American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

August 26, 2019, 01:00:12 AM

Author Topic: County Line FS19  (Read 2447 times)

Offline abright12 (OP)

County Line FS19
« on: July 03, 2019, 08:55:06 PM »
County Line FS19

http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1786

County Line FS19 by KS Mapping

A Midwestern USA 4x map, originally created by blueweb for FS15 and FS17.  This is essentially a recreation of the FS17 Seasons edit by Broncfan03.

The map features:
-Two towns, Moore and Burksville
-Starter farm with lots of grain and equipment storage
-Several sell points and fill triggers
-33 buyable crop fields, with sizes ranging from 13-200 acres
-Additional buyable grass pastures
-Animal farms with custom placeables
-Dedicated forestry area and sawmill
-Multi-terrain angle
-Functional contracts

Please read the ReadME.txt in the zip file for additional information regarding gameplay and field sizes.

Keep the original link when sharing, and do not upload to any other sites.

The following users thanked this post: kwcountry, Dirtracer00, slowboat, Tom Cat, uicboi, rk7639, GV_Farms, The_Terraformer

Offline Rbk_3

Re: County Line FS19
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 08:26:48 AM »
Excellent edit, this is one of the few 4X maps I have seen get the fruit density scaling right.

Only things i have seen in my first few minutes is thy I am getting some frame drops when harvesting that first wheat field near the main farm, but my GPU is only using like 50-60% (1080ti playing at 4K) so not sure whats going on.

Also I might delete the grain bins at the main farm and use a placeable. The ailiasing on them from a distance is very bad, likely because it is a really old model.

Post Merge: July 04, 2019, 11:30:26 AM

Here you can see my frame rate keeps fluctuating between 57-60 FPS causing major micro stutter

Others also having this issue.
https://forum.giants-software.com/viewtopic.php?f=963&t=148744&p=1155331#p1155331
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 11:30:26 AM by Rbk_3 »

The following users thanked this post: thatfarmguy

Offline Moltofill

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 03:05:10 AM »
Hi,

Patch 1.4
Patch 1.3

awesome map, but unfortunately with the known 4x map "field work micro stuttering" bug.

This happens when convert a FS15 or Fs17 4x map to FS 19.

I know only one 4x map without this annoying stuttering. That is txazr`s  4x Midwest Horizon map

Offline Rbk_3

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 06:49:41 AM »
Hi,

Patch 1.4
Patch 1.3

awesome map, but unfortunately with the known 4x map "field work micro stuttering" bug.

This happens when convert a FS15 or Fs17 4x map to FS 19.

I know only one 4x map without this annoying stuttering. That is txazr`s  4x Midwest Horizon map

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 09:35:59 AM »
I'll take a look at it and see if I can reverse engineer it. I know theres a bug related to "Error: No depth map available, but shape 'drivingDust' (emitter1Ref) with material 'fx_smoke01_mat' uses a custom shader which requires reading depth data.". This has been a 4x map issue discussed on the giants forum, and I'm wondering if that's what causing it as the combine creates smoke/dust? Of course on one of the threads Giants response was "Since it doesn't happen on our maps, this issue has been closed."  ::)

Offline Rbk_3

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 10:07:53 AM »
I'll take a look at it and see if I can reverse engineer it. I know theres a bug related to "Error: No depth map available, but shape 'drivingDust' (emitter1Ref) with material 'fx_smoke01_mat' uses a custom shader which requires reading depth data.". This has been a 4x map issue discussed on the giants forum, and I'm wondering if that's what causing it as the combine creates smoke/dust? Of course on one of the threads Giants response was "Since it doesn't happen on our maps, this issue has been closed."  ::)

Perhaps contact Txzar and CJW Modding and see if they know, as Midwest seems to be the only 4x without the issue,.

Offline Moltofill

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 10:28:59 AM »
micro stutters are always with field works, ploughing, planting,seeding ect.
It`s not only a combine issue.

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2019, 12:32:10 PM »
So I just tested midwest and I'm getting fps drops also. Tried changing my foliage draw distances in the game.xml and didn't seem to have an effect. I'm only running a 970 and I actually get temporary drops down to 30fps on both maps while running a harvester. Again it's only temporary and when I pan the camera around a bit it will go back up to 60fps. I was aware of this when testing and I attributed it to an issue on Giants side of things. If we can isolate it, I'd love to get it fixed up. If you guys notice anything on the forums, pass it along!

Offline Rbk_3

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 01:22:13 PM »
Quick Google search, this  came up on the Giants Developer Network

https://gdn.giants-software.com/thread.php?categoryId=4&threadId=6613

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 03:32:26 PM »
Looks like on that thread the guys resized their weight pngs to a smaller resolution. I'm not going to do that because it will make the terrain textures even more blocky than they already are.

Try turning off v-sync and see if that helps. It made a noticeable improvement on my rig.

OFF:

Here's the deal. FS19 and 4x maps don't play well together. This map has quite a few more custom objects than Midwest Horizon.  It's a demanding map, and to play on something of this size and complexity, some sacrifices are going to have to be made until Giants can optimize the engine for larger maps. Most of the models on the map are from FS15, converted to FS17, and then into FS19. They are probably less than optimized for the current game engine, LOD distances are off, etc.  There are a huge number of threads over at Giants of people having choppy gameplay and FPS drops. This map pushes the engine making the poor optimization even more apparent. Don't worry, if there is a clear proven fix that is map design related, I'll fix it. This map is my main, has always been my favorite.  I mainly built it for me and just felt like sharing it!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: GV_Farms

Offline majkello

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 04:09:06 PM »
I played on one x4 map without any problems with FPS. 1.3 GB so not small  :D https://www.modhoster.de/mods/valley-crest-farm-4fach
Take your time, we will wait  8) and your screenshots... just disable the adaptive vsync. this makes the game slow down to a stable 30, so that the player does not feel jumps from 60 to 40

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 04:30:09 PM »
By the way, look what works!

Just kidding. For kicks I thought I'd run the FS19 ship script, but what I figured would happen, did.

It draws the train as one object. A very straight and rigid object  ;D We need to get that train script converted to 19!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 06:12:37 AM »
Now

This might just save FS19 for me .. Got FS19 for Christmas 2018, and haven't played it for more than half an hour since I got it - Took a brief look at it then, and decided to go back to FS17..

Not only the graphics and gameplay that made me go back, but really the absence of mods and maps  ..

Now there is no excuse not to try again - County Line has always had that "feeling" that I really can't describe properly, of a virtual place on earth, where I would love to settle down .. I think those who agree, know what I mean ..

So I can't thank you enough - well done ..

And now let's play ..  :)

Tom Cat
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2019, 09:59:49 AM »

That's more like it! Thanks to Youtuber Farmer Klein for helping me source the converted Train script. Now I just need to try and get the crossing gates working.

Offline H8ggern

• Rookie
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 10:10:25 AM »
Has anybody else come across this error?

Error: addRequiredCropType foliage must match the size of the ground terrain detail.

Offline TKALMI

• Rookie
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 12:09:55 AM »
Has anybody else come across this error?

Error: addRequiredCropType foliage must match the size of the ground terrain detail.
im also having this same issue

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 08:47:16 AM »
It's a courseplay issue that pops up when using mode 2. I just tried using the Midwest Horizons custom foliage and it seemed to have fixed the problem but I need to play around with it more. I'll look into seeing if we can grace this map with those foliage files in the next release.

Offline Elite82pt

• Rookie
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 08:51:39 AM »
Hello Gamers!
I just started playing this map! Since I used to play it back in fs17.
I am having issues with CoursePlay when path fidding. I suffer major fps frezzes every time a tractor is called by the combine. Can this be a memory leak? I know that this doesn't happen with other 4x maps! Thank you

Offline emdsd90mac

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2019, 09:20:37 AM »
I would like to give a very big THANK YOU for bringing this map into '19, my favorite by far.  Great job!!!!

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2019, 09:29:05 AM »
Hello Gamers!
I just started playing this map! Since I used to play it back in fs17.
I am having issues with CoursePlay when path fidding. I suffer major fps frezzes every time a tractor is called by the combine. Can this be a memory leak? I know that this doesn't happen with other 4x maps! Thank you

The courseplay freezes are due to the error mentioned above.  Again I'm fairly certain I have a fix for it.

Offline Elite82pt

• Rookie
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2019, 09:45:03 AM »
The courseplay freezes are due to the error mentioned above.  Again I'm fairly certain I have a fix for it.

Thank you! I'm gonna wait than until an update!!

Offline Rbk_3

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2019, 05:01:17 PM »
It's a courseplay issue that pops up when using mode 2. I just tried using the Midwest Horizons custom foliage and it seemed to have fixed the problem but I need to play around with it more. I'll look into seeing if we can grace this map with those foliage files in the next release.

Could that be why there is that stuttering issue on your map but not theirs?  Midwest Horizon gets it's foliage texture files from its own folder, while your map is getting them from the actual game files. Perhaps something there is what is causing the issue. In the past games this wasn't an issue and everything was contained in the same folder as mod maps but they changed that in 19 and perhaps it is now causing problems with 4x maps.

Offline Snow

• Rookie
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2019, 09:40:48 PM »
Hi, i just installed this map it looks really neat. But the map is not showing up under the map of selection, i have put the file in documents/my games/FS19/mods and all that but it wont show up. Any ideas?

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2019, 11:37:11 PM »
Could that be why there is that stuttering issue on your map but not theirs?  Midwest Horizon gets it's foliage texture files from its own folder, while your map is getting them from the actual game files. Perhaps something there is what is causing the issue. In the past games this wasn't an issue and everything was contained in the same folder as mod maps but they changed that in 19 and perhaps it is now causing problems with 4x maps.

That very well could be the case. 

Hi, i just installed this map it looks really neat. But the map is not showing up under the map of selection, i have put the file in documents/my games/FS19/mods and all that but it wont show up. Any ideas?

Sounds like the map .zip isn't in your main mod directory.  Go to your mod folder and male sure the map .zip isn't in a subfolder

Online JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2019, 08:16:24 AM »
That very well could be the case. 

Sounds like the map .zip isn't in your main mod directory.  Go to your mod folder and male sure the map .zip isn't in a subfolder
If that does not work then remove all mods fro your folder and try with just County line in folder and post your log text.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14