American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

July 06, 2020, 01:02:06 PM

Author Topic: Midwest Horizon (Season Ready)  (Read 11709 times)

Offline MikeLowery (OP)

Re: Midwest Horizon (Season Ready)
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2019, 12:18:17 AM »
Now you tell me. I already did the extremely labor intensive task of fixing it and find that you're doing it for me.  *facepalm* By the way what did you do with all of the extra trees?

lol man they were annoying..  so i bought the biggest dozer i could find and got rid of them lol.. some survived.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 12:22:27 AM by MikeLowery »

The following users thanked this post: GIGroundNPound

Offline pepite

• Rookie
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2019, 08:23:27 AM »
hello can we play   because I cant go in the design  :D :D

Offline MikeLowery (OP)

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2019, 09:03:00 PM »
ok need to know if anyone is having issue with machine spreading fertilizer. It was brought to my attention from one of my good friends that they spread white like snow.  is anyone else having this issue? I trying to figure it out but cannot at the moment it have me stumped.. any help would be great..

Offline MountainDue

• Rookie
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2019, 02:58:02 PM »
well I can confirm I have problems with the fertilizer spreader too. Here is a small video I did. It looks to me like the opacity is not working correctly or could be the particle system,, Im not sure how giants did that. I will try lime next and a different spread just to make sure its not my modded truck.  All I know is I really like the map being I have been a farmer all my life and living in Ohio :)   I will do my best to try and figure out this problem.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Igdvb5wTk

Offline jrbuggs

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2019, 03:34:55 PM »
Yep i got the same on my game with fertilizer an lime.

Offline MikeLowery (OP)

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2019, 07:57:07 PM »
here is the fix for the white texture.. Let me know if this works. i did it to the same map you guys have and it works for me..

<seasons>
        <mask filename="maps/mapDE/seasonsMask.grle" />
    </seasons>

The following users thanked this post: Michigan Farmer

Offline Rhoadesy_65

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2019, 06:58:54 PM »
having some issues with bales. First off the clover when you mow it nothing happens. Secondly the alfalfa doesn't follow seasons at all. it only dries when to ted it. Then when you bale it with a big baler small squares come out, and with a round baler massive round bales come out. I tested baling straw and it worked fine.

Offline KrUsHeR

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2019, 07:22:41 PM »
I can get the map loaded and it looks great, but I don't have any sell point at all. I can drive around and see where there would definitely be a sell point, but there is nothing on the map or in the economy tab. Am I doing something wrong? Great looking map btw. I think I will enjoy it if I can figure out what's going on here.

Offline MikeLowery (OP)

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2019, 08:17:43 PM »
I can get the map loaded and it looks great, but I don't have any sell point at all. I can drive around and see where there would definitely be a sell point, but there is nothing on the map or in the economy tab. Am I doing something wrong? Great looking map btw. I think I will enjoy it if I can figure out what's going on here.

they are there one is by the store for cotton, grain is right by the gas station.. another one is on the other end of the map..

Offline KrUsHeR

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2019, 10:36:10 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/AURFaly.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here...there's no sell point for any type of crop

Offline pio48

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2019, 11:09:41 PM »
There's no selling points for me either.

Offline craymer

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2019, 05:34:06 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/AURFaly.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here...there's no sell point for any type of crop

I had the same problem. Turned out that the file name of the map caused the problem. Just rename the file to FS19_MidwestHorizon.zip and start a new savegame. You should be fine then.

The following users thanked this post: MikeLowery, KrUsHeR

Offline KrUsHeR

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2019, 08:54:37 PM »
That got it working. Tyvm craymer.

Offline craymer

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2019, 03:07:28 PM »
Just wondering... is it possible that somehow the versions got mixed up? The current one to download has no painted season mask and the trees are back.

Offline pio48

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2019, 05:36:53 PM »
Is everything working properly on this map? Especially seasons? I want to make sure before I start a save.

Offline Looaaddiing

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2019, 07:38:54 PM »
I think the link to download the map is no good. No sell points in the map so just a head up and hopefully it gets corrected

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2019, 07:50:12 PM »
I think the link to download the map is no good. No sell points in the map so just a head up and hopefully it gets corrected
Try what the link above suggested.
Code: [Select]
I had the same problem. Turned out that the file name of the map caused the problem. Just rename the file to FS19_MidwestHorizon.zip and start a new savegame. You should be fine then.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

The following users thanked this post: Looaaddiing

Offline pio48

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2019, 09:54:15 PM »
I still have the problem where I have no sell points.

Edit: Never mind I got it. I don't want to start a new save but it's making me. Anyway I can use my older save?

Post Merge: November 02, 2019, 11:34:44 PM
You would think you guys would test these things before releasing the map so we don't have problems like this. Not having sell points and then having to restart your save sucks.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 11:50:44 PM by pio48 »

Offline PEIfarmer

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2019, 12:11:50 PM »
Renaming the file name doesn't work for me. It removes the map from the list of maps to chose from. only problem so far is still no sell points

Offline Looaaddiing

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2019, 02:47:41 PM »
Renaming the file name doesn't work for me. It removes the map from the list of maps to chose from. only problem so far is still no sell points

rename it to FS19_MidwestHorizon

without the .zip at end so it worked for me

Offline PEIfarmer

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2019, 06:30:41 PM »
that worked thanks

Offline Crazysonoran

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2019, 11:47:35 AM »
lol man they were annoying..  so i bought the biggest dozer i could find and got rid of them lol.. some survived.

First off I'd like to tell you I love this map. Well about 90% of it actually. Awesome mix of mostly square fields on a relatively flat map.

Only real beef with this is a lot of the red buildings cant be used due to stuff being built in them (note one of many examples the red building east of field 116)?

I have a personal version of this map where I removed all of the buildings and fences from the starter farm area, lets me place what I want to run my farm, and removed about 98% of the tree groves around the map. So I can combine some fields (my favorite is a combination of 108, 109, the bottom of 110, 35, 32 and 31) Now if I could just figure out a way to swap the trees out easily I'd do that on this seasons version for my own use.

Post Merge: November 04, 2019, 12:31:26 PM
Just wondering... is it possible that somehow the versions got mixed up? The current one to download has no painted season mask and the trees are back.

When I go to start a game on the map with the above link it still shows as 1.1.0 but is Seasons, havent seen the mask though and trees are all over the place, so as Craymer says, is there an swapped download file?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 12:31:26 PM by Crazysonoran »

Offline pio48

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2019, 08:12:33 PM »
First off I'd like to tell you I love this map. Well about 90% of it actually. Awesome mix of mostly square fields on a relatively flat map.

Only real beef with this is a lot of the red buildings cant be used due to stuff being built in them (note one of many examples the red building east of field 116)?

I have a personal version of this map where I removed all of the buildings and fences from the starter farm area, lets me place what I want to run my farm, and removed about 98% of the tree groves around the map. So I can combine some fields (my favorite is a combination of 108, 109, the bottom of 110, 35, 32 and 31) Now if I could just figure out a way to swap the trees out easily I'd do that on this seasons version for my own use.

Post Merge: November 04, 2019, 12:31:26 PM
When I go to start a game on the map with the above link it still shows as 1.1.0 but is Seasons, havent seen the mask though and trees are all over the place, so as Craymer says, is there an swapped download file?

What do you mean by trees all over the place?

Offline hockeyman

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2019, 10:20:09 PM »
here is the fix for the white texture.. Let me know if this works. i did it to the same map you guys have and it works for me..

<seasons>
        <mask filename="maps/mapDE/seasonsMask.grle" />
    </seasons>

Is this the fix for the white texture when spreading?  I add this and it didnt fix it

Offline Crazysonoran

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2019, 11:05:52 PM »
What do you mean by trees all over the place?

All of the trees Mike Lowery claimed to bulldoze... They are all still there.