American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

December 09, 2019, 01:20:07 AM

Author Topic: FS-UK NEWS  (Read 797 times)

Offline MikeLowery

Re: FS-UK NEWS
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2019, 05:54:43 PM »
The issue with find a mod topic is how are you going to keep the link active. What if the site hosting it close or they take it down. Now the mod is gone. Its not on our site to host. I was just looking thru the find a mod section and some of the links are not working any more. That is the problem i don't won't to have. I will have to go and clean that stuff up... That is just one issue i saw.

mike

Online AlbertL (OP)

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2019, 10:36:39 PM »
The issue with find a mod topic is how are you going to keep the link active. What if the site hosting it close or they take it down. Now the mod is gone. Its not on our site to host. I was just looking thru the find a mod section and some of the links are not working any more. That is the problem i don't won't to have. I will have to go and clean that stuff up... That is just one issue i saw.

mike
That has been a major problem on other sights as well when attempting to honor creators respect/wishes to use original links extra.
But then that is the issue isn't.
How the * do we be fair, and yet get as much content out as far as we can to the WHOLE community without pissing off half of that same community???
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2019, 11:02:04 PM »
put the mod on the site and then in the support topic have a link back to the original mod.. that is what i do when i bring someone mod here.

for example here is one i uploaded a tractor...

http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?topic=15022

The following users thanked this post: AlbertL

Online AlbertL (OP)

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2019, 04:10:34 AM »
put the mod on the site and then in the support topic have a link back to the original mod.. that is what i do when i bring someone mod here.

Then wouldn't your testers have to download both the uploaded/and original link to make sure the uploaded one was in fact UNALTERED/edited?
Sounds like more work for all of you.
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline Ag Hauler

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2019, 09:57:57 AM »
I just went through the Found a Map section. There are 4 links that appear to no longer be active for one reason or another. I still think that this is the way to do it. As far as testing goes. Why do we need to test stuff that isn't uploaded here to begin with? If whoever posts the original link does any kind of a review at all you will have a general idea if it will work or not. All of the links in this section are to things on other sites. We don't necessarily need to put the actual downloads here. Just a link to where they are with their own support topic or lack thereof. As far as the broken link issue. Put a note at the bottom of the rules. If someone posts a link that goes dead, PM me and I'll send the original poster a message where they can fix the link or take it down. At least one of the links in the Found a Map section is dead because the original poster moved it from his Facebook page to here after I contacted him. The idea that I think we are trying to get accomplished here is to get more traffic flowing through here and as a result get more helpful people. I don't think that we're wanting to upload everything here, just become the go to place for everyone.

The following users thanked this post: Tom Cat

Online AlbertL (OP)

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2019, 05:16:26 PM »
I still think that this is the way to do it. As far as testing goes.
I was replying to Mikes suggestion,

where he kept the original link, but also uploaded it on AEM.

Having only quality mods, edits. While not being to overly critical was one of our best services.
Downloading a mod from here, you never had to question weather or not it was a authorized edit or that it was properly converted.
I mean modhub has stuff that barely changes the version number, loaded with texture, shaders errors. Many even with the OLD light scripts from 2011.

Here you NEW that the mod would be free of log errors, and free from spam, malware extra. Cause everything uploaded here is tested, and is required to meet our reasonable standards.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »
Hmmm ..

While some are micro-debating pro and cons about hosting links to maps and mods, others engage us in the help department .. I'm not the only one (fortunately, as many of my answers are qualified guesses, submitted after I downloaded and looked into peoples maps/mods issues) and a great thanks to everyone who participates ..

I'm not sure if this is making any differences yet, but it looks like new people are asking questions, and new people are answering .. Maybe this is a kind of snowball effect - if people gets answers, they are inclined to ask again, or maybe wants to help others ..

It is not always necessary to know the exact answer - sometimes it's enough to guide a little bit .. A little help is better than the sound of silence ..

Tom Cat

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 04:06:03 PM by Tom Cat »
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

The following users thanked this post: MikeLowery, AlbertL

Online AlbertL (OP)

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2019, 06:47:53 AM »
Hmmm ..

While some are micro-debating pro and cons about hosting links to maps and mods, others engage us in the help department .. I'm not the only one (fortunately, as many of my answers are qualified guesses, submitted after I downloaded and looked into peoples maps/mods issues) and a great thanks to everyone who participates ..

I'm not sure if this is making any differences yet, but it looks like new people are asking questions, and new people are answering .. Maybe this is a kind of snowball effect - if people gets answers, they are inclined to ask again, or maybe wants to help others ..

It is not always necessary to know the exact answer - sometimes it's enough to guide a little bit .. A little help is better than the sound of silence ..

Tom Cat

For the most part, in all reality that is ALL any of us do.
From the day the new game comes out, it is learn as you go....
Especially until the scripts get released, it is 100% guess work until we are able to read the new lua files for the base scripts.

That said, I did my very best to pass forward what I learned from Big C, xentro, and MANY others out. I did my best to try to teach to teach others to NOT JUST edit, build for yourself, to make your stuff compatible, but to instead work with others to maintain a reasonable standard so that mods from me are compatible in weight, scale, attacker type ratio xyz extra. one of our easy, quick fixes for physics problems was to increase the density to 150 ish....
But then that tractor was to heavy to be held up by the bridge collisions, or would require a 100,000 hp truck, with a mega trailer to haul it around.
That's when some of the best out there thought me about collision masking, density, and how that translate to scaled weight .

[mod would of weighed about 800,000 lbs.. average excavator is 80-150lbs witch is about 15-30 density with 2002 collision mask and 802102 for the bucket alone.]
the add break and down force in the XML.

Anyway, I ran across a couple maps I though where ASSUME, and thought I would test the system out.
The first is,
NEBRASKA LANDS USA 4X
And
Emerald Coast V3

Both have the fs19 Dynamic Mud, plus a lot more really cool *.
Both have been shared and awaiting approval from testers and the admin staff.

I hope that what I did can be used as a example, of both what to do as well as pointing out any differences/changes the staff would -prefer.

Some tune-age for your gaming pleasure....

Offline Ag Hauler

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2019, 08:59:47 AM »
Nebraska Land is posted in the Found A Map section and has been for a few days. Emerald Coast was posted there but I removed it due to the link being dead. If you can direct me to a new link I will look it up again.

Online AlbertL (OP)

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2019, 09:46:32 AM »
Nebraska Land is posted in the Found A Map section and has been for a few days. Emerald Coast was posted there but I removed it due to the link being dead. If you can direct me to a new link I will look it up again.
Cheek then "pending" download section.

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2019, 10:47:03 AM »
Thanks albert.

The following users thanked this post: AlbertL

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2019, 05:37:33 PM »
Okay ..

I can see that the ambition of adding maps to the "found a map" section is well underway .. So far so good ..

Now, are there any more tricks in the bag, or are we contend with how things are developing ? .. A bit more life in the forum has also been noticed ..

I'm just asking - no other thoughts behind the question ..

We got a few promotions - congratulations to AG Hauler and JohnDeere1952 - well deserved ..

Tom Cat
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

The following users thanked this post: Ag Hauler, JohnDeere1952