American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 17, 2019, 09:19:31 AM

Author Topic: Oklahoma USA 2017 Map V1.01  (Read 7447 times)

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

Oklahoma USA 2017 Map V1.01
« on: September 01, 2018, 05:21:23 PM »
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:33:50 PM by cjwilksy »

The following users thanked this post: slowboat, Garapeto, bemster, Prairiedog007

Offline Arclight

Re: Oklahoma USA 2017 Map
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 08:26:04 AM »
Great job! Thanks for doing this map for FS 17.

The following users thanked this post: gmthepilot, cjwilksy, DISTURBEDxGAMING

Offline aklein

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 04:46:32 PM »
Curious on peanuts and some other crops if they need specialized equipment to harvest or not. 
aka youtube persona Farmer Klein
Map First Impression videos
How to Videos
Lets play on [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBu5F0DqyhKHnPSvsSWZDPl4v9GOgb1J

Offline redpower1984

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 04:57:20 PM »
Single player.
my game was crashing
 I did a game of process of elimination and it turned out to be the CCM mod.

just a heads up to anyone who may have same troubles

The following users thanked this post: cjwilksy

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 09:23:17 PM »
Single player.
my game was crashing

I forgot I used to have issues until getting rid of that mod too.  Not sure what about it is causing the crash, unless it puts the map over the limit on fillTypes or something.  Thanks for leaving this info.  (y)

Post Merge: September 02, 2018, 09:24:41 PM
Curious on peanuts and some other crops if they need specialized equipment to harvest or not.
Up to you...grain headers can be used or you can download mods that will harvest peanuts--I know of at least 2 (1 being on this site)

Offline aklein

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 06:36:33 AM »
Thanks,  I looked around and found the peanut pack here so I will include a link to that in my map video which will come out tomorrow morning. 
How to Videos
Lets play on [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBu5F0DqyhKHnPSvsSWZDPl4v9GOgb1J

Offline Arclight

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 08:09:13 AM »
Single player.
my game was crashing

What is the CCM Mod?

Thx
Arc

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

Offline aklein

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 11:36:25 AM »
ok,  There is an issue with seasons and straw harvest.  if both are checked map will crash.

Simple fix.  In the Moddesc.xml where the additional map types are configured change the useHeap="true" to false on the additional crop types of oat, rye, millet, sorghum, cotton and peanut.

You might have to change it for compost and lime also.  I am npt at my PC to verify.  and you might be able to turn it on for peanuts.

There is a general issue with Straw harvest and Seasons with some additional crop types causing map crashing with respect to the heap value set to true.  changing it to false corrects this issue and allows the map to load up.  The only side effect is not being able to tip anywhere those crops.

Attached is a modified moddesc.xml that is working with straw harvest and seasons.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:43:30 AM by aklein »
How to Videos

The following users thanked this post: cjwilksy, Arclight, Spanky

Offline alfalfa6945

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 02:51:23 PM »
Oklahoma USA 2017 Map
--zzz_cropMowing must be in your mods folder to be able to mow Alfalfa and Clover--GreenMowing Mod does not work per my testing and will likely conflict with zzz_cropMowing--I would not have both in mods folder

Having both enabled would be quite redundant. That said, did you obtain permission to include the zzz_cropMowing.zip file with your map?

You also have a file named "fruitReg.lua" that has my name in it. It's a butchered (and slightly redundant) script, and I did not write it like that. If you would be so kind as to remove my name from that file, that would be great :)

In your "ModMap.lua", you seem to have left in a debug loop that I had suggested for you:

Code: [Select]
for fruitIndex,_ in pairs(FruitUtil.fruitTypes) do
    print(fruitIndex,FruitUtil.fruitTypes[fruitIndex].literPerSqm,"________")
end

To prevent the logFile from being spammed unnecessarily every time the game loads, perhaps you should remove that entry.

Correct these issues and you won't have to conspicuously disclude me from your credits ;)

Post Merge: September 03, 2018, 02:52:15 PM
There is a general issue with Straw harvest and Seasons with some additional crop types causing map crashing with respect to the heap value set to true.

This is due to the 32 heightTypes (densityMapHeightType) limit. Whereas you can create a Lua script to "override" the 32 type limit, you'd still have to deal with a shader and terrainDetailHeight issues thereafter for it to work. It would be nice if Giant's would increase the limit for FS19 proactively.

Offline wires

• Rookie
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »
I  would like to know where the location " storage 1" is on the map, also there looks to be no where to store some of the fruit types , Cotton is plantable but no storage anywhere . The main farms will not take these crops, millet, cotton,peanut, oat, rye.

Offline slowboat

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 08:40:37 PM »
Wires, it says in the map description that you will have to store those items on the ground or sell them. You could also use a placeable silo to store those items.

Offline casepuma

• Rookie
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 02:21:14 AM »
Thank you for a great map. Love that you can bale and sell cotton. :)
John 14:6 - Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 02:25:10 PM »
...did you obtain permission to include the zzz_cropMowing.zip file with your map?

You also have a file named "fruitReg.lua" that has my name in it. It's a butchered (and slightly redundant) script, and I did not write it like that. If you would be so kind as to remove my name from that file, that would be great :)

In your "ModMap.lua", you seem to have left in a debug loop that I had suggested for you:

Code: [Select]
for fruitIndex,_ in pairs(FruitUtil.fruitTypes) do
    print(fruitIndex,FruitUtil.fruitTypes[fruitIndex].literPerSqm,"________")
end

To prevent the logFile from being spammed unnecessarily every time the game loads, perhaps you should remove that entry.

Correct these issues and you won't have to conspicuously disclude me from your credits ;)
Ahh, you again bringing your condescending, crap attitude to where it doesn't belong...but, I'll humor you with answers to your pointless questions:

No, I didn't beg your permission because the zzz.cropMowing was publicly posted on this very site (on the thread your crap attitude got closed) and I added your name as the author (sorry, my bad).

The fruitRegister.lua I created by combining your original posts from that very same thread and added your name to give you credit (sorry again, my bad).

I like the debug loop, which you have now pointed out to me twice, so it stays.  If others want to remove it, they are free to do so.

Now, unless you have something to contribute to the map discussion, kindly keep your opinions to yourself.   ::)

Post Merge: September 04, 2018, 02:27:23 PM
I  would like to know where the location " storage 1" is on the map, also there looks to be no where to store some of the fruit types , Cotton is plantable but no storage anywhere . The main farms will not take these crops, millet, cotton,peanut, oat, rye.
As previously stated in the description, all farm silos accept all grains (wheat, barley, corn, rape, soybeans, sunflowers, oat, rye, millet, and milo)--the only crops not accepted are potato, sugarBeet, cotton, and peanut for obvious reasons.

Post Merge: September 04, 2018, 02:41:20 PM
snip..
Attached is a modified moddesc.xml that is working with straw harvest and seasons.
Thanks!  I don't use Straw Harvest so didn't know would conflict.  Have added both CCM and Straw Harvest to the "known issues" section and pointed to your post for your fix.  (y)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 02:41:20 PM by cjwilksy »

Offline alfalfa6945

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 06:22:27 PM »
Ahh, you again bringing your condescending, crap attitude to where it doesn't belong...but, I'll humor you with answers to your pointless questions:

No, I didn't beg your permission because the zzz.cropMowing was publicly posted on this very site (on the thread your crap attitude got closed) and I added your name as the author (sorry, my bad).

1) You made changes to the original file
2) You released the file with the changes you made
3) You did not have permission to release the file to begin with, let alone make changes to the original file and release the changed version.

zzz_cropMowing is a standalone file, it has no external dependencies. If _you_ produce something that depends on zzz_cropMowing and you wish to include that file with your work, then either the author of zzz_cropMowing had to have given explicit permission for this behavior or _you_ would have to obtain permission to include the file with your map. This isn't something new... You mentioned "greenMowing", would it then be perfectly fine to include that file with your map without first asking the author for permission? How about making changes to that original file and then releasing the version you changed? Honest questions.

The fruitRegister.lua I created by combining your original posts from that very same thread and added your name to give you credit (sorry again, my bad).

1) I never made a post about clover (or "klee" as you've written it).
2) The file you released stamped with my name (fruitReg.lua) isn't the code "as written" in the thread.
3) When you make changes to something and then stamp someone elses name to it, without permission, people may attribute that file (wrongfully) to the person whose name is on the file.

Number 3 is the reason why I requested that you remove my name from that script: I didn't write it and I don't want people thinking that I did. It's a fair request.

Offline jb3pc4sale

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Another day another dollar
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 06:30:19 PM »
Calm down

The following users thanked this post: Arclight

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 08:08:27 PM »
Fella's, do you two have an understanding agreement now? Both of you are good at what you do... so I know you guys can work it out because you both make great tribute to the community on maps and scripts. SO can you two just shake hands and call it all good? Lets keep the knowledge moving.. 19 is about to come out and you know what that means!!! We start all over again ;D ;D ;D ;D.. Got to Love Giants.... ;)

v/r
mikelowery
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 08:10:51 PM by MikeLowery »

The following users thanked this post: Arclight

Offline wires

• Rookie
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 09:04:31 PM »
Comment....this map is vast in size and has therefore lots of room for the addition of more factories, there are 42 or so types that could be put into this map, with ample room  left, stores close to 25 for the products. Total products would be around 112 for us to carry around. Adding all of the available factories you would have to get rid of the existing  Pallet Collectors now being used for factories and change to the new style used on Maps like " River Bottoms " Author " jb3pc4sale "  and the Maps "Islands" " New City "  Author  " Vaszics. These two authors  know what i am talking about,
Pallet collectors have become useless, they are okay if they have Auto sell pads but if not they are a Pain. they are no good for use of Course Play
You can ask jb3pc4ale for more info as he has made maps using this new method.

Offline plowboy14

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 09:37:03 PM »
How do you load the seeds that are made near the compost master?

Offline Arclight

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2018, 02:14:53 PM »
Farmer Klein over on YouTube did an extensive review of this map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGMSJH6csE8&t=1086s

Offline Wyeri

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 03:12:52 PM »
Mediafire download stops at 20%.  Tried it multiple times.

Offline jturie

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 04:37:08 PM »
ok,  There is an issue with seasons and straw harvest.  if both are checked map will crash.

Simple fix.  In the Moddesc.xml where the additional map types are configured change the useHeap="true" to false on the additional crop types of oat, rye, millet, sorghum, cotton and peanut.

You might have to change it for compost and lime also.  I am npt at my PC to verify.  and you might be able to turn it on for peanuts.

There is a general issue with Straw harvest and Seasons with some additional crop types causing map crashing with respect to the heap value set to true.  changing it to false corrects this issue and allows the map to load up.  The only side effect is not being able to tip anywhere those crops.

I just posted on your Youtube review video about this.  Wished I'd come over here BEFORE blowing away the map!!!  Oh well, as they say in France:  "Say La Vee" ;)  Redownloading it now....

Offline hosko02

• Rookie
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 12:18:46 AM »
is there a way to open the gates at the dealership

Offline slowboat

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 07:44:34 AM »
is there a way to open the gates at the dealership
You should be able to drive up to it and it will open by itself.

Offline mak32

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2018, 09:44:06 AM »
I cannot get the seeds out of the seed maker by the composter either, Ive tried front loader and conveyor don't know what else to try