American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

January 27, 2022, 04:42:30 AM

Author Topic: failed to open xml file  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Swilley86 (OP)

failed to open xml file
« on: February 28, 2021, 02:52:17 PM »
Ive been getting this error when adding a new crop to a map

Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_fillTypes.xml'. Error:

Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_fruitTypes.xml

Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml'

ERROR: i3d file maps/particleSystems/particle_materialHolder.i3d not found

Post Merge: February 28, 2021, 03:44:30 PM
Also giants editor opens the map.i3d file just fine but when you zip the file to put the mod into fs19 mods folder then try to open the map.i3d file with giants editor it just crashes instantly
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 03:44:30 PM by Swilley86 »

Offline johndeere 4255

Re: failed to open xml file
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 12:20:32 PM »
This is going to sound stupid, but first thing first, have you made sure that the files mentioned in those errors are actually there in your files, and that the file paths are point to correct files? As far as Giants crashing are you trying to open the i3d in the zipped folder? That would cause the game to instantly crash, it has to be unzipped to open i believe. What crop are you trying to add? Does the map your editing only have the base crops, with the exception of whatever you're adding?

1 Corinthians 2:2: For I determined to know nothing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified....we preach Christ crucified....AMEN!

Offline Swilley86 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 02:01:55 PM »
Yeah I have I have checked it over and over again to make sure that those files are there not sure why its not loading it...
also thanks for the info on the giants editor i feel stupid now lmao

Post Merge: March 01, 2021, 02:06:48 PM
The map reads all the base fruitTypes I am trying to add Alfalfa by exporting some file commands from other maps that have alfalfa already on them. Ive also updated the fruit_Types file and fill_Types file to only read alfalfa by deleting all other fruit and crops in those  xml files.

Also since I have updated this all crops open perfectly when opening the map.i3d file in giants editor the new alfalfa crop works great with all growth states but for some reason now all the outlined grass areas along the fields and roads are now changed to wheat 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 02:06:48 PM by Swilley86 »

Offline johndeere 4255

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 07:53:56 PM »
I feel dumb for being an admin and not knowing much about this issue, I haven't messed seriously with maps since fs15 LOL....Now does your giants editor console throw the same errors as it does ingame? It sounds like something very basic, a number or something off, of course tracking things down like this can be the absolute worst!

1 Corinthians 2:2: For I determined to know nothing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified....we preach Christ crucified....AMEN!

Offline farmerboy69

• ScreaminEagle
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 12:41:21 AM »
Ive been getting this error when adding a new crop to a map

Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_fillTypes.xml'. Error:

Error: Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_fruitTypes.xml

Failed to open xml file 'C:/Users/Swilley/OneDrive/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2019/mods/FS19_Welker_Farms/xml/maps_densityMapHeightTypes.xml'

ERROR: i3d file maps/particleSystems/particle_materialHolder.i3d not found

Post Merge: February 28, 2021, 03:44:30 PM
Also giants editor opens the map.i3d file just fine but when you zip the file to put the mod into fs19 mods folder then try to open the map.i3d file with giants editor it just crashes instantly

dose the map have them xml in there if not thats where your problem is
2 do you have the lines right in the main xml for it to work
3 what are you trying to add to the map?

Offline Swilley86 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 12:49:11 PM »
thanks a lot for the feed back I went through and double checked every thing you mentioned and found I forgot to add a file name in the commands for the xml file it was looking for so now it working in game no errors but when I try to mow the Alfalfa it just mows it and makes the crop disappear and doesnt leave a windrow not sure where to look for the reason on no windrow since there is no errors