American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 17, 2019, 09:12:44 AM

Author Topic: County Line FS19  (Read 3105 times)

jm44807 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Mavric

• Rookie
Re: County Line FS19
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2019, 05:07:40 PM »
Absolutely love this map. Enough to make this my first post lol. In any case, just confirming the micro-stuttering and freezing using Courseplay. I read through the thread and understand OP is working on it, and I thank you very much for that. May hold off until an update comes our way. In any case, great job!

RTX 2070, i7-5930X, 16gb DDR4

Offline KYHardHead

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 10:58:21 AM »
ok i been tinkering with the map a little ingame and in GE but since i like to use my own grainbins and farmhouse i tried removing the ones on the main farm in GE but it always cause game completely close when i load into the map without any error i checked the log over dozen times and there was no error posted in log that could cause this, so is there a way i can fix it to where i can use my own bin and game not close out in the middle of it loading the map?

Offline jb3pc4sale

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Another day another dollar
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2019, 03:42:25 PM »
I have not played the map yet. Take a look at the mapDE_items.xml and see what items you deleted and remove them from the xml so the map load. You will need to remove the entry in the the modDesc too.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 04:17:22 PM by jb3pc4sale »

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2019, 10:16:35 PM »
Ok guys quick update-

Thanks to a couple developers in the community, I'm well into the first of hopefully not many post release patches. Thanks to Txzar, I got the Courseplay bug regarding Mode 2 Combine Unloading fixed. It's hard to tell if the FPS stutters are still there when combining, but I've never been able to hold a consistent 60fps on my 970GTX rig anyway so I'll let some of you running those big money graphics cards fill me in on that.

As mentioned above the train is running. I'm in the works with a Giants developer on their forum about getting the railroad crossing script converted. We made a bit of progress but still can't quite get the crossbars to function like they should. Hopefully just a couple more days with that. I know nothing about scripting so I'm relying on his generosity to get the script functioning. If anyone's an expert in that field, feel free to shoot me a message. I have a 90mb test map if you want to take a whack at it.

I also tweaked the grain bin textures to be more metal-like, water textures changed, fields smoothed out more, and just a couple random collision and object placement anomalies fixed.

I'm getting some feedback on the terrain drop off on the sides of the roads and I'm trying to think of a simple way to tackle this. Since the roads are not flat everywhere, using the terrain replace tool will not work on the uphill/downhill portions. The only way I can tell is to manually edit the terrain along the entire length of the road which is extremely time consuming, as there are miles of road to cover. If anyway knows of a lifehack to bring the terrain up to the edges of the asphalt, I'm all ears.

Also with the exciting news that Seasons is coming this month, I will get cracking right away on getting this sucker compatible. Then I might be able to take a break and play this game a bit.  ;D

The following users thanked this post: DzInLa, j1238, kakaka, uicboi, xXMastaJollyXx, Mavric

Offline Farmerjed

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2019, 10:55:19 PM »
Thanks for all of your time and effort on this map.  It is a lot of fun to play.

Offline KYHardHead

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2019, 01:42:02 PM »
I have not played the map yet. Take a look at the mapDE_items.xml and see what items you deleted and remove them from the xml so the map load. You will need to remove the entry in the the modDesc too.

problem is, i believe when i took the grain bins on the main farm out, it somehow corrupted the i3d, because did as you said but after i take the grain bins out of the map on the main farm and save and quit if i try to reopen the i3d in giants it also does the same there

Offline miketeg

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2019, 07:56:42 PM »
Thanks for this map, i have not played a lot, but I will.

Two little things

1 : All water pud on the map is black...looks like a shader issue
2 : Issue with courseplay using an overloader. Freeze everytime. I was able to have it working on another maps.

Thanks again, keep up the good work

Offline Mavric

• Rookie
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 09:51:18 PM »
I have a 2070, so I can usually push this game well beyond Very High and still keep a stable 60fps. My problem was that when using Courseplay, when it was switching scripts, it caused the game to freeze up for about 15 seconds to the point where I thought it was going to crash, but then it recovers. I've not experienced that on any other 4x map, and I honestly don't know what would be causing something like that.

Also with the exciting news that Seasons is coming this month, I will get cracking right away on getting this sucker compatible. Then I might be able to take a break and play this game a bit.  ;D

Seasons will be great. Make sure you pause map development and play the game for a bit! It's good for the soul and you won't get burnt out. We are all patient (hopefully).

Offline george3gaming

• Rookie
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2019, 08:59:02 PM »
Hi I am new to AEM and I just downloaded the county line map. I read the REAME.txt, My issue is when I start the game I go to a blank save game, county line is and option, I choose it, but when I press enter after it starts loading all it says:"The game is paused." the screen freezes, all I am able to do is press 'esc'. when I press test all that happens is I see an overview of the map and no buttons work, so I need to force quit FS 19 and re boot it. Please help, I have heard and seen good things about the map I just wish I could resolve the issue

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2019, 01:38:03 PM »
Hi I am new to AEM and I just downloaded the county line map. I read the REAME.txt, My issue is when I start the game I go to a blank save game, county line is and option, I choose it, but when I press enter after it starts loading all it says:"The game is paused." the screen freezes, all I am able to do is press 'esc'. when I press test all that happens is I see an overview of the map and no buttons work, so I need to force quit FS 19 and re boot it. Please help, I have heard and seen good things about the map I just wish I could resolve the issue

Try and move all your mods out of the mod folder and try to load it again. You may have a mod corrupting your game.

The following users thanked this post: george3gaming

Offline Totenfarmer

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 11:44:44 AM »
Could that be why there is that stuttering issue on your map but not theirs?  Midwest Horizon gets it's foliage texture files from its own folder, while your map is getting them from the actual game files. Perhaps something there is what is causing the issue. In the past games this wasn't an issue and everything was contained in the same folder as mod maps but they changed that in 19 and perhaps it is now causing problems with 4x maps.

So, the "micro stutter", I don't have it on any maps, I'm running a GTX980 and Intel i7, could it be hardware related ?  The only time I have experienced stutter either in sp or mp is when I had the game shadow settings set to 10, which is the maximum, when I put it back down to 7 the game was running smooth again.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:05:06 PM by Totenfarmer »

Offline uicboi

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2019, 02:47:40 PM »
The studder in this map is coming from the weight files being resized in the maps-map folder, I have read of this in several map makers post's. One example is here in Stevie's new mapping blogs...
https://www.facebook.com/StevieFSMods/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

Offline The_Terraformer

• Rookie
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2019, 11:22:31 PM »
Only been playing the map for a few hours and still getting set up but just wanted to drop in and thank you for an awesome map.
Looking forward to any updates but 10/10 so far.
Thanks again.  (y)

Offline armyairborne82

• Rookie
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »
Do you guys plan on updating County Line 19 for seasons mod when it is released

Really enjoy this map by the way

Offline Rbk_3

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2019, 08:48:57 AM »
The studder in this map is coming from the weight files being resized in the maps-map folder, I have read of this in several map makers post's. One example is here in Stevie's new mapping blogs...
https://www.facebook.com/StevieFSMods/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

I have a 1080ti and 9600k ocd to 5.2. Definitely not a hardware issue. My GPU is only running at about 50% at 4k

Offline jujulililolo

• Rookie
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2019, 07:47:25 PM »
having issues when downloading the map i tried downloading more then once and still having the same issues i cant see any of the sells trigger and when i open the developer tool i see a lot of errors saying "Error:failed to open xml file countyline season"

Offline hoot

• Eagles Club
  • If it's stupid but works, it ain't stupid.
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2019, 09:21:45 PM »
having issues when downloading the map i tried downloading more then once and still having the same issues i cant see any of the sells trigger and when i open the developer tool i see a lot of errors saying "Error:failed to open xml file countyline season"
Hi, if the map's zip file has been renamed that will happen.  Check in the file defaultItems.xml and for the selling station items the path will show the correct name.

Offline TheSkyProd

Tree texture bug. Is it only me? [County Line]
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2019, 08:39:06 AM »
Could it be a mod on my side causing conflict or is it a known issue? Thanks for any help

Edit : These are the trees from the map, not placeables

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 11:58:43 AM by TheSkyProd »

Offline Procobator

Re: Tree texture bug. Is it only me? [County Line]
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2019, 09:47:04 AM »
The tree model is not compatible with the seasons version you are using.

Offline TheSkyProd

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2019, 11:57:24 AM »
But these are the Trees from the map itself. Isn't it like that for everyone? I downloaded the map from here as well

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2019, 12:52:13 PM »
You're not using the right version of the map.  Try the Seasons version.

http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1788

Offline TheSkyProd

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2019, 01:42:04 PM »
Right on! Thank you