American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 17, 2019, 04:52:10 PM

Author Topic: MR or non-MR  (Read 7629 times)

Offline MikeLowery

Re: MR or non-MR
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2014, 01:33:10 PM »
Ok I did my first tinkering with the Mr mod program last week and it went very well i can say for my first time doing it. The thing about the realism of a Mr mod is knowing the equipment and really boils down to it is being a real farmer. The tractor that I converted over doesn't have any of the problems everyone is talking about. You really have to redo the scripts of the mod in order for it to work correctly. A lot of people really don't know how to do it, they just put the scripts in and that's it no errors its good to go to them, but that is not true. All tractors have to have the proper weight distribution throughout the tractor so it will lug and pull. If this is not correct the tractor will not pull a fat man out of his TV chair. This program is good you just have to know what you are doing and set it up accordingly. No I didn't crank the horsepower to make it pull either. Its all about balance. Everyone wants a mod that will fly thru the field doing about 14mph cultivating, plowing or planting. That is why some don't like it and the others is because they are not farmers or just don't understand scripting enough to adjust everything to make it work. This is just may opinion on it. Not talking about anyone just saying. Take the time to research the equipment and knowing it specs and knowing what the equipment cant do. Let me talk about hills for a minute. 500hp tractor with a big implement is going to cut back some going up a hill. It will cut back going up a hill without anything. All tractors do, but if it cutt back to almost dead stop that means the implement is not right along with the tractor. That is when that balance thing I talk about earlier. You got to know the equipment  ;)(y)

v/r
MIKELOWERY

Offline AndyC

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2014, 02:08:46 PM »
Ok I did my first tinkering with the Mr mod program last week and it went very well i can say for my first time doing it. The thing about the realism of a Mr mod is knowing the equipment and really boils down to it is being a real farmer. The tractor that I converted over doesn't have any of the problems everyone is talking about. You really have to redo the scripts of the mod in order for it to work correctly. A lot of people really don't know how to do it, they just put the scripts in and that's it no errors its good to go to them, but that is not true. All tractors have to have the proper weight distribution throughout the tractor so it will lug and pull. If this is not correct the tractor will not pull a fat man out of his TV chair. This program is good you just have to know what you are doing and set it up accordingly. No I didn't crank the horsepower to make it pull either. Its all about balance. Everyone wants a mod that will fly thru the field doing about 14mph cultivating, plowing or planting. That is why some don't like it and the others is because they are not farmers or just don't understand scripting enough to adjust everything to make it work. This is just may opinion on it. Not talking about anyone just saying. Take the time to research the equipment and knowing it specs and knowing what the equipment cant do. Let me talk about hills for a minute. 500hp tractor with a big implement is going to cut back some going up a hill. It will cut back going up a hill without anything. All tractors do, but if it cutt back to almost dead stop that means the implement is not right along with the tractor. That is when that balance thing I talk about earlier. You got to know the equipment  ;)(y)

v/r
MIKELOWERY

Very well said mike!

Offline seriousmods

• ScreaminEagle
  • Serious Mods for Serious Farmers
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2014, 03:52:12 PM »

v/r
MIKELOWERY

Absolutely correct. :)

Hosea 10:12
"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground. . . .

Offline Buhler

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2014, 04:42:46 PM »

v/r
MIKELOWERY

very well said Mike mr not mr doesn't matter there are good and bad out there on both sides but very few on either side that don't need to be tinkered with to make work correctly for some it seems that they need to see how many more they can produce than the next guy. I would rather wait for a good mod that I know is comeing out some day most of the long time players know who the good moders are and wait with anticipation for that persons release although alot  of the old guys have moved on or are only doing private now.

I would also just like to add that I wish dural could or would make it a global so there wouldn't be so much hastle with mr or not
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:51:49 PM by Buhler »
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretched his arms on the cross and died for me. If you love Jesus , put this as your signature. 97% WON'T do it. only 5% will stand up. I want to thank those who put this as there sig.
SIG BY JohnDeere0047

Offline djhomann2005

• Rookie
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2014, 03:49:27 PM »
I would also just like to add that I wish dural could or would make it a global so there wouldn't be so much hastle with mr or not

There is no way to make it global because of the fact that every piece of equipment is different.  It would be nice, but not a realistic expectation. 

Also, I will say to those who complain about large tractors not being able to pull implements up hills, there are two possible problems here.  If you are using a "converted to MR" by someone other than dural, there is a real possibility they did a poor job converting it.  I have seen some conversions where people didn't even take the linear and angular damping off which is one of the first things you have to do.

The second possible problem, as dural has stated in the fs-uk forums, is that the hills in-game are often much steeper than they appear.  Because of the way computer screens work and the lack of reference that you would have in real life, hills that people consider "small" in the game are often actually quite steep.  This will lead to a tractor having a much harder time than you think it "should" pulling something up the hill. 

Just my two cents (if it's even worth that).  Also, it is the "moreRealistic" mod, not the "absolutely perfectly realistic" mod because, as stated in here, that will never be possible.  However, this mod does make the game more realistic in many ways (as long as the vehicles and implements are correctly converted).

Offline 13lbutler

• Ag Systems Technology at ISU
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2014, 04:14:57 PM »
I don't mod wish I had the time to mod. So not trying to disrespect anyone's creations. MR is a cool concept but it's a concept. Needs to be tested until fine tuned. Modders gotta remember that we're not all talented like you guys are :P Sucks when the best mods on this game are MR and don't work worth a *. I just ask that they come out with both. BUT that's my opinion. And as always thanks for the hard work you guys do. MR or not I still enjoy  :)
LB

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2014, 04:18:08 PM »
I don't mod wish I had the time to mod. So not trying to disrespect anyone's creations. MR is a cool concept but it's a concept. Needs to be tested until fine tuned. Modders gotta remember that we're not all talented like you guys are :P Sucks when the best mods on this game are MR and don't work worth a *. I just ask that they come out with both. BUT that's my opinion. And as always thanks for the hard work you guys do. MR or not I still enjoy  :)
If there on This sight, that is what the support topics are for. For you post your issues so that we can learn from each other and grow better as a community.
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2014, 05:05:51 PM »

well buddy the only thing i can tell you is, you better start to learn how to mod. because no one is going to listen to what you have to say. it's your choice to download it and use or just dont use it at all.. Sorry :( *facepalm*

Offline tjmoney202

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2014, 05:31:27 PM »
i use mr but in times it seems like the tractors i have downloaded are saying not enough power to transmission. but i love the aspect of the mr things if they could just be fine tuned.
"Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easier."-Dan Gable

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 06:47:20 PM »

Also go read my post a couple or more post down ;)

Offline ipparker23

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2014, 10:17:34 PM »
I love the more realistic mod idea. Do I like the mods released for the way they work, not so much. Here's my beef with it, I have a MR John Deere 9560r i use in the game and I love how it drives and looks but when I hit a hill that's pretty big I won't make it. I farm and we have an older 8970 John Deere with 450 horse and it would take a hill, high gear, and a 40' soil finisher to dog it that much. All I'm saying is 560 horse can handle anything at at least 6-7 mph with a good sized implement and more realistic mods don't work that way. Still I do like the idea it just needs work.

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2014, 12:28:36 AM »
What are you trying pull?
Is your tool also converted to Mr?
Did you download from a quality web sight that holds to standards?
Have you checked both tracktor and tool to see if it was converted properly??

As you can see here, properly converted mods will work on VERY steep Hill sides if done right.

All mods are conversion that will soon be uploaded. The d9 was done by a friend but I am doing more before i upload. Will have a help topic on my problem soon i get time right it up.
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline ipparker23

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2014, 09:19:59 PM »
I got the 9560 and the john deere 2410 off of here both are MR. I couldn't tell you if they are converted properly or not I haven't looked into it I assumed they were correct because of who released them

Offline jon1212

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2014, 09:34:50 PM »
love mr but  the mr tractors constantly getting stuck an it gets agravtting some times but still a good idea
500 x 150 max allowed size!!

Offline Bradwrr123

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2014, 09:47:09 PM »
MR doesn't really seem all that "MR" to me. It's really just more expensive equipment, loss of power in tractors, heavier implements... you can't go up the slightest hill without getting stuck.

If Giants would update their physics engine then modders wouldn't have to spend hours of changing mods and that time can be used to improve their mods - there's always room for improvement.

Plus there aren't that many MR mods... I use the MR implements but that's really it. Implements aren't too much of a problem with me.

Offline Banjo12

• Regular
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2014, 09:53:31 PM »
I see a lot of people say my tractor in real life can do this or my combine in real life does this, if you want a real life experience then get on your real tractor. Think we need to keep in mind this is a game and I've seen a lot of improvement in the game by the hard work people put into making mods more realistic. This site provides the best mods I've found and I look forward to all the mods and maps to come, mr and non mr.