American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

June 19, 2019, 03:05:29 AM

Author Topic: Great Smoky Mountain Map FS19  (Read 252 times)

Offline Procobator (OP)

Great Smoky Mountain Map FS19
« on: June 12, 2019, 09:51:10 AM »
Great Smoky Mountain Map FS19

http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1784

Welcome to the Great Smoky Mountains!  an Original FS15 map created by Johndeere4255 and Vanilleeis set in the hilly foothills of the Tennessee Smoky Mountains. 

The terrain and layout of the map stayed primarily the same but that's where the similarities end.  I have completely and meticulously reworked  the map from the ground up for FS19.  It has has all the basic features and includes three locations to start your own little piece of heaven.  The fields are hilly and odd shaped, the hedgerows are narrow in order to squeeze every bit of farming real estate and all objects have collisions.  Its not a map for the faint of heart but for those of us that like a challenge its right up our alley.  I have added a significant amount of detail and tons of trees to feed your logging itch.

The map is about 95% complete but I will reserve any more work on it (barring no major bugs are discovered) until seasons comes out for 19.  Please report any issues you find.  I hope you enjoy this map as much as I enjoyed making it!  Take care and God bless!

Credits:
Johndeere4255
Vanilleeis
Giants
Robbie

Edit:  To turn shadows on you will have to replace the map i3d (mapDE.i3d) file with the one in the link here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1v_8Taitcru2SPpMnb_OuXKMPAL9vS8yg.  I will incorporate it into the next version once seasons comes along.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 03:56:41 PM by Procobator »

The following users thanked this post: hoot, Totenfarmer, Dirtracer00, slowboat

Offline Ag Hauler

Re: Great Smoky Mountain Map FS19
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 08:22:05 AM »
Thank You, This was my all time favorite map for 2015.

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 06:53:27 PM »
Wow!  You have added quite a bit of detail from the previous version.  Well done!  BTW, there is a discbine left out in the corner of field 11 instead of with the other machinery.  Don't know if this was intended or not.  We all know farmers never leave implements out in fields for years...or decades.

Offline Totenfarmer

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 09:37:35 PM »
Been playing this for some hours now, I rated it pretty high because it looked very nice at first glance, one of my all time favorite maps, but then I noticed there are no shadows on this map, not one object will cast shadows, not even the placeables I put in the map, do you happen to have a quick fix for this without you having to update the whole map ?

Offline Procobator (OP)

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 05:58:58 AM »
Thank you for your feedback! Shadows for objects such as foliage are based in the xml files.  I’ll take a look at it later today, it should be a fairly simple fix either way.

Edit:  I did not have the sun shadows turned on in the map i3d file.  To turn them on replace the mapDE.i3d file with the one found in the google drive link above (first post).  Map is still very much playable without the shadows and I will update it one seasons comes out.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 04:00:11 PM by Procobator »

The following users thanked this post: johndeere 4255

Offline johndeere 4255

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 12:59:31 PM »
You are an absolute legend!!! This map is awesome!!! Much better than it was!! Here's to finding my new map for a long time to come!!  ;D ;D ;D
 I LOVE the new roads your put in! Much more american than the tiny "paths" that were there before!!

1 Corinthians 2:2: For I determined to know nothing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified....we preach Christ crucified....AMEN!

The following users thanked this post: Dirtracer00, Procobator

Offline Procobator (OP)

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 09:26:27 AM »
Thanks for the kind words JohnDeere. I hope you get many hours of enjoyment out of it. I will be making updates to the map and adding some more details/tweaks once seasons is out.

The following users thanked this post: Dirtracer00