American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

February 23, 2020, 10:38:53 PM

Author Topic: Modern American Farming Map V1.0  (Read 104042 times)

Offline Broncfan03

Re: Modern American Farming Map V1.0
« Reply #625 on: September 25, 2014, 08:27:56 PM »
How do i do that

Create a new folder on your desktop and name it the same name as the zip folder you want to work on (so name it MAFB in this case)

Open the zipped MAFB folder, and then select all the files and drag them into your new folder.  Windows should automatically unzip them.

Then open the "map" folder then open the "map.i3d". 

It might take a bit for it to open, then you should see the map in the editor. 

If you've never used Giants before, I'd recommend watching these videos   http://gdn.giants-software.com/videoTutorials.php

For getting rid of the fences, I'd recommend deleting them using the scenograph window since you can select more than one object (you can't in the map window).  If this doesn't make sense, watch the videos and then play around a little bit in editor and it should become clear.

Offline kodydaum50

« Reply #626 on: October 02, 2014, 09:07:49 PM »
Is there any plans for a update on this map I love it but would like to see the soil mod and chopped straw added other than that this map is my favourite

Offline stro1rob

« Reply #627 on: October 30, 2014, 11:52:29 PM »
I have looked through several pages of comments on this map. I too like the map and am waiting for version 2. I have a problem now though in that the milk truck won't load. I am sitting with over 25000 liters of milk because the truck has not picked up for some time. In my log it says it can't load the "milktruck.i3d" file. Any
thoughts?

Offline Sivy

• 500+
« Reply #628 on: October 31, 2014, 08:20:05 AM »
I have looked through several pages of comments on this map. I too like the map and am waiting for version 2. I have a problem now though in that the milk truck won't load. I am sitting with over 25000 liters of milk because the truck has not picked up for some time. In my log it says it can't load the "milktruck.i3d" file. Any
thoughts?
Only thing In a map is milk splines ether they are there or not...  If they are in the map the milk truck will run (which they are I think in V1) it will spawn on the route "spline" and haul the milk.

In the user attribute for the spline it has and on.create which calls for the milk truck which then loads the i3d which is in your data folder (main fs folder) if it doesn't exist you will have an error.

Its very possible you have a mod with an xml calling for milktruck.i3d this also would cause the error. There was a topic recently someone had the same error (would have to dig/search to find) anyhow pretty positive V1 had a milk spline and ran after midnight but the map was uploaded with out errors.

Doc might chime in to say for sure about the milk spline its been a while and has been working on creating V2/V3.

Offline stro1rob

« Reply #629 on: October 31, 2014, 09:49:04 PM »
Thanks Sivy

I will have to do some digging to see if there is another mod that does that. The funny thing is that it was working since the start and I have been on this game for over 60 hours. Then I ran into the problem with the round bales (see my other post). Now it doesn't work. 

Offline john deere 8370r

« Reply #630 on: November 25, 2014, 09:25:50 PM »
I farm on this a lot and its fun to play on but all the when I save the game and go back to it the next day I sells all of my equipment and I have to buy it all over again what is wrong with it

Offline JimmytheGeek

« Reply #631 on: November 26, 2014, 12:40:02 PM »
I farm on this a lot and its fun to play on but all the when I save the game and go back to it the next day I sells all of my equipment and I have to buy it all over again what is wrong with it

This is almost always a mod conflict. Check your log for errors and you'll see what the problem is. If that's not conclusive, clear all your mods out of your mods folder and re-add them one by one to see which one causes the error.
A descendant of farmers, I'm the entire IT department for a small, rural-town library.

Offline jack060

« Reply #632 on: November 21, 2015, 05:02:34 PM »
I'm having trouble with the pigs. I transport them to sell point and unload but receive no profit for them.