American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

November 18, 2019, 02:15:13 PM

Author Topic: American wheel setup  (Read 247 times)

Offline Totenfarmer (OP)

American wheel setup
« on: June 23, 2019, 08:43:21 PM »
This might come as an odd question to many of you, but I'm not american that's why I  need to ask as I want to play my game with a certain realism.
The question is when do you use the different wheel setups, as a reference I'm using mods that I'm sure more of you are  familiar with, a lot of mods comes from KMN modding, Karl Farms, Custom modding etc., and they have several wheel setups, like 30' rowcrop duals, 36' duals, wide dual Firestones etc., when would you be using the different ones in real life, if you are familiar with these mods ( Case Magnums, JD 8R's and so  on), maybe you could use one of them as an example to help me out, the more information the better ?
Thanks in advance for any help :)

Offline SCHMIDTM

Re: American wheel setup
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 03:31:04 AM »
Well it all depends, what your doing.

Duals, are for more grip, if you cultivating, ploughing. And it also adds weight in the back and front "duals in the front", so it has grip.
Rowcrop duals are mostly used, when you spray, fertilize, and spread manure. So it doesn't really destroy the crop.
Duals can be used also in heavy transports of a grain, trailers, must say it should be big tractors.
Singles are mostly used when your implements arent that heavy to pull.

If anybody has more info, or that i said something wrong, then feel free to correct it.
But thats what i know, with helping out a farmer. In the early days of mine.
Don't worry, Just be Happy.