American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

November 17, 2018, 06:40:49 PM

Author Topic: FS19 Information  (Read 10833 times)

Offline jb3pc4sale

Re: FS19 Information
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2018, 07:36:05 AM »
Is there going to be a new Giants Editor? I thought it would be out by now.

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2018, 09:40:12 AM »
Is there going to be a new Giants Editor? I thought it would be out by now.
I have wondered that also. I also thought it was always released early in the past.
 I fear that if they do not work at accommodating  the modders and map makers ,they may be starting the downfall of the FS series.
 I have read some where that in FS 19 new crops will be added with xml and not the i3d as in the past. I will try and find the article again and post a link.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:42:37 AM by JohnDeere1952 »

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline 812farmer

• 500+
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2018, 10:02:36 AM »
18 row 30ft corn head must be some 20 in corn lol. I was hoping they would have a 612c that was for 30 in corn on well may have to edit the 608c. I would think they would release the new ge and a map so we can start on editing it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2018, 10:26:07 AM »
 Here is the link with some of the modding changes coming up in FS 19.

https://www.yesmods.com/farming-simulator-19-modding-news/

Here is one quote from the article.
Code: [Select]
The foliageLayer is separated
Foliage layers are what map makers use to put crops and plants (not trees) onto their maps. Those layers used to part of the main I3D file. But according to LS Modcompany, FS19 layers are separated into its own XML file.

Offline jb3pc4sale

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2018, 10:41:13 AM »
Maybe with the xml I don't have a limit to crops. I shall see. In the new map I watch the uTube and all I wanted to use is the telephone poles and maybe the train.
I hope this time around I can put Milo in and leave the stalk when harvest. Like i did in 13 and I could in 15.

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2018, 10:47:59 AM »
Maybe with the xml I don't have a limit to crops. I shall see. In the new map I watch the uTube and all I wanted to use is the telephone poles and maybe the train.
I hope this time around I can put Milo in and leave the stalk when harvest. Like i did in 13 and I could in 15.
I was also hoping that by going to xml it would ease the restriction on number of crops.

Offline Ag Hauler (OP)

« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2018, 06:59:19 PM »
That is a pretty interesting article. Especially the stuff about modding tires and lights. I have tinkered around with 17 modding a little but didn't realize this although I did wonder why some mods that you opened up in GE had no tires. Now I know. (y). Most of my tinkering in GE has to do with correcting maps. I am definitely looking forward to seeing the rest of what is in store as I think that this will probably be simpler for a lot of things.

Offline alfalfa6945

« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2018, 11:43:37 AM »
I was also hoping that by going to xml it would ease the restriction on number of crops.

Whether or not crops can be added via xml would have nothing to do with "limitations" on number of crops; it will neither increase or decrease the actual number of crops you could add to a map.

Any "limitations" to number of crops would be a result of the methodology used by the game. You'd likely want to become more well versed in bitmap files (fruit_density) and things like numChannels, numTypeIndexChannels, etc.

Offline jb3pc4sale

« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2018, 12:18:16 PM »
Alfalfa, do you have any idea how the a xml and channels could work together? I know that the channels has to be set to how many crops you want. That's putting the necessary files to add crops. Why would need to set the channels if you don't add the crops to map? Giants just keep changing the rules to suit the way to get the game to work.   Maybe you still need to map like before, except you just need to make a xml with the AdditionalMapTypes and you don't put in modDesc like you have done in 17.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:24:05 PM by jb3pc4sale »

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »
 It does appear that there are some drastic changes in the foliage layers and especially the textures per patch. The limit of 4 textures per patch is gone according to this post from Stegei from Giants.

Post  by Stegei Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Please, :)
there is no texture limitation per patch in the LS19  :
Looking forward to release to see how these things are accomplished. I suppose Giants could have it set up in the maps like the 64 fixer and 128 fixer worked in older game versions( 15 I think).

Offline jb3pc4sale

« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2018, 01:49:45 PM »
There is so many variables that can be used. If we knew the code we would Know more what we are doing. That's why I like creating maps, it's make me think. If it wasn't for map modding I would have quit a long time ago on playing the game.

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2018, 03:54:53 PM »
the way it looks we almost have the keys...lol

Offline alfalfa6945

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2018, 05:19:54 PM »
Giants just keep changing the rules to suit the way to get the game to work.

I can only speak for how I view things, but I personally see Giant's making great improvements in every iteration of FS. And with those improvements comes differences in the way a "modder" has to, well, mod. You mention xml a few times, but xml is just configuration settings; it's where a script (specialization, for instance) can look for user configurable settings for the script.

I'll give an example (somewhat) of a shift in the way animations are done with maps that will kind of tie into (a little bit) what you're questioning about xml and i3d's. In the past, if you wanted a gate to open/close, you'd create an i3d animation, so for example, editing the i3d of your map you'd add in lines like this:

<Animation>
    <AnimationSets>
      <AnimationSet name="gates">
        <Clip name="farmGate1" duration="3000">
          <Keyframes nodeId="203">
            <Keyframe time="0" rotation="0 0 0"/>
            <Keyframe time="3000" rotation="0 90 0"/>
          </Keyframes>
        </Clip>
      </AnimationSet>
    </AnimationSets>
</Animation>

Make sure to get the correct nodeId number, as that is the object you're applying the i3d animation to. If you wanted a sound for the gate, you'd create an audio source (in GE) and move it to somewhere in the transform group for the gate. You'd create a trigger (primitive: cube) and move that to somewhere in the transform group. You'd then add in a bunch of userAttributes to the root transform group giving them all bits of information needed by the script that you would ultimately use to control the animation/gate while in-game. And there could be a lot of userAttributes... 

But people can do things differently now. Now you can use AnimatedObjects (Giant's) and use a couple of userAttributes and then use xml for all the configuration - including the sound(file), controls, how the controls appear in the help menu, the actual animation (keyFrame/time/translation/rotation/scale/visibility). Almost everything can be configured in the xml, there is no need to manually edit the i3d and create the i3d animation and then add in a ton of userAttributes. So instead, the modder edits an xml file with settings that look like this:

<animatedObject index="farmGate1">
    <controls posKey="ANIMATED_OBJECT_OPEN_GATE" triggerNode="0" posText="input_ANIMATED_OBJECT_OPEN_GATE" negText="input_ANIMATED_OBJECT_CLOSE_GATE"/>
    <sound file="map/sounds/squeakyDoor.wav" pitchOffset="1.00" volume="0.50" indoorVolumeFactor="0.55" indoorLowpassGain="0.85" pitchMax="1.15"/>
    <animation initialTime="0" duration="3">
        <part node="1">
            <keyFrame time="0" rotation="0 0 0"/>
            <keyFrame time="1" rotation="0 90 0"/>
        </part>
    </animation>
</animatedObject>

Has "Giants just keep changing the rules to suit the way to get the game to work"? Or did they bend over backwards to give modders something that was potentially easier to use and gives the modder better compatibility across platforms and not have to rely on third party scripts (that likely won't work across platforms)? ;)

Again, I'm not an authority on anything and I'm not a modder. My opinions are my own and in my opinion Giant's consistently does things that have solid logic and reasoning behind them. Modding changes, no doubt, but as Giant's continues to improve the game, they are also making the game easier to mod. I have _never_ seen a game that was easier to mod for than FS, and I doubt I'll ever see a company go through as much effort to make it so than Giant's has. My own opinion, you're free to have your own ;)

Post Merge: November 11, 2018, 05:20:45 PM
I suppose Giants could have it set up in the maps like the 64 fixer and 128 fixer worked in older game versions( 15 I think).

Those scripts were essentially overwrites of existing Giant's functions that limited how many types (fill/fruit) you could register, as such they were a "soft" limit, not really related to the foliage layer itself and any "limitations" it may have. To give a bit of an example, a lot of people have had issues with errors in regards to heightTypes in FS17 (or "heaps" as I think additionalMapTypes refers to it). There is a "soft" limit of 32 types you can register with TipUtil. Can you work around this limit? Sure, the same way people worked around limits in FS15 and previous by using programs like what you mentioned (64fix/128fix); you could create an overwrite of the TipUtil.registerDensityMapHeightType function. Problem solved? No. The limit is 32 for a reason and you'd probably have to have a closer look at the terrainDetailHeight in the maps i3d ;)

The following users thanked this post: jb3pc4sale

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #113 on: November 11, 2018, 06:17:43 PM »
your are right alfalf. it will make it a little challenging at first but once we get it and understand how they done it, i think we will be able to roll out some new maps pretty quickly.. We need to collab on a few together  ;) ;D.. great info..

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2018, 06:05:05 AM »
 Here is a link on FS-UK for a live stream week on FS 19. It also has a list for topics for each day.
 The way I understand the times will be the English streams at 2PM eastern time  and the German  streams  2 hours earlier.

https://www.fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=203999.0

Schedule of the English streams:
Monday 12 November: What's new in FS19, featuring Virtual Farmer, Simul8 and Martin Rabl (aka Amboss, GIANTS PR Manager)

Tuesday 13 November: Exploration of the US map, featuring Virtual Farmer, Simul8 and Martin Rabl

Wednesday 14 November: Q&A with the QA team, featuring Virtual Farmer, Simul8 and Kenneth Burgess (aka Lethian, GIANTS QA Team)

Thursday 15 November: New game modes, featuring Virtual Farmer, Simul8 and Lars Malcharek (aka Lisertan, GIANTS Community Manager)

Friday 16 November: Q&A with the marketing team, featuring Virtual Farmer, Simul8 and Martin Rabl

Saturday 17 November: FS19 gameplay, featuring RainbowDave, Lars Malcharek and Christian Ammann (GIANTS Founder and CEO)

Sunday 18 November: Multiplayer gameplay, featuring RainbowDave, Martin Rabl and Christian Ammann

Monday 19 November: Multiplayer gameplay, featuring RainbowDave, Martin Rabl and Kenneth Burgess

Schedule of the German streams:
Monday 12 November: Q&A with Executive Producer Marc Schwegler, featuring Ansgar from NorthrheinTV and Werner from Burning-Gamers

Tuesday 13 November: What's New in FS19, featuring B3nny and Martin Rabl

Wednesday 14 November: Horses in FS19, featuring Burning-Gamers and Martin Rabl

Thursday 15 November: The new vehicles of FS19, featuring B3nny, Martin Rabl and Stefan Maurus (GIANTS Programmer)

Friday 16 November: Exploring the EU map, featuring Oisterproper and Martin Rabl

Saturday 17 November: FS19 gameplay, featuring Oisterproper, Lars Malcharek and Jan-Hendrik Pfitzner (GIANTS QA Lead)

Sunday 18 November: Multiplayer gameplay, featuring Oisterproper and Lars Malcharek

Monday 19 November: Multiplayer gameplay, featuring Oisterproper, Lars Malcharek and Martin Rabl

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2018, 07:44:21 AM »
Release times.
18:01 Eastern time for mac and pc Nov 19th
00:01 Eastern Time Nov 20th and 21:01 Pacific time  Nov 19th  for Play Station
Midnight local time Nov 20 th   Xbox One

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2018, 02:48:58 PM »
 For those that missed the first English live stream on FS 19
 You tube video by rainbow_dave  Titled  What's new in FS19 It appears that at the 45:28 mark it shows chopped straw.
https://t.co/pAGD0w4LBE

Offline Ag Hauler (OP)

« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2018, 05:27:21 PM »
I watched part of the live stream. There are definitely some things showing potential.

Offline caseman83

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2018, 02:23:09 PM »
I agree Ag Hauler FS19 shows  lots of potential & the improvements are amazing like horses in the game awesome, the countdown has begun for 19s  release next week yay the 19th cant get here fast enough.
IF IT AIN'T RED, IT STAYS IN THE SHED INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER FOREVER.

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2018, 05:17:25 PM »
 A Tour of the American map.

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=DO0NjvUANHk

I still say a good base map for modders.

Offline Ag Hauler (OP)

« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2018, 05:42:46 PM »
Did anyone notice that towards the end of the video it shows that you can choose what kind and colors of COWS?

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2018, 06:56:03 PM »
Did anyone notice that towards the end of the video it shows that you can choose what kind and colors of COWS?

yes they do change colors... ;)

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2018, 02:06:05 PM »
 Here is the German stream on Horses in FS 19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwJsavAptBI

Actual info starts about 15 minute mark

And here is English Question and answers . It also actually starts info about 15 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnO_m-pWoO0
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 02:09:11 PM by JohnDeere1952 »

Offline Ag Hauler (OP)

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2018, 07:12:52 PM »
I see that you managed to get a question in. (y)

The following users thanked this post: MikeLowery

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2018, 08:11:38 PM »
I see that you managed to get a question in. (y)

why yes thank you lol...