American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 20, 2020, 10:23:22 AM

Author Topic: Idaho, USA Map - Timber Edition  (Read 22982 times)

Offline Ag Hauler

Re: Idaho, USA Map
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 01:30:19 PM »
In my humble opinion this is by far the best looking map in progress currently. I am really looking forward to it.

Offline sdent50

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 07:39:35 PM »
I have to agree with Ag Hauler. I like a little scenery in my map and this has it in spades.

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 02:17:03 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments.  It really does help with the motivation.  This may not be the most "feature rich" map, but I plan on it being really nice to relax and play on. 

I have put small to medium size fields nearer to the center of the map and will put some really huge fields near the outer edges of the map so there is something for everyone in terms of play style.  Also, large fields usually have more equipment needed in them, so having them near the map edges helps with FPS.  I am so far quite pleased with the FPS I am getting on the map given all the details. So, hopefully it can run on a wider range of machines as well.

Anyways, more updates soon!

Offline seriousmods

• ScreaminEagle
  • Serious Mods for Serious Farmers
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 02:24:56 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments.  It really does help with the motivation.  This may not be the most "feature rich" map, but I plan on it being really nice to relax and play on. 

I have put small to medium size fields nearer to the center of the map and will put some really huge fields near the outer edges of the map so there is something for everyone in terms of play style.  Also, large fields usually have more equipment needed in them, so having them near the map edges helps with FPS.  I am so far quite pleased with the FPS I am getting on the map given all the details. So, hopefully it can run on a wider range of machines as well.

Anyways, more updates soon!

Excellent, well it's looking really good. You've got great textures for foliage and whatnot, a nice DEM file which results in great scenery, plenty of room to work with given the 4x size, and big fields which will be great for people like me who love the 9-Series Deeres and the 40 foot combine headers.

The only thing I would adjust is the color of the road centerlines if possible. They'd look better yellow, but other than that, this looks to be one of the best American maps in a really long while.

Great work. :)

Hosea 10:12
"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground. . . .

Offline scrapiron

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »
looks awesome!

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2014, 02:51:40 PM »
Another WIP pic update for today.

Offline seriousmods

• ScreaminEagle
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2014, 02:58:11 PM »
Another WIP pic update for today.

It just keeps getting better. :)

I really love some of those screens.

Excellent work, truly a masterpiece in progress.

"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground. . . .

Offline JDboy

• Meme King Jiggle Johnny
  • Administrator
  • AEM Secretary
    • Country GOLD 93
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2014, 03:33:15 PM »
I love them BIG'ol fields!

But in all seriousness, This looks like a wonderful map you have going. I'll certainly give it a try when you've got it finished!

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2014, 03:33:56 PM »
 Looking better and better. Looks like photos of a drive thru the real rural America.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline jamespants

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 03:43:52 PM »
Looking really good buddy! I've been wanting to play an American map for ages. Even tried making one myself. Since I'm not from USA myself (<= NL) I had to base my map on pictures I found on the internet and Google streetview.. This is looking waaaay better! Aamazing job!

Offline Wadd1990

• Love To Farm!!
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2014, 04:38:25 PM »
Looks like it could be a really good map!!! Keep it up  (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Offline sdent50

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2014, 04:40:47 PM »
Wow!! Thats about all i can say. Looks amazing (y) (y)

Offline Alexo002

• Oak Valley Farm
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 05:25:13 PM »
Wow yet another beautiful American map Great job!!! cant wait to try it (y) (y) (y) :) :)

Offline Reapercon

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 07:43:52 PM »
Looks awesome.
Livin' The Dream.

Offline LeeS09

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2014, 07:02:45 PM »
looking very nice cant wait (y)
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretched his arms on the cross and died for me. If you love Jesus , put this as your signature. 97% WON'T do it. only 5% will stand up. I want to thank those who put this as there sig.

Offline JimmytheGeek

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2014, 10:22:46 AM »
Yeah, I gotta chime in too. I can't wait for this one! Looks  8)

Will the collisions for the fences be off so the map will be more courseplay-friendly?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:29:10 AM by JimmytheGeek »
A descendant of farmers, I'm the entire IT department for a small, rural-town library.

Offline MJD Farms

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 12:01:14 PM »
nice map another great American map :) (y)

Offline JDB14

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2014, 06:07:49 PM »
Oh my.....Now that's a US map similar to my homeland. Thanks to you, I'll be able to play, especially with the beautiful textures!

Keep the great job up!!!

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2014, 05:56:39 AM »
Yeah, I gotta chime in too. I can't wait for this one! Looks  8)

Will the collisions for the fences be off so the map will be more courseplay-friendly?

Yes.  They are off for most objects near to the fields. 

Also, as an aside, the FPS shown in some of the screenshots are not indicative of the map performance.  For some reason they drop really low when I take a screenshot.

Offline JimmytheGeek

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2014, 12:50:30 PM »
Yes.  They are off for most objects near to the fields.

Woo hoo! Thanks! For me, the fence & tree collisions were the #1 turn-off on MAFM, a map I otherwise would have loved.
A descendant of farmers, I'm the entire IT department for a small, rural-town library.

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2014, 01:32:20 AM »
Hello everyone.  So, I have been hard at work on this map.  One major thing I have done is start to redo all of the roads.  I was not happy with the ones I was using and wanted something more "American".  So, I have begun the task of replacing them all to that end.  I have included a few pics to show the new roads.  These have the proper passing/no-passing lines as well as colors and allow me to make some "farm roads" that have no markings.  Also, I have widened them up for better use with bigger vehicles.  (I don't like the tight squeezes of many of the euro maps. :-)  )

I have reworked the main farm and town a little bit and I will completely redo the pig farm which i was not happy with.  It will now be a little more "old" style.  I added overhead garage doors to some of the main farm buildings, but the collisions are off to help with FPS.  Anyways, below are the latest pics showing off some of the above mentioned things.

Offline seriousmods

• ScreaminEagle
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2014, 02:11:16 AM »
Hello everyone.  So, I have been hard at work on this map.  One major thing I have done is start to redo all of the roads.  I was not happy with the ones I was using and wanted something more "American".  So, I have begun the task of replacing them all to that end.  I have included a few pics to show the new roads.  These have the proper passing/no-passing lines as well as colors and allow me to make some "farm roads" that have no markings.  Also, I have widened them up for better use with bigger vehicles.  (I don't like the tight squeezes of many of the euro maps. :-)  )

I have reworked the main farm and town a little bit and I will completely redo the pig farm which i was not happy with.  It will now be a little more "old" style.  I added overhead garage doors to some of the main farm buildings, but the collisions are off to help with FPS.  Anyways, below are the latest pics showing off some of the above mentioned things.

Wow! Those are the best looking US roads I've seen yet. :)

Did you retexture them or make new ones altogether?

It gets better looking each time. :)

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2014, 02:26:40 AM »
Wow! Those are the best looking US roads I've seen yet. :)

Did you retexture them or make new ones altogether?

It gets better looking each time. :)

I got new ones altogether.  That means that I need to replace all of the current ones in the map. :-(  Also, it required a lot of additional texture work on the new models I found.  But anyways, I think the result will be worth it.

Offline jamespants

« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2014, 03:57:00 AM »
Allow me to remind you once more that you are doing an amazing(!!) job. I've been waiting a long long time for a map like this. Well done! And yes, the new road looks great! I like the yellow lines. :)

Offline seriousmods

• ScreaminEagle
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2014, 10:41:03 AM »
I got new ones altogether.  That means that I need to replace all of the current ones in the map. :-(  Also, it required a lot of additional texture work on the new models I found.  But anyways, I think the result will be worth it.

Oh yes, it's definitely worth it.

It will be an awesome map once done, probably the best ever in terms of 4x maps.