American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

June 02, 2020, 01:46:37 PM

Author Topic: needing some advice  (Read 2359 times)

Offline plowboy_24 (OP)

needing some advice
« on: August 21, 2013, 11:00:07 PM »
I have two balers that I am trying to take one grass bale color off of one and add it to the other and i cant seem to get it right.  the balers are  hesstons, one is the 4800 and the other is the 5100.  I remember have to to something for the hesston baler in the straw mod pack for fs 2011 but I cant remember what it was. thanks in advance for the help 

Offline AlbertL

Re: needing some advice
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »
I have two balers that I am trying to take one grass bale color off of one and add it to the other and i cant seem to get it right.  the balers are  Heston's, one is the 4800 and the other is the 5100.  I remember have to to something for the Heston baler in the straw mod pack for F's 2011 but I cant remember what it was. thanks in advance for the help

One,
take the files you want from baler,
copy, paste in bales folder of other baler.
then open your bales i3d in notpad++
Change the bale texture name to your new texture name.
save, open bale i3d in GE and look at your texture
save have fun.
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline plowboy_24 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 11:51:31 PM »
i did the first part of that thinking that would work but i didn't even think about getting into ge. thank you for the help AlbertL

Offline plowboy_24 (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:05:44 AM »
I finally got the grass texture to show for grass bales but when I put the bales in the stock feed mixer  it is showing it as straw  instead of grass and I'm not sure how to fix this thanks for the help so far

Offline kj981300

• Eagles Club
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 01:21:31 PM »
I finally got the grass texture to show for grass bales but when I put the bales in the stock feed mixer  it is showing it as straw  instead of grass and I'm not sure how to fix this thanks for the help so far

Instead of turning the straw texture into a grass, turn the grass into you updated grass texture. KJ.
If You Believe In YourSelf And Have Dedication And Pride - And Never Quit - You'll Be A Winner. The Price Of Victory Is High - But So Are The Rewards. ~Paul (Bear) Bryant

When They Say, "Let A Professional Do It".. Just How Dumb Do You Think I Am :facepalm: 

Offline plowboy_24 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 12:20:29 PM »
I ended up not coping and pasting i3d files instead i looked into the balers xml file and found the bale fruit type. Looking at xml's of other balers i found that the bale fruit type was missing somethings. it looked like this
 <baleTypes>
        <baleType fillType="wheat" filename="Bales/strawBale.i3d" />
        <baleType fillType="barley" filename="Bales/strawBale.i3d" />
        <baleType fillType="dryGrass" filename="Bales/hayBale.i3d" />
        <baleType fillType="grass" filename="Bales/hayBale.i3d" />

I then changed it to look like this
   <baleTypes>
        <baleType fillType="wheat_windrow"filename="Bales/StrawBaler.i3d" />
        <baleType fillType="barley_windrow"filename="Bales/StrawBaler.i3d" />
        <baleType fillType="dryGrass_windrow"filename="Bales/hayBaler.i3d" />
        <baleType fillType="grass_windrow"filename="Bales/hayBaler.i3d" />
 So adding the _windrow to each fruit type made the grass texture show up while baling grass but the fruit type is still straw. I no im in over my head with this but it is driving my crazy.  Thanks for the help in advance and the help thus far

Post Merge: November 17, 2013, 08:30:30 PM
Well i finally got the right combination or something as i have got it to work right grass shows up as grass and straw shows up as straw so I would like to say thanks for all the help that I have gotten in this matter.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:30:30 PM by plowboy_24 »