American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 23, 2020, 12:07:38 AM

Author Topic: Idaho, USA Map - Timber Edition  (Read 23026 times)

Offline blueweb (OP)

Idaho, USA Map - Timber Edition
« on: April 06, 2014, 06:49:09 AM »
Edit: I am using this same forum to start showing some prelim pics of the new Timber Edition of Idaho, USA. This will incorporate the new Forestry Mod that has just been released.

Hello everyone.  I know there are a lot of American style maps out and on the horizon right now, but I thought I would throw my own into the ring.  I have decided to make a map that combines a lot of my favorite things from different maps.  Things like details, nature, rolling hills, American buildings, etc.  It seems that the closest representation of this would be somewhere like Idaho, so that is the name I have chosen.  I have received almost all of the permissions needed for the objects I am using, which is why I have decided to make it a release.

This map will not be overly loaded with additional features, but it will have a few extras and be nice to look at.  The map is also fairly large at 4x and there can be a fair amount of driving, but I feel that this represents the American farming culture appropriately.  In any case, I have will situate most of the most important things fairly closely to accommodate single player play.  So far, the map will have:

-Multifruit (oat and soybean for now)
-AllInOne Silo
-Town
-Pigs
-Watermod
-SilageSilos
-Multiple Sell Points

I have included a few intial pics of the map, but please note that these are very early and subject to change.  :-)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:04:07 AM by blueweb »

Offline Evan

Re: Idaho, USA Map
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 10:31:31 AM »
Lookin' real good!  (y)

Offline Ag Hauler

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 10:36:49 AM »
This looks phenomenal. I have been trying to build something like this for about a year but there always seem to be those little details lacking. Yours looks awesome. I do have a few questions for you. Are fields able to be bought? Are there multiple farms? Are there missions? Is it able to be played on lower end computers. Again Great Looking WIP Sir.

Offline dairyfarmer1228

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »
Looks Amazing! Cant wait for this!

Offline JD4440man

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 11:14:32 AM »
Wow amazing details!!! Looks like another great usa map!!!

Offline farmboy57

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »
Map looks amazing! Great job!

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 12:05:56 PM »
This looks phenomenal. I have been trying to build something like this for about a year but there always seem to be those little details lacking. Yours looks awesome. I do have a few questions for you. Are fields able to be bought? Are there multiple farms? Are there missions? Is it able to be played on lower end computers. Again Great Looking WIP Sir.

You will start with some owned fields near the farm, but all others will be buyable. There willing be a smaller farm near the pigs, but no other farms planned right now.  I am not planning to have missions.  The PC requirement is still out, but I am trying to keep higher res textures down to accommodate slower machines.

Offline LMBFarmer

• OS-FS
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 01:13:52 PM »
Ok, i have to ask, where in ID is this based? Not Moscow, over by Boise, Nampa and Kuna?   Or by Idaho Falls?

I have lived those places, that's why i ask  ;)

Everyday's a revolution, welcome to the future.

Offline powe7626

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
It is definitely southern Idaho because if it was moscow there would be hills
Go Cougs!!!

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 02:26:56 PM »
It is definitely southern Idaho because if it was moscow there would be hills

Map is not done.  Hills/mountains to be added.  :-) I am aiming for more of a Moscow region, as far as looks go, however.

That being said, I wasn't really basing it off a particular region/city in Idaho, but more the geographical location in general.  E.g. you wouldn't find these rolling hills, forests, etc. in Kansas...

Offline LMBFarmer

• OS-FS
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2014, 02:29:06 PM »
Map is not done.  Hills/mountains to be added.  :-) I am aiming for more of a Moscow region, as far as looks go, however.

That being said, I wasn't really basing it off a particular region/city in Idaho, but more the geographical location in general.  E.g. you wouldn't find these rolling hills, forests, etc. in Kansas...

So kinda like amber but just ID?

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 02:34:09 PM »
So kinda like amber but just ID?

If you mean the Amber map, I would say not really.  This map should have more detail than that one did.  Also, I don't plan to have many, if any, steep climbs up hills or mountains as that map did since I also want the map to be MR friendly.  The hills/maps will be around though.

Offline LMBFarmer

• OS-FS
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 02:36:34 PM »
If you mean the Amber map, I would say not really.  This map should have more detail than that one did.  Also, I don't plan to have many, if any, steep climbs up hills or mountains as that map did since I also want the map to be MR friendly.  The hills/maps will be around though.

= Ririe, 15 miles south of where i live  ;)

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 02:54:56 PM »
Update with a few more progress pics for today. 

Offline powe7626

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 09:40:07 PM »
I was just wondering if anybody has ever made a mod for Garbonzo beans because we grow alot of the them and are a major rotation crop here. along with lentils.
The rotation on our farm is Winter wheat, Spring Wheat, and garbonzo beans, but some fields get peas depending where the field is and if it is wet enough. If you need help with the region i live and farm here so i know alot about it.
Go Cougs!!!

Offline seriousmods

• ScreaminEagle
  • Serious Mods for Serious Farmers
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 09:50:12 PM »
I'm really liking the look of this map.

Every time a new map comes out I say, I'm really going to use this map, and then ten minutes later there's another great project in the works.

Excellent! Those hills will be a really nice piece of scenery to look at as we all play. :)

Hosea 10:12
"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground. . . .

Offline rungreen12

• Regular
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 11:41:51 PM »
Keep up the great work there is a great American feel to the map
Thor Farms Inc. -"making life a little sweeter"

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 11:49:04 PM »
I'm really liking the look of this map.

Every time a new map comes out I say, I'm really going to use this map, and then ten minutes later there's another great project in the works.

Excellent! Those hills will be a really nice piece of scenery to look at as we all play. :)

That is really why I am making this map.  I like the American style maps, but I also like to look around while I'm farming. :-)

Thanks for the offer of help on the map guys.  I may need some technical help at some point, but I am not trying to recreate a particular region accurately.  I chose the state because I believe it closely resembles the look I am going for. That being said, if I run into any of those fruits, I may think about adding them as well. 

A few things about the map so far.  I am generally trying to keep the fields more or less squarish.  I know it makes for a bit less interesting terrain, but it is still a game and this will accommodate hired helpers and courseplay more easily.  Not every field will conform to this however.  Some sell points will be a bit further away because I like to haul/drive different types of loads using some of the great mods on this site.  Collisions on many objects near fields and where vehicles will be often used are disabled (not buildings, but trees, fences, etc.).  Again, I know this decreases realism, but it's still a game and this helps with creating interesting scenery while still accommodating hired help and courseplay.

I have tried to avoid creating a simple grid road network to make driving around a bit more interesting.  This can make navigation a bit tricky, but I will include a sign system to help point players around a bit more easily.

A few questions for players:
1.  How do you feel about silage fermentation areas (silos) outside of the main farms?  E.g. at certain locations around the map.  Would anyone use this or find it useful?
2.  What about storage sheds at locations around the map? Or does everyone prefer to return their equipment back to a farm after usage?

Offline seriousmods

• ScreaminEagle
  • Serious Mods for Serious Farmers
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 12:03:02 AM »
That is really why I am making this map.  I like the American style maps, but I also like to look around while I'm farming. :-)

Thanks for the offer of help on the map guys.  I may need some technical help at some point, but I am not trying to recreate a particular region accurately.  I chose the state because I believe it closely resembles the look I am going for. That being said, if I run into any of those fruits, I may think about adding them as well. 

A few things about the map so far.  I am generally trying to keep the fields more or less squarish.  I know it makes for a bit less interesting terrain, but it is still a game and this will accommodate hired helpers and courseplay more easily.  Not every field will conform to this however.  Some sell points will be a bit further away because I like to haul/drive different types of loads using some of the great mods on this site.  Collisions on many objects near fields and where vehicles will be often used are disabled (not buildings, but trees, fences, etc.).  Again, I know this decreases realism, but it's still a game and this helps with creating interesting scenery while still accommodating hired help and courseplay.

I have tried to avoid creating a simple grid road network to make driving around a bit more interesting.  This can make navigation a bit tricky, but I will include a sign system to help point players around a bit more easily.

A few questions for players:
1.  How do you feel about silage fermentation areas (silos) outside of the main farms?  E.g. at certain locations around the map.  Would anyone use this or find it useful?
2.  What about storage sheds at locations around the map? Or does everyone prefer to return their equipment back to a farm after usage?

Personally, I like the one farmyard concept. Even though I never drive my stuff back to the farm, if I played more seriously, I would.

And I'd personally do the same for silos, but that's just me.

And hey, if we get lost on the map, no problem. We'll just enjoy the scenery from where we are. :)

Hosea 10:12
"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground. . . .

Offline Ag Hauler

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 07:05:15 AM »
I personally like to take my machinery back to the farm or at least to a farmyard after use. I like the idea of a small older farmyards scattered about for using a shed here or there.

Offline mrnascar

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 08:23:05 AM »
I also like to keep my machinery at the main farmyard when not in use, even though when I  park a half dozen harvesters, and a couple dozen tractors and implements in a small area, it gets a bit laggy around that spot, (my laptop is mediocre at best..)

In a lot of cases, at least up here, when farm A has bought up neighbouring farms B and C, the house may be abandoned, but the sheds get used for equipment, hay storage etc, so providing remote storage locations is not unrealistic. Would  an option be to make them "map buyable objects" so you have to buy them before using them? I've never played around with that, so I'm not exactly sure how it works.

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2014, 02:16:42 PM »
Hi guys.  Few more pics and some more info. 

I will add another small farm near the pig house.  It will be an older style farm compared to the more modern pieces found at the main farm.  I have seeded nearly every extra field as well because when I am playing, I don't like to feel like I am the only farmer in town.  This makes it feel more like there are others around. :)  If you don't like/want to be able to have a fully grown crop upon buying a new field, then feel free to cultivate them upon buying.  Along those same lines, I have also included a few fields that are not buyable.  These are pretty small fields and there aren't tons of them, but the idea is that there would be other farmers and that their land is not for sale. 

I have also tried to make realistic prices in dollars for each field based on its actual in-game acreage.  I have used the US average of about $8500 per acre.  If you know more in-depth about this or have an opinion on it, I would like to hear it.  I have decided to, more or less, not put sheds across the map as it seems to be the consensus and I agree.  Anyways, on to the pics!

Offline machinegun030

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2014, 04:26:48 PM »
is this map gonna be like the palouse or like boise
Save a horse ride a Deere

Offline pyrophoenix83

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 12:55:34 PM »
This looks great. there is alot of good american maps popping up around here :)

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 01:16:46 PM »
Looking really great. Gives you a backroads America Feeling.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14