American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

November 13, 2018, 02:02:20 AM

Author Topic: Newlin  (Read 1159 times)

Offline txzar (OP)

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:19:50 PM by txzar »

"Don't mess with Texas"

The following users thanked this post: JimmytheGeek, willbtruckin

Offline Arclight

Re: Newlin
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 12:54:54 PM »
What is the best auger to use on the various bins?

Thx
Arc

Offline JimmytheGeek

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 10:15:18 AM »
I've found the Farm King to work with every map I've tried. Really, most of the ones out should work just fine.
A descendant of farmers, I'm the entire IT department for a small, rural-town library.

Offline mweber

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 04:38:29 PM »
You have done a great job with this map. I have not found anything wrong as of yet. I would like to offer a suggestion though if you have to make new version. This is just a suggestion. I think the regular soil color would look much nicer. And might I suggest the grass that is used on the Bates Cass County map. In my opinion this would really make it stand out. Good job and please keep up the good work.

Offline JimmytheGeek

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 09:50:34 AM »
I would like to offer a suggestion though if you have to make new version. This is just a suggestion. I think the regular soil color would look much nicer. Good job and please keep up the good work.

As someone who has recently taken a trip around the United States, I can attest to this soil color being pretty well correct for this area. Red rocks = red dirt just about everywhere I went. Txzar has done a really good job! And, you can always edit this map for personal use. Soil texture and grass types are easy to change. Just copy the one you want into the appropriate folder and start a new save game.
A descendant of farmers, I'm the entire IT department for a small, rural-town library.

The following users thanked this post: mweber

Offline farmerbob13

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 11:26:41 AM »
I this map.  field color is fine.  My problem is the huge trees in the fields that have grass.  They are difficult to cut with a chain saw and when I try to remove stumps there are several where the top part of the stump remains floating in the air in field 19.  Very strange thing I have never seen before.  Wish you would not put those kind of trees in fields.  Spending way to much time trying to get rid of them.   Also the 2 giant fields are a waste.   They cost so much one would have to play for a year to buy one unless you money cheat.  They are of no use being so large and expensive.  Not complaining just something to think about for future maps or updates.  thanks for creating a great map. 

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 06:19:28 PM »
I this map.  field color is fine.  My problem is the huge trees in the fields that have grass.  They are difficult to cut with a chain saw and when I try to remove stumps there are several where the top part of the stump remains floating in the air in field 19.  Very strange thing I have never seen before.  Wish you would not put those kind of trees in fields.  Spending way to much time trying to get rid of them.   Also the 2 giant fields are a waste.   They cost so much one would have to play for a year to buy one unless you money cheat.  They are of no use being so large and expensive.  Not complaining just something to think about for future maps or updates.  thanks for creating a great map.

i guess you have never seen the fields in Texas before...

Offline JCourtney1976

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 03:58:33 AM »
Pretty cool map, just wondering where to clean the cows at?

Offline Bredin

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 03:28:05 PM »
@txzar, getting almost a $140k daily Property Maintenance charge on the map (with only owning Field 17 and no other buildings)

Any ideas?

Offline Arclight

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2018, 07:47:02 AM »
@txzar, getting almost a $140k daily Property Maintenance charge on the map (with only owning Field 17 and no other buildings)

Any ideas?

Guys on YouTube were talking about this problem. Is there a fix?

Offline ronzzz8554

• Regular
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2018, 10:11:08 AM »
I remember this, I found one of the storage silo had the 'costPerFillLevelAndDay' was set very high.  Its been awhile since I've played this map, so I don't remember which one it was.  I just adjusted that number and was back to normal.

Offline Arclight

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2018, 07:54:16 AM »
Question about the three storage silos at the cattle ranch. How do you put in/dump crops into them? I've driven all over in front of them with no luck. Do I have to use an auger?

Thx
Arc

Offline JimmytheGeek

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2018, 10:54:21 AM »
Question about the three storage silos at the cattle ranch. How do you put in/dump crops into them? I've driven all over in front of them with no luck. Do I have to use an auger?

Yes. Any auger should work. My preference is for the Farm King, but use whichever will do it for you.

Offline Arclight

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 08:55:47 AM »
Yes. Any auger should work. My preference is for the Farm King, but use whichever will do it for you.

Thx for your reply. I hate using augers :). Will use a placeable silo system.