American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

November 18, 2019, 02:15:06 PM

Author Topic: Shader 4.1.1 abvailable???  (Read 942 times)

Offline farmallflan (OP)

Shader 4.1.1 abvailable???
« on: February 23, 2019, 01:32:58 PM »
 Hi All,
    I know nothing about this so i am asking. So when I start game the upper left splash screen gives the shademe/shader info and says a new version 4.1.1 is available. Do I need to install this to make anything better? And if I do, how do I install it? I d/l it, but when I run it, it asks me what game to install it to so i dont know what FS19 file or folder to point it to.
   Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike

Offline Caneman

Re: Shader 4.1.1 abvailable???
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 05:09:41 PM »
Mine says the same thing. I have the first version,installed it and does not seem much better than original without shader mod. Do you have good luck with the original version and what settings do you suggest to run. 

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 12:08:52 AM »
Hi All,
    I know nothing about this so i am asking. So when I start game the upper left splash screen gives the shademe/shader info and says a new version 4.1.1 is available. Do I need to install this to make anything better? And if I do, how do I install it? I d/l it, but when I run it, it asks me what game to install it to so i dont know what FS19 file or folder to point it to.
   Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike
Ok, I remember {I think} it was 15 or 17 that had a 4.1.1 update, however, the most UPDATED update for 17 is Update 1.5.3.1.

Now, that was a guess as to witch game your running or asking about.
My advise is to get your updates ONLY from this websight, unless your bought your game off of stream witch will update automatically if your settings are right.
Here you, the update will not ask where to send it cause it will already being looking for the correct game cause that is how giants set these up. So go ahead a download the latest updates for your game, as well as any DLC's you may or may not have.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/updates.php?lang=en&country=za
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline farmallflan (OP)

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 09:23:54 AM »
 Sorry. Here's more details. I am running FS19. I had to actually buy a new graphics card just so I could run this game.(that's frustrating in itself) So I am confused if the text at startup for the game is more related to the game or my graphics card(AMD Radeon 550). I am thinking the graphics card maybe. The website is reshade.me but I am skeptical about it.
 If this file is unimportant then I wish I could get rid of the text on the splash screen.

If this sounds like a necessary file, can someone please tell me what FS19 file do I point it to for the reshade file install?

The following users thanked this post: AlbertL

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 10:42:13 AM »
Hey ..

Nothing wrong with Reshade.me - But what I may not understand is, how you got new shaders for your game, without knowing how, where and when ..

Haven't actually tried Reshader for FS19, but did try it for FS17 (assuming it's the same thing)

--

To change the appearance (looks) of the game, somebody made new shaders for the basegame, and offered them to the public - but adding/installing really can't be done by accident, only deliberately ..
It's a set of files you download, and adds to your basegame - normally this can be reversed, and the reshading file has instructions how to do this ..
This may not help a lot - but is a bit puzzled, on how you got these files in to your basegame, without knowing anything about it .. But maybe FS19 is different to FS17 ??

--

As mentioned, Reshade is not an important part of your game - it's an addition that you normally install yourself It changes the way your game looks - and can be removed (normally) ..

Regards - Tom Cat
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 10:49:16 AM by Tom Cat »
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Offline farmallflan (OP)

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 09:06:19 PM »
Thanks Tom Cat for the response. All I did was put my new graphics card in and install FS19 and start playing. I installed one driver update for my g-card since I put it in and that's it. I have not downloaded any shader mods.

So if I install this update for the shader, which file in FS19 should I pick to point it to??? I wish i could provide some screenshots if that would help.  Thanks again.

Mike

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 12:40:56 PM »
Hmm ..

First you need to go to the Reshade.me site, and download the ReShade_Setup_4.1.1.exe file - I've done it a few minutes ago, and it was scanned by Norton, with no virus found ..

Then read this : https://reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/2501-reshade-3-0-guide-for-newcomers

I'm not gonna install it at this moment, as I'm still playing FS17 (waiting for Giants to fix all the game issues, as well as the release of Seasons) so can't help you further at the moment ..

For FS17 it was a manual install (so one did know where everything was copied from, and where to) but for FS19 it comes as a .exe file, so (according to the Reshade.me site) everything should be pretty obvious (they claim) .. If it doesn't work as intended, you may have to reinstall your basegame, if you can't figure out how to remove the files that was added by the Reshade .exe file ..

It won't hurt your savegames to reinstall (if you don't choose to delete savegame folders) so there should be no risk installing your FS19 game again ..

Regards Tom Cat
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 03:05:14 PM »
Sorry. Here's more details. I am running FS19. I had to actually buy a new graphics card just so I could run this game.(that's frustrating in itself) So I am confused if the text at startup for the game is more related to the game or my graphics card(AMD Radeon 550). I am thinking the graphics card maybe. The website is reshade.me but I am skeptical about it.
 If this file is unimportant then I wish I could get rid of the text on the splash screen.

If this sounds like a necessary file, can someone please tell me what FS19 file do I point it to for the reshade file install?

Understand.
I had to buy a new one myself to play 17.
I am running EVGA GeForce GT 740 Superclocked 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KJGYOGG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and i am using G Force Experience that lets me know whenever a driver update comes out.
Here is the Radeon OFFICIAL web sight.
Linked to your 550 card.

Revision Number
Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 Optional
File Size
451 MB
Release Date
2/25/2019

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-550
Release Notes:
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 Highlights

Article Number
RN-RAD-WIN-19-2-3
Support For

AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics
        Up to 10% average performance gains with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 vs. 17.40 launch drivers for AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics. RS-285
        Up to 17% average performance gains in eSports titles with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 vs. 17.40 launch drivers for AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics. RS-286
    Dirt Rally 2
        Up to 3% performance gains with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3, on a Radeon RX Vega 64 in Dirt Rally 2. RS-287

Fixed Issues

Battlefield V players may experience character outlines stuck on screen after being revived.
    Fan speeds may remain elevated for longer periods than expected when using Tuning Control Auto Overclock or manual fan curve in Radeon WattMan on AMD Radeon VII.
    ReLive wireless VR may experience an application crash or hang during extended periods of play.
    Zero RPM will correctly disable in Radeon WattMan on available system configurations when manual fan curve is enabled.
    A loss of video may be intermittently experienced when launching a fullscreen player application with Radeon FreeSync enabled.

Known Issues

Mouse lag or system slowdown is observed for extended periods of time with two or more displays connected and one display switched off.
    Changes made in Radeon WattMan settings via Radeon Overlay may sometimes not save or take effect once Radeon Overlay is closed.
    Some Mobile or Hybrid Graphics system configurations may intermittently experience green flicker when moving the mouse over YouTube videos in Chrome web browser. A work around if this occurs is to disable hardware acceleration.
    Radeon WattMan settings changes may intermittently not apply on AMD Radeon VII.
    Performance metrics overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.

Important Notes

AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics must perform a driver upgrade to AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 to retain functionality of Radeon FreeSync on Radeon FreeSync enabled system configurations.
    AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition can be found here.

Footnotes

Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of February 19, 2019 on the AMD Ryzen 5 2500U comprising of12GB DDR4-2400 and Windows 10x64.PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. Destiny 2, Shadow of War, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Civilization 6, and Witcher 3 when running Radeon Software 17.40 scored: 24,30,36,37,27 FPS respectively.  Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 edition 19.2.3 scored 27,32,37,43,30,31 respectively. Therefore, in the above comparison, Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 shows 5%, 6%, 3%, 16%,14%, 9% greater performance. For an average of 10% performance gains across the titles. All scores are an average of 3 runs with the same settings. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-285
    Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of February 19, 2019 on the AMD Ryzen 5 2500U comprising of12GB DDR4-2400 and Windows 10x64.PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Fortnite, Player Unknowns Battleground, and World of Warcraft when running Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 scored: 52, 30, 26, 43 FPS respectively. Radeon Software 17.40 scored 43,25,24,38 respectively. Therefore, in the above comparison, Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 shows 23%, 22%, 10%, 15% greater performance. For an average of 17% performance gains across the titles. All scores are an average of 3 runs with the same settings. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-286
    Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of February 20th, 2019 on the 8GB Radeon RX Vega 64, using a test system comprising of Intel i7 7700K CPU (4.2 GHz), 16GB DDR4 memory, and Windows 10x64. PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. Dirt Rally 2 (DX11) with the High preset at 1920x1080, when running Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.2, the Radeon RX Vega 64 scored 122.5 FPS while Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 scored 125.6 FPS. Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 shows 3% greater performance. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RS-287

Package Contents

The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 installation package contains the following:

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.2.3 Driver Version 18.50.25.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 25.20.15025.1002)
More details here,
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-2-3

I would think they might have something similar to G Force Experience that will alert you to new driver updates.

Post Merge: February 26, 2019, 01:08:23 PM
Hey ..

Nothing wrong with Reshade.me - But what I may not understand is, how you got new shaders for your game, without knowing how, where and when ..

Haven't actually tried Reshader for FS19, but did try it for FS17 (assuming it's the same thing)

--

To change the appearance (looks) of the game, somebody made new shaders for the basegame, and offered them to the public - but adding/installing really can't be done by accident, only deliberately ..
It's a set of files you download, and adds to your basegame - normally this can be reversed, and the reshading file has instructions how to do this ..
This may not help a lot - but is a bit puzzled, on how you got these files in to your basegame, without knowing anything about it .. But maybe FS19 is different to FS17 ??

--

As mentioned, Reshade is not an important part of your game - it's an addition that you normally install yourself � It changes the way your game looks - and can be removed (normally) ..

Regards - Tom Cat

Most all FS19 shaders are here,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2019\data\shaders

many have been changed, eliminated and use different ones. Those will need to be changed in your I3d od your converted Mods.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 03:42:55 PM by AlbertL »
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch