American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

September 19, 2019, 03:07:14 PM

Author Topic: County Line FS19  (Read 2396 times)

Offline abright12 (OP)

County Line FS19
« on: May 29, 2019, 01:44:58 PM »
Hi all,
I'm working on a conversion of County Line, a map made by blueweb with additional FS17 edits provided by Broncfan03.  County Line is a 4x map that was originally made for FS15, converted to FS17, and now coming up for 19. It resembles a generic Midwest farm with large fields and a couple small towns. I'm starting this thread for periodic updates as well as seeking support on various issues when they arise. Talking with blueweb, I also have free reign to adjust the map however fit to enhance playability in FS19. For now I'm trying to keep it faithful to the FS17 version but I'd love some community input on what they would like to see. This is my first map edit, so I've been learning a lot along the way. (ShyWizard on youtube is a god-great tutorials)

So far I have completed the fruit and density map, all objects imported and shaders updated, sell triggers, buyable fill triggers, buyable farmland. Contracts work, and once I update the transport locations, those should work also. Cow farm is functional and I have it setup as a placeable so all the triggers are in the original spot on the FS17 farm, and utilities the non place able buildings.  I plan on doing the same for the pig and sheep farms as well as the horse ranch. I also need to work on the BGA, which I plan on using the model from the Giants US map.

Lastly I just need to go throughout the map and correct small texture and grass foliage nuances, as well as detail (add shrubs, etc).

A couple of the potential big projects (unless I find a way to make the process simpler), are going to be the trees and the AI field edges. The trees are FS17 trees and I haven't found a way to simply replace them to FS19 trees, so I'm not sure if they are going to cause a performance hit or not but so far the map runs very very smooth, so I might leave them in.  The AI field edges, as there is currently no way to easily make curved edges, are quite blocky in some areas. It is going to be a daunting task to go through and manually smooth out every non straight edge on each field in GE. The cultivator density map is smoother so when the player uses courseplay or manually sows, the edges will be smooth.

Hopefully in about a week or two I can start getting a beta version out for play testing. There is a lot of ground to cover! Lastly, some previews.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:51:35 AM by abright12 »

The following users thanked this post: Ag Hauler, SCHMIDTM, homebuilder, slowboat, xXMastaJollyXx

Offline Broncfan03

Re: County Line FS19
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 11:52:20 PM »
Looking forward to seeing this for FS19.  I invested hundreds of hours into this map in FS17. 

By any chance, are you using my Seasons edit of County Line that is on this site?  I had gone through and fixed a lot of the issues on the map for the FS17 version, so I don't know if that'd transfer over to FS19 better, but wanted to let you know. 

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 09:49:18 AM »
Just read up on the FS17 thread and yes, this is your seasons edit that I'm piggybacking off of. I apologize, when I downloaded it I failed to notice you were the submitter. I'll add your name to the original post. Hopefully when seasons is released for FS19 this will still be compatible!

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 05:58:49 PM »
No worries on the credit.  I was more just wanting to make sure you weren't having to redo some of the work I had already done.  I will definitely be cheering you on with this conversion.  And I am also looking forward to having Seasons for FS19!

Offline abright12 (OP)

Updates
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 07:04:38 PM »
A few updates. All animal farms are working with custom placeables and animal navmesh. I've been starting some simple play testing and seems to be going well. I've still been hammering out redoing the AI field edges and smoothing them out. It's very time consuming.

I'm looking at tackling the custom train but not sure how to approach it. It looks like the driveable train in FS19 is set up as a placeable with an xml file, however the FS17 version of the BNSF train look like it was run as a script and is not driveable (which I intend to keep it that way). Haven't been able to find any tutorials on adding a custom train to FS19.

Additionally, does anyone know how to make a default placeable item unusable until the underlying land is purchased? The way the map plays now is the player has access to all the animal placeables right from the start, and I'd like to have it setup to where you have to buy the farms first before you can start running animal farms. Same goes with the starting farm silo.

I have a facebook page setup here: https://www.facebook.com/KS-Mapping-335955750636536/ I'll try and copy the updates on that page to here on AEM. More previews:

Granular fertilizer and herbicide may be bought at the Tractor Supply CO

Fertilizer and lime may be bought at the CPS

Cows out enjoying a warm sunny day!

Hog farm. The silos in the back are functional!

Horse ranch with a large enclosure and riding trail.

BGA. Nothing fancy, it's the Giants model, but it works.

Let me know if you want any more pics of anything!

The following users thanked this post: Ag Hauler, Broncfan03, slowboat

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 12:31:03 AM »
Looking good!  A big convert like this is a good time to clean up some of the areas that needed it in FS17, and it looks like you're putting in the good work. 

Offline emdsd90mac

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 07:21:52 AM »
This was my favorite map in 17 and played if for many hours.  Looking very forward to seeing the release of this for 19.  I am not a map maker, but want to learn and I am very picky too.  I have downloaded many maps for 19 and promptly delete them due to just not liking something about them.  I simply cannot wait.  Again, thank you :)

Offline aklein

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 05:40:38 PM »
I came here to see if the county line i am seeing around the mod sites is indeed an authorized conversion or if its rouge like some other maps recently. 
aka youtube persona Farmer Klein
Map First Impression videos
How to Videos
Lets play on [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBu5F0DqyhKHnPSvsSWZDPl4v9GOgb1J

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 11:53:24 PM »
That is not my work. Looks like that one was converted by Yazu. I just checked it out and lets just say it's far from complete. It has a serious error log, a bunch of silly additional fruit types (that cause tons of errors), and the original farms were hacked up with a bunch of placeable mods added. Feel free to play that one and get your County Line fix, I hope my version will be worth the wait.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 03:44:34 PM by abright12 »

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 07:48:29 PM »
just keep working it... don't let that distract you bro...

Offline aklein

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 02:09:07 PM »
Good to hear.  I will wait. 
aka youtube persona Farmer Klein
Map First Impression videos
How to Videos
Lets play on [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBu5F0DqyhKHnPSvsSWZDPl4v9GOgb1J

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 03:43:44 PM »
Ok everyone, good news. I'm wrapping up this project and am sending it out to a small group of beta testers.  I just need a couple people to give it a few hours of play time and test out the sell points, animal husbandry, and just cover the grounds of the map to note spots that need cleaning up. This map runs error free on my rig so hopefully it will stay that way on other PCs!

The only thing I still can't get to work is the train. The .lua script does not appear to be FS19 compatible, but maybe one of us can figure that out. I removed it from the map for the time being. Multi-terrain angle is also working now.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 05:22:41 PM by abright12 »

The following users thanked this post: j1238, uicboi

Offline SCHMIDTM

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2019, 02:59:54 AM »
Looking good,

what lua are you using for the trains? If using the old one from 2017 replace it with the new.
Don't worry, Just be Happy.

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 08:15:35 PM »
I tried running the Train.lua file from the FS17 map. It uses modOnCreate.PathTrainsOnCreate. I added the .lua in in the extraSourceFiles in modDesc and it tires to run the script but I get an error. Error: Running LUA method 'modOnCreate.PathTrainsOnCreate'. and scripts/Train.lua:54: attempt to call field 'indexToObject' (a nil value). 

The .lua:

-- train
--
-- script for a map-mover with followers
--
-- Author: sven (sven777b) Br�utigam
-- Copyright (C) Halycon Media

PathTrains = {};

_G.PathTrains = PathTrains;
function PathTrains.onCreate(id)
   if _G.trains == nil then
      _G.trains = {};
   end;
   table.insert(_G.trains, Train:new(id));
end;

function PathTrains:update(dt)
   if _G.trains ~= nil then
      for k,v in pairs(_G.trains) do
         v:update(dt);
      end;
   end;
end;

function PathTrains:delete()
   _G.trains = nil;
end;
function PathTrains:deleteMap()
   _G.trains = nil;
end;
function PathTrains:mouseEvent(posX, posY, isDown, isUp, button)
end;
function PathTrains:keyEvent(unicode, sym, modifier, isDown)
end;
function PathTrains:draw()
end;

Train = {};
local Train_mt = Class(Train);
g_universalTipTriggerDir = g_currentModDirectory;

function Train:new(id, customMt)
    local instance = {};
    if customMt ~= nil then
        setmetatable(instance, customMt);
    else
        setmetatable(instance, Train_mt);
    end;

local spline = getUserAttribute(id, "spline");
    local trainobj = getUserAttribute(id, "train");
    local trainid = Utils.indexToObject(id,trainobj);
   instance.spline = Utils.indexToObject(id,spline);
       local length = getSplineLength(instance.spline);

instance.trainGroup = {};
       instance.positions = {};
   local numOfParts = getNumOfChildren(trainid);
   if numOfParts > 0 then
      for c=1, numOfParts do
         local trainpart = getChildAt(trainid,c-1);
         table.insert(instance.trainGroup, trainpart );
         local x,y,z = getTranslation(trainpart);
         local delay = -z/length;
         table.insert(instance.positions, delay);
      end;
   end;

local speed = Utils.getNoNil(getUserAttribute(id, "speed"), 10);
       instance.timeScale = (speed/3.6) / length;

instance.isEnabled = true;
    instance.firstRun = true;
    return instance;
end;

function Train:update(dt)
   if self.isEnabled then
      if not self.firstRun then

for i=1, table.getn(self.trainGroup) do
                 self.positions = self.positions - 0.001*dt*self.timeScale;
            local x,y,z = getSplinePosition(self.spline, self.positions);
            local rx,ry,rz = getSplineOrientation(self.spline, self.positions, 0, -1, 0);
            setTranslation(self.trainGroup, x-200, y, z);
            setRotation(self.trainGroup, rx, ry, rz);
         end;   

else
         self.firstRun = false;
      end;
   end;
end;

addModEventListener(PathTrains);
g_onCreateUtil.addOnCreateFunction("PathTrainsOnCreate", PathTrains.onCreate);

Line 54: local trainid = Utils.indexToObject(id,trainobj);
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 08:20:29 PM by abright12 »

Offline Rbk_3

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 09:12:43 AM »
How did it go with the fruit density maps? Last year I Bronco and I were trying to resize it to the proper size so that crop destruction worked properly and didn't take out the whole width of the tractor but then that caused issues with random foliage growing in lines across the map. I eventually gave up on the project and I never did follow up if Bronco solved this issue.

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 09:35:36 AM »
The fruit and cultivator density, as well as field definitions were rebuilt from scratch. No lines, and crop destruction built in to FS19 works great!

Offline alfalfa6945

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 12:04:49 PM »
I tried running the Train.lua file from the FS17 map. It uses modOnCreate.PathTrainsOnCreate. I added the .lua in in the extraSourceFiles in modDesc and it tires to run the script but I get an error. Error: Running LUA method 'modOnCreate.PathTrainsOnCreate'. and scripts/Train.lua:54: attempt to call field 'indexToObject' (a nil value). 

"Utils" no longer has the function "indexToObject" (it's part of I3DUtil now), therefore it can't call that "field" thus the "(a nil value)" error. The script would have to be converted to FS19, it's not quite "plug and play"...

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 01:23:10 PM »
The script would have to be converted to FS19, it's not quite "plug and play"...

That's what I figured. I know zilch about scripting and don't have the time to teach myself. Nevertheless, when and if the .lua is converted, it's a simple fix to add it to the map.

Offline Rbk_3

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 04:31:11 PM »
The fruit and cultivator density, as well as field definitions were rebuilt from scratch. No lines, and crop destruction built in to FS19 works great!

Great to hear! Any idea on a possible release date? I am still waiting for that perfect map to really dig into this game. Was waiting on Welker but I think a properly converted Coutyline will be it.

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2019, 04:04:14 PM »
Happy early Fourth of July everyone! Since I'll be busy blowing up some Chinese fireworks and drinking cold refreshing beverages tomorrow, the map is OUT.

The thread for it can be found here:

Thanks to everyone at AEM for the help on working on this fine map, and have a great Fourth  8)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 11:51:27 PM by abright12 »

The following users thanked this post: Dirtracer00, slowboat, uicboi

Offline Mateus Kronbauer

• Rookie
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2019, 09:42:12 AM »
abright12, the tress you put on the map have been exported from 17 too? Some of them aren`t working properly with Seasons 19, so i checked the Realismus post about converting the maps to work with it and the supported tress includes the ''birch'' ones that aren`t working right now, so i think they`re from 17, right? No problems with the Oaks since they can be from 17 and still works

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2019, 11:09:47 AM »
abright12, the tress you put on the map have been exported from 17 too? Some of them aren`t working properly with Seasons 19, so i checked the Realismus post about converting the maps to work with it and the supported tress includes the ''birch'' ones that aren`t working right now, so i think they`re from 17, right? No problems with the Oaks since they can be from 17 and still works

Yep those are no longer compatible.  That has already been fixed for the next map update.

The following users thanked this post: Mateus Kronbauer

Online JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2019, 11:20:59 AM »
 Have you gone to scripts in GE and created ground collision again. This way you the placeables will actually block the snow effect in the shed?  I had a map where snow showed in the placeables until I did this.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

The following users thanked this post: Mateus Kronbauer

Offline Mateus Kronbauer

• Rookie
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 06:32:57 PM »
Glad to know thaty, abright12! It`s my favorite map on FS since i discovered it and you did a great work converting it!  ;D Keep up the great work!

Offline abright12 (OP)

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2019, 10:25:42 AM »
Happy Friday, hope you don't have plans this weekend, because the Seasons patch is out! Same deal as before, assuming there is nothing game breaking, I'll plan on a patch in a few weeks when I get some bug reports in. Check the readme, but I can almost guarantee you'll need to start a new game. If you're savvy you can try and convert your old save over but I can't offer any support on that. Visit the new thread here: http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?topic=15181.msg108653 Enjoy! -Kent
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:50:36 PM by abright12 »

The following users thanked this post: Winze