American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

December 09, 2019, 02:04:09 AM

Author Topic: course play and reversing  (Read 225 times)

Offline slickerman (OP)

course play and reversing
« on: December 03, 2019, 05:05:50 AM »
what symbol on Course play should I use when I am transporting  grass to a tip bunker.  so it tips its load and comes back to the start,   I am also using AutoDrive.

plus when I  do the reverse route at tip bunker, apart from click on reverse symbol. what else needs to be ticked

Offline Tom Cat

Re: course play and reversing
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 03:13:21 PM »
Oh boy - I'm on thin ice here ..  :-\

But since nobody knows anything anymore - or for whatever reason it might be they don't answer, I'm trying to not help you directly - but maybe some aid, so you can help yourself ..

There is a couple if interesting sites you may or may not know - that should give you some answers to your questions ..

http://courseplay.github.io/courseplay/

https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay

I'm really hoping the answers is to be found in one of the two sites ..

Sorry for not being able to help you more - but I've never used courseplay, so it's the best I can do ..

Regards - Tom Cat
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

The following users thanked this post: slickerman

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 04:54:12 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWnNAWv_wbc

its plenty of videos on Courseplay on youtube, but this should help you out...

Offline slickerman (OP)

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 03:45:22 AM »
Oh boy - I'm on thin ice here ..  :-\

But since nobody knows anything anymore - or for whatever reason it might be they don't answer, I'm trying to not help you directly - but maybe some aid, so you can help yourself ..

There is a couple if interesting sites you may or may not know - that should give you some answers to your questions ..

http://courseplay.github.io/courseplay/

https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay

I'm really hoping the answers is to be found in one of the two sites ..

Sorry for not being able to help you more - but I've never used courseplay, so it's the best I can do ..

Regards - Tom Cat

Its fine, much asppreciate your reply, Yes I could ask on GitHub, but thats mostly to do with issues,  but mine isnt a issue, its knowing how to set up things.  But I will ask  at GitHub see what they can do. btw the 1st link you posted is for FS17  not FS19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWnNAWv_wbc

its plenty of videos on Courseplay on youtube, but this should help you out...

Yes I have looked at lots of videos on youtube, but cant seem to find none for reversing for FS19. But will keep looking

thank you for replying its most appreciated

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 08:44:42 AM »
Its fine, much asppreciate your reply, Yes I could ask on GitHub, but thats mostly to do with issues,  but mine isnt a issue, its knowing how to set up things.  But I will ask  at GitHub see what they can do. btw the 1st link you posted is for FS17  not FS19

Yes, I know it's for FS17 - But I don't think they totally overhauled the key controls, when they upgraded from FS17 to FS19 .. Actually this manual is what you get, if you follow the link in the FS19 readme on GitHub .. So ..

And yes, you could always ask - but I was rather thinking, that there could be some sort of key control fact sheet, or guidance hidden in one of the files .. Sometimes there are ..

And you are very welcome .. Thanks for appreciating ..

Regards - Tom Cat

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 10:55:36 AM »
Yes, I know it's for FS17 - But I don't think they totally overhauled the key controls, when they upgraded from FS17 to FS19 .. Actually this manual is what you get, if you follow the link in the FS19 readme on GitHub .. So ..

And yes, you could always ask - but I was rather thinking, that there could be some sort of key control fact sheet, or guidance hidden in one of the files .. Sometimes there are ..

And you are very welcome .. Thanks for appreciating ..

Regards - Tom Cat
I think this one of the issues that getting away from hosting mods on forums. It is hard to find support and help
with issues of mods.
 I only use course play for my spraying , lime ,  and certain other field work. I have no idea how the rest of the course play options work. Hence I have not been able to help with the issue in question.
 As has been being discussed in the FS-UK shut down topic  a lot of mods are on face book or other sites where it is difficult to get any help.
  Sorry this off topic of the discussion.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 01:08:56 PM »
I think this one of the issues that getting away from hosting mods on forums. It is hard to find support and help
with issues of mods.
 I only use course play for my spraying , lime ,  and certain other field work. I have no idea how the rest of the course play options work. Hence I have not been able to help with the issue in question.
 As has been being discussed in the FS-UK shut down topic  a lot of mods are on face book or other sites where it is difficult to get any help.

Okay ..

It's off topic, but this post need an answer ..

We can't know all there is to know about this game, and know everything about all the mods published ..  But - - - - what we can do, is to use all the knowledge we acquired, when we pursued problems we had in the past, and solved by being persistent ..

Many of us played this game since the 09 edition (I've just started for real with FS13) and over the years we tought ourselves to find solutions, that was not always easily found - I can remember a few times, where the search went on for days, before the solution popped up in a dark and dusty corner of a forgotten site ..

This is how we help each other - sometimes it quite easy, sometimes it's very difficult ..

Now back to the problem ..

There shouldn't be anything special about reversing and dump a load in a silo - it's rather clearly described in the manual (FS17) that also covers FS19 edition :

https://courseplay.github.io/courseplay/en/manual/index.html#reverseDriving

If you fulfilled the rest of the setup for a course, it should work ..

Tom Cat

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 05:55:32 PM »

Offline slickerman (OP)

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 05:46:08 AM »
with issues of mods.

Hi firstly many thanks for replying and helping, its most appreciated believe me,  as like you said   
  It is hard to find support and help
with issues of mods. 

Im afraid the new web site replacing  FSUK  is all for children to just play and show off there fam pictures, no help at all for anyone.  I only go there about once every 2 weeks maybe longer, as what ever question I ask not 1 person will help. all they seem to do is post pictures.

Anyway back to my question  I only use AutoDrive to make routes on road not CP I just use CP for working on the fields. But now AD  is combined with CP  we can merge them now.   so I have a tractor and trailer with grass going from field to cows bunker, which was made with AutoDrive not Course Play. when i reach cows place, I then just set up a small reversing route with Courseplay.  But then I need tractor+trailer to go back to field. after its tipped but it dont. as I think you can only have 2 combined courses in CP.  unless I am wrong.  I have tried loading in CP the 1st route from field (AD) to cows place, then 2nd route which is done by (CP) I load which is obvious the reverse into bunker. it all seems to work fine but if I also add after reverse route the return route from AD back to field. its then 3 combined course which dont seem to work

Yes its very hard now to get help on things. I was hoping there would be a CP editor by now but it seems not

Okay ..

It's off topic, but this post need an answer ..

We can't know all there is to know about this game, and know everything about all the mods published ..  But - - - - what we can do, is to use all the knowledge we acquired, when we pursued problems we had in the past, and solved by being persistent ..

Many of us played this game since the 09 edition (I've just started for real with FS13) and over the years we tought ourselves to find solutions, that was not always easily found - I can remember a few times, where the search went on for days, before the solution popped up in a dark and dusty corner of a forgotten site ..

This is how we help each other - sometimes it quite easy, sometimes it's very difficult ..

Now back to the problem ..

There shouldn't be anything special about reversing and dump a load in a silo - it's rather clearly described in the manual (FS17) that also covers FS19 edition :

https://courseplay.github.io/courseplay/en/manual/index.html#reverseDriving

If you fulfilled the rest of the setup for a course, it should work ..

Tom Cat

Yes I am studying fs17 Courseplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEe1TdmUcPg

Thank you very much for this, it has helped loads.  I have made a reversing route in CP into a shed to park a tractor and trailer.  I only use the tractor on its own to record reverse route, go right back to the wall, like videos have said, but when it reverses with trailer attached. it dont go right back to the wall it stops a good way from the wall

Offline mike33s

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 10:37:39 AM »
Hi firstly many thanks for replying and helping, its most appreciated believe me,  as like you said   
Im afraid the new web site replacing  FSUK  is all for children to just play and show off there fam pictures, no help at all for anyone.  I only go there about once every 2 weeks maybe longer, as what ever question I ask not 1 person will help. all they seem to do is post pictures.

Anyway back to my question  I only use AutoDrive to make routes on road not CP I just use CP for working on the fields. But now AD  is combined with CP  we can merge them now.   so I have a tractor and trailer with grass going from field to cows bunker, which was made with AutoDrive not Course Play. when i reach cows place, I then just set up a small reversing route with Courseplay.  But then I need tractor+trailer to go back to field. after its tipped but it dont. as I think you can only have 2 combined courses in CP.  unless I am wrong.  I have tried loading in CP the 1st route from field (AD) to cows place, then 2nd route which is done by (CP) I load which is obvious the reverse into bunker. it all seems to work fine but if I also add after reverse route the return route from AD back to field. its then 3 combined course which dont seem to work

Yes its very hard now to get help on things. I was hoping there would be a CP editor by now but it seems not

Yes I am studying fs17 Courseplay

Thank you very much for this, it has helped loads.  I have made a reversing route in CP into a shed to park a tractor and trailer.  I only use the tractor on its own to record reverse route, go right back to the wall, like videos have said, but when it reverses with trailer attached. it dont go right back to the wall it stops a good way from the wall

I've only used reversing operations in FS17 with courseplay.  Ian Robson had several video how-to's on courseplay and one specifically for FS17 courseplay and reversing (not sure if that is what was linked previously as I cannot check it).  I'm not 100% sure how courseplay and AD work together in FS19.  I typically use AD to do my road work and courseplay to do my field work.  I have used a courseplay course combined with an AD route for dumping into a silage fermenter, but I never had to setup reversing.  Two keys that I remember with reversing courses from 2017 were:
- make sure you stop and change direction on the courseplay HUD before reversing
- regarding position of dump - you can try altering the vertical offset for the tractor / trailer combo in the courseplay HUD or you can record the course again with the tractor + trailer. 

The following users thanked this post: slickerman, Tom Cat

Offline slickerman (OP)

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 03:24:46 AM »
I've only used reversing operations in FS17 with courseplay.  Ian Robson had several video how-to's on courseplay and one specifically for FS17 courseplay and reversing (not sure if that is what was linked previously as I cannot check it).  I'm not 100% sure how courseplay and AD work together in FS19.  I typically use AD to do my road work and courseplay to do my field work.  I have used a courseplay course combined with an AD route for dumping into a silage fermenter, but I never had to setup reversing.  Two keys that I remember with reversing courses from 2017 were:
- make sure you stop and change direction on the courseplay HUD before reversing
- regarding position of dump - you can try altering the vertical offset for the tractor / trailer combo in the courseplay HUD or you can record the course again with the tractor + trailer.

Hi mike33s  many thanks for helping me. I can do the reverse now, but its trying to add the 3rd route in CP back to field as 1st route is field to cows bunker, 2nd is reverse into bunker unload etc.  but if i say back to field again thats 3 combined courses, which seems cant be done