American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

September 20, 2018, 06:18:29 PM

Author Topic: Oklahoma USA 2017 Map  (Read 1787 times)

arkarr87 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline farmerbob13

Re: Oklahoma USA 2017 Map
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2018, 09:20:16 PM »
Does anyone know where the board pallets are sold or are they for production.  Due to poor eyesight I cannot make out the little icon on the screen where prices and sell points are very well.  Definely sheep that cause the freezeup.  happened a few minutes after I purchased some.   Thanks in advance.

Offline mak32

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2018, 02:51:42 PM »
the board pallets actually say wool so I sold them at the spinnery :laugh:
the map has been freezing up on me also keeps saying not responding it started after I bought cows going to sell them all and see what happens. Its a shame I really like this map
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:59:25 PM by mak32 »

Offline farmerbob13

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2018, 07:57:15 PM »
I have 50 without issue.

Offline Lostaviator

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2018, 11:08:33 AM »
For those of you with freeze problems make sure you don't have any other maps in the mod folder.

The following users thanked this post: cjwilksy

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2018, 11:45:56 AM »
is there a way to open the gates at the dealership
Modded vehicles without proper ai collision will NOT trigger the gates.  You will have to either reset to farm or use another vehicle to trigger them.

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 11:48:17 AM
curious what tank to use to pull the cream out of the one factory at the butter area.  the one building makes butter pallets and cream from milk but the cream is a liquid fill trigger.  I have tried various tanks and none of them work.  I put the Kotte universal tanks in but they do not include a cream icon on the fill types in the shop.
Need to test, but changed the modDesc to include the cream in the "liquid" category so Kotte trailers should work with upcoming update.
**Edit:  Cream now fills with Kotte Universal trailers--tested

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 11:50:02 AM
I cannot get the seeds out of the seed maker by the composter either, Ive tried front loader and conveyor don't know what else to try
Replacing this seed mixer with another SeedMaster like at main farm.  Also deleted the log shredder from compost area to allow for more placeables.

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 11:50:55 AM
The ramps on the pit at Pete's hardware don't have collisions.  Some trucks can't hop up on the pit.
fixed..thanks! (y)

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 11:52:44 AM
I have not any tank the works well with any liquid triggers on the manufacturing plants.  I can get water into the soy plant, but not fuel...and vice versa elsewhere.  Maybe the author could post what tankers he used?
The Kotte universal pack of trailers are supposed to work for all production like the fuel at compostMaster, lime production, etc.
**Edit:  For some reason the "universal" trailers don't load default fuel, but the dedicated "Shell" trailer works fine--tested.  The sawmill only needs 1000gal, so be careful because it kept unloading fuel even after it was full--check the display to know when full or only have what you need in the Kotte fuel trailer

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 12:00:02 PM
Just letting you knpw that the water fill point at the animals does not work atleast not for me.  Just wanted to know if there is a trick to the water fill point at the animals?
No trick..should work with default water tank as it's just a default water trigger.  Can't say whether it works with modded tanks or not...not sure why it wouldn't.  You are filling at the pump house outside the East gate right?

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 12:01:04 PM
Could you also make a visual drop zone for pallets at the Deli?  I'm not sure where to drop beer there.

Thanks.
Deliveries are in the back alley.

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 12:02:50 PM
It appears to be the sheep that was causing the freezing for me. I have cows, pigs, and chickens with no crashing now.

Thanks
Not sure why sheep are causing issues..will investigate  (y)
**Edit:  Had 100 of each animal tested with no freezes--see pics

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 12:05:18 PM
Does anyone know where the board pallets are sold or are they for production.  Due to poor eyesight I cannot make out the little icon on the screen where prices and sell points are very well.  Definely sheep that cause the freezeup.  happened a few minutes after I purchased some.   Thanks in advance.
Boards are accepted at TSC, Farmer's Market, and Pete's Hardware.  If you open the map01.xml in notepad++, you can scroll through all the sellpoints and what is accepted...also how you can edit any of them or the farm silos.
**Edit:  Sawmill boards were messed up--now fixed and selling correctly

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 12:09:22 PM
For those of you with freeze problems make sure you don't have any other maps in the mod folder.
Can't stress this enough.  Other maps and the scripts included in them CAN POTENTIALLY mess with whatever map you are currently playing.  You should never have multiple modded maps loaded at the same time--nothing good comes of it.  I keep a backup folder that I move all maps I'm currently not playing to and only keep the current map in my mods folder.  Seems like a hassle at first, but you eventually get used to it.  Prevents a lot of headaches with conflicts.

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 03:24:26 PM
Will give it a few more days to see if anymore issues crop up.  Otherwise, will post an updated version 1.01 by end of this week.  Thanks for all the feedback!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 03:25:14 PM by cjwilksy »

Offline storm_ss

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2018, 06:43:35 AM »

Post Merge: September 16, 2018, 12:02:50 PM
Not sure why sheep are causing issues..will investigate  (y)
**Edit:  Had 100 of each animal tested with no freezes--see pics

The info layers for the animal navmeshes are not correct. I redid the navmeshes with the correct info layers and I have like 250 sheep, 350 cows, 600 pigs, and 50 chickens and no crashing.

Another problem I am seeing is when I plant some of the fields, it plants them in a 45 degree angle. I'm not sure if that's something with the map or somethiing on my end.

Thanks

Offline aklein

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »
Need to test, but changed the modDesc to include the cream in the "liquid" category so Kotte trailers should work with upcoming update.
**Edit:  Cream now fills with Kotte Universal trailers--tested

Ah,  that is where and how to do it.  I was looking at the Kotte trailers and saw the fill type was just liquid.  I was running the map on a MP server so I didn't put cream in there as a filltype on the mod as it would have been a decent amount of work to test but I will try to remember and see how you did this in mod desc for future needs as they crop up.

For the animal issues I was experiencing it was on a dedicated server.  For sure no other maps where on the server as I needed every bit of space for this map and the mods we where using.  All I know is we ran for 24 hours with no issues on the dedicated server with 6+ folks in most of the time.  then we picked up some cows and sheep and for the next 24 hours i restarted the server multiple times as people had freezing issues or failure to connect.  I got in after a restart and sold the cows and sheep and then the server ran non stop for another 10 days with no issues afterwards.

aka youtube persona Farmer Klein
Map First Impression videos
How to Videos
Lets play on [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBu5F0DqyhKHnPSvsSWZDPl4v9GOgb1J

Offline Arclight

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2018, 10:11:46 AM »
Someone on  RD Allens YouTube Okla' Video reported this:

" cotton sell prices are sitting at over 265 million per ton"

Is this a problem with anyone else?

Offline TXFarmer17

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2018, 09:56:38 PM »
Someone on  RD Allens YouTube Okla' Video reported this:

" cotton sell prices are sitting at over 265 million per ton"

Is this a problem with anyone else?

I get a similar issue when dealing with pounds. When filling anything with cotton, it shows "1" with the progress bar increasing from 0% to 100%. The store price is around $230,000. However, changing to bushels or liters seems to work normal. Selling in "pounds" only nets around $34000, which was the same I got when in bushels.

Offline jeeplj8

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2018, 11:17:52 AM »
thank you for info on tankers - looks like I need to experiment more.

I wanted to use peanuts more - but they are not accepted as pig food.  Is that a very difficult edit?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:21:45 AM by jeeplj8 »
THANK YOU to all modders.  You are the real reason Giants has ever sold a single copy of this game.  Modders make it fun, realistic and whimsical.  They are the true life blood of this community.