American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 17, 2019, 04:56:40 PM

Author Topic: Giants Mod Hub  (Read 5775 times)

Offline BigCountry (OP)

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
Giants Mod Hub
« on: October 29, 2012, 11:31:13 AM »
For anyone that hasn't discovered it yet, Giants Mod Hub is now online.

http://www.farming-simulator.com/mods.php?lang=en&filter=latest&page=0

From this site you can download official Giants mods and mods promoted by Giants.

For example, they have available for download the Lizard ATV and placeable machine sheds.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
Re: Giants Mod Hub
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:37:14 PM »
For anyone that hasn't discovered it yet, Giants Mod Hub is now online.

http://www.farming-simulator.com/mods.php?lang=en&filter=latest&page=0

From this site you can download official Giants mods and mods promoted by Giants.

For example, they have available for download the Lizard ATV and placeable machine sheds.
Just checked it out has some nice mods. I hope this does not deter the good modders out there  or turn into a pay thing.Will see where it leads.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline jay

• Regular
  • Beef steak when im hungry rye whisky when im dry
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »
is anybody else having trouble dl from giants mod hub   

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 05:04:39 PM »
is anybody else having trouble dl from giants mod hub
I went to the hub from my game start menu and downloaded 4 of the mods with no trouble.

Offline BigCountry (OP)

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 07:23:25 PM »
Just checked it out has some nice mods. I hope this does not deter the good modders out there  or turn into a pay thing.Will see where it leads.

You bring up a good point. The fact that it says "FREE" in the box next to the "Download" icon could mean that they intend to have some mods be purchasable. Otherwise, why would they even have to list "FREE".

Unless they intend to place the future DLC on the MOD Hub also.

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline TRwelds

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 11:55:48 PM »
You bring up a good point. The fact that it says "FREE" in the box next to the "Download" icon could mean that they intend to have some mods be purchasable. Otherwise, why would they even have to list "FREE".

Unless they intend to place the future DLC on the MOD Hub also.

I think because they, in the past have had DLC that you did pay for, they put the free tag on there because if not people might they they are being charged for the downloads.

I really hope they don't get into micro purchases, for PC anyways. I could also see this mod hub being a way for mods to become available for the other platforms like xbox. which would probably mean micro purchases.

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 12:33:32 AM »
I agree with many of you, they probably just used the same buying program and added the new section 'free'.

They will probably still have dlc or official add-ons that will be MIRCO buys, maybe a pack of specialized stuff but i don't see them charging for each MOD, or sight access on a monthly payment thing.

Yet it all just speculation, so we shall see.

Nice they have that going though all the same.
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline Glen

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 04:04:00 AM »
Farming Simulator is the only game that I know of where so many players seem completely resistant to purchasing DLC... Why? Every decent game out there for PC (and now most consoles) has some kind of DLC that users need to purchase! We're getting all the possibilities of the game engine, a new map and a load more vehicles and tools; why are the players of this game, as opposed to others, so greedy and whiney about stuff? I'm not ranting, I'm asking a legitimate question; I've never seen it before.

I'll buy any DLC, so long as it's a decent price and it's of good quality. I was disappointed with the Classics DLC, as there were a load of bugs and low quality aspects, which I'd have thought, at the very least, they would have made fixable, but with the way it is, no DLC is fixable if it's bad. That's my only issue; if Giants release good quality, reasonably priced DLC, I'll buy it; because that's just what game developers do... It's... Normal! ::)

Offline ihboy

• Hank It
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 06:01:54 AM »
Farming Simulator is the only game that I know of where so many players seem completely resistant to purchasing DLC... Why? Every decent game out there for PC (and now most consoles) has some kind of DLC that users need to purchase! We're getting all the possibilities of the game engine, a new map and a load more vehicles and tools; why are the players of this game, as opposed to others, so greedy and whiney about stuff? I'm not ranting, I'm asking a legitimate question; I've never seen it before.

I'll buy any DLC, so long as it's a decent price and it's of good quality. I was disappointed with the Classics DLC, as there were a load of bugs and low quality aspects, which I'd have thought, at the very least, they would have made fixable, but with the way it is, no DLC is fixable if it's bad. That's my only issue; if Giants release good quality, reasonably priced DLC, I'll buy it; because that's just what game developers do... It's... Normal! ::)
Tbh in my opinion DLC's are not really worth the money I bought FS2011 Plat edition and I never used anything extra but the bga and that only when it was in already in map I dowloaded I have probably not even used all of the original game equipment so if I have to pay for mods from Giants I will stick with ones from teams like AE and the FS-UK modteam because in my opinion they are way better anyway
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:12:44 AM by ihboy »

HillBilly Modteam W.I.P Maple Creek Farms http://www.americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?topic=2648.0
Sweet Home Alabama

Offline Glen

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 08:18:59 AM »
Well, that's fair enough; if you don't want it, don't buy it, but it's the people that think the DLC ought to be free that get on my *... These guys worked hard on the DLC they provide and have to pay license fees to use brands and logos, so it's only right that they charge for them. I'm not saying you have to buy the DLC, I'm saying you ought to pay for it if you want it; if you don't want it, it's no big deal, is it? It's like me complaining about the price of a Burger King, when I have no place to, because I'm a vegetarian. ::)

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 10:03:19 AM »
Well, that's fair enough; if you don't want it, don't buy it, but it's the people that think the DLC ought to be free that get on my *... These guys worked hard on the DLC they provide and have to pay license fees to use brands and logos, so it's only right that they charge for them. I'm not saying you have to buy the DLC, I'm saying you ought to pay for it if you want it; if you don't want it, it's no big deal, is it? It's like me complaining about the price of a Burger King, when I have no place to, because I'm a vegetarian. ::)
I agree I do not mind paying for a dlc, but I would like to wait till I start getting a little bored with the game first. The way 203 is set up there is some great potential for some great dlc's to be made.