American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

June 02, 2020, 01:43:01 PM

Author Topic: download fs19 content into fs17?  (Read 132 times)

Offline phoenix (OP)

download fs19 content into fs17?
« on: May 23, 2020, 06:54:10 AM »
can I download fs19 content into fs17. I need some silos but after clicking on fs17 mods button it takes me to fs19 in stead it happens every time I click it; so i figure i can dl the content from fs19 to fs17. just asking

why  iam asking this is because I need a silo and/or grain storage to load and unload my grain including sugarbeets and potato. one that holds at least 500000 L each type all 35 types of product. everything is in fs19 cannot find any in fs17 the only 2 things I do not like fs17 is equipment breaks down all the time and then need to (tractors, tools) get it fixed second all of fs19 fields maps have seasons which i do not like either. I would like to control the time of day and night not the game itself.  besides that I like fs19.

phoenix
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:40:39 AM by phoenix »

Offline akuenzi

Re: download fs19 content into fs17?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 01:06:20 PM »
Hi phoenix,

can I download fs19 content into fs17. I need some silos but after clicking on fs17 mods button it takes me to fs19 in stead it happens every time I click it; so i figure i can dl the content from fs19 to fs17. just asking
You might be able to download FS '19 content into your FS '17 mods folder, but it won't work as the setup for FS '19 mods is different from FS '17, and won't be recognized by the game engine.  Wish it was that simple! :)  I think I've heard of some who have been able to convert FS '19 content into FS '17 content, but it requires a bunch of work.  Most of the modding tutorials out there are geared to converting mods from the older version of FS to the newer version, so it might be difficult finding assistance on how to do it.

why  iam asking this is because I need a silo and/or grain storage to load and unload my grain including sugarbeets and potato. one that holds at least 500000 L each type all 35 types of product. everything is in fs19 cannot find any in fs17
There are a number of placeable storage mods available, such as this one on the main mod hub.  It doesn't hold as much as you'd like, and doesn't quite have the variety of crops you'd like to have held in storage, but it wouldn't take much to modify it to hold as many different crops as you'd like.  You can also find a number of storage mods here, which might get closer to what you're after.  It appears many of these are called 'multi storages,' so you might try that term when you look for them with a google search.

the only 2 things I do not like fs17 is equipment breaks down all the time and then need to (tractors, tools) get it fixed
I wasn't aware that equipment breaks down in FS '17, at least not without a mod.  I think the seasons mod will cause things to break down -- are you using the seasons mod?  If so, you might want to deactivate it.

second all of fs19 fields maps have seasons which i do not like either.
If the map is set up properly, I don't think this should make a difference to game play.  You should still be able to play the map without the seasons mod just fine. :)

I would like to control the time of day and night not the game itself.  besides that I like fs19.
Control the time of day and night... Hmm.  That might be a tough one.  I'm aware of some mods out there that allow you to fast-forward the time, or to skip the night time, or that kind of thing, but nothing that allows you to specifically control the time of day and night.  Maybe someone else would know of some mods that allow you to do that.

Offline JDboy

• Meme King Jiggle Johnny
  • Administrator
  • AEM Secretary
    • Country GOLD 93
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 02:37:39 PM »
Control the time of day and night... Hmm.  That might be a tough one.  I'm aware of some mods out there that allow you to fast-forward the time, or to skip the night time, or that kind of thing, but nothing that allows you to specifically control the time of day and night.  Maybe someone else would know of some mods that allow you to do that.
There is a line you can plug into the log if your developer controls are on which allows you to simply choose a time and immediately the game does it. hit the "`" key above tab twice and then tab through until you get to the one regarding set time or something of that nature. The game uses military time, so it has to be in a 24-hour format.

As for mods to get in 17... I would either open up modhub.us and select FS17 on the side bar or use their search thing. After you search, there is an option at the top of the list to select a game version to filter. Of course there is also the downloads section here on AEM, but I don't know if there are any mods which fit your criteria. Finally, there's the GIANTS modhub which has FS17 still on it if you select that button in the navigation bar. I don't know if there's a search function on that or not.

Hope that helps some!

Offline phoenix (OP)

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 06:48:32 PM »
 thanks for the replies:

akuenzi, yeah, I made a mistake when I said" 2 things that I did not like about fs17  equipment breaks down all the time and need to get it fixed".  it should have read,

2 things that I do not like about fs19 not fs17 is equipment breaks down  all the time and need to get them fixed that's one of the reasons i do not like fs19. because iam  killing time to get the equipment fixed and not spending the most time in the productivity of the fields.

jdboy, and akuenzi 
in fs 17 maps there is an arrow that u can click on to change the time from real time, to 30, 60, 120 to make the days go by faster or slower.  all of my maps that I use have the day/ night control so I can speed up night time and slow on day just by adjusting to real time 30,60,120,  real time I use for days make it go by slower  more day to be in the fields; and I set maybe 30 or 60 to make the night time go by fast.  so I have about 15 maps that keeps me busy.

phoenix

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 06:55:26 PM by phoenix »