game you need to take the mods out of the mods folder and than go to farming simulator file in the documents and delete the folder and than uninstall the game and  restart the pc and than reinstall the game and the game will put new files in My documents. You can put back your mods this will you give you a fresh start, if you don't delete the farming simulator out of the My documents than all you are doing is using the same game as before.