American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

July 06, 2020, 11:50:11 AM

Author Topic: County Line FS19  (Read 9073 times)

Offline abright12 (OP)

Re: County Line FS19
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2019, 08:40:46 AM »
I downloaded county line seasons and my game is stuttering like crazy especially in 1st person. The stuttering is even worse when I'm working on a field. Anyone else have this problem how can I fix this? I've been playing on Midwest Horizon and I have no lag at all but this map runs terribly.

Its a demanding map on a poorly optimized game engine. There are many more custom scenery objects on County Line as compared to MH which tax the game engine.

Offline pio48

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2019, 05:37:59 PM »
Why does it get a lot worse while working on fields though?

Post Merge: October 30, 2019, 06:26:58 PM
I don't have stutter or lag. I only get it when I work on fields.

Post Merge: November 01, 2019, 04:22:56 PM
Is there anyway to fix the stuttering while doing field work?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 04:22:56 PM by pio48 »

Offline JD7950i

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2019, 10:15:52 AM »
Field 29 has an issue when you accept a contract, its gets to 80% and says %NAN%.  I don't think that field was setup for contracts

Offline Crazysonoran

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2019, 12:00:39 PM »
I noticed the train arms are working, however I stumbled upon an issue when letting courseplay run trucks back and forth from the cattle farm to the animal dealer. I have to set a pause location at the point back a little ways from where normal people stop at the tracks or the game locks up if there is a train until I click 'Stop Driver'. Once the train clears I can tell the drive to continue and it works fine. I tested on one of the base game maps and without the pause CP will stop your vehicle and wait for trains like it should.

Offline johnb32xq

• Rookie
  • From Nova Scotia workin in the wild west
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2019, 08:16:41 PM »
Has anyone figured away to fix the fps drop at the main farm its doing my head in, i can look at field 15 and i get like 90fps then i look at the shed next to house it drops to like 20fps
Im known as Ford3600 from FS-UK

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/johnb32xq

Offline Elite82pt

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2020, 03:27:53 PM »
Ok guys quick update-

Thanks to a couple developers in the community, I'm well into the first of hopefully not many post release patches. Thanks to Txzar, I got the Courseplay bug regarding Mode 2 Combine Unloading fixed. It's hard to tell if the FPS stutters are still there when combining, but I've never been able to hold a consistent 60fps on my 970GTX rig anyway so I'll let some of you running those big money graphics cards fill me in on that.

As mentioned above the train is running. I'm in the works with a Giants developer on their forum about getting the railroad crossing script converted. We made a bit of progress but still can't quite get the crossbars to function like they should. Hopefully just a couple more days with that. I know nothing about scripting so I'm relying on his generosity to get the script functioning. If anyone's an expert in that field, feel free to shoot me a message. I have a 90mb test map if you want to take a whack at it.

I also tweaked the grain bin textures to be more metal-like, water textures changed, fields smoothed out more, and just a couple random collision and object placement anomalies fixed.

I'm getting some feedback on the terrain drop off on the sides of the roads and I'm trying to think of a simple way to tackle this. Since the roads are not flat everywhere, using the terrain replace tool will not work on the uphill/downhill portions. The only way I can tell is to manually edit the terrain along the entire length of the road which is extremely time consuming, as there are miles of road to cover. If anyway knows of a lifehack to bring the terrain up to the edges of the asphalt, I'm all ears.

Also with the exciting news that Seasons is coming this month, I will get cracking right away on getting this sucker compatible. Then I might be able to take a break and play this game a bit.  ;D

Sorry For bottering you...but I'm trying to fix a map that has the same issue you had with mode 2 of courseplay could explain me how did you manage your map to load the foliage folder in the zip file instead of the game foliage folder?

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2020, 08:08:22 AM »
You need to make a foliage folder in the map and copy the contents of the Giants foliage folder (or use custom ones) and change the file directory in the map .i3d file from the $data folder to your new folder you made.