American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

September 20, 2018, 12:35:09 PM

Author Topic: Modding the mods question  (Read 255 times)

Offline flatbush71 (OP)

Modding the mods question
« on: July 01, 2018, 03:35:55 PM »
Mike, Craig and other AdMins,
What I'm doing is trying to make a few things a little more user friendly, I guess that is a good way to put it.

For example, I've taken the WasserPump placeable and drastically decreased the fuel to water ratio as well as increased the total water capacity.
A whole lot of water fast for just a little fuel. Now its really useful and the water is free less the fuel cost.

Now, here's the real question to you guys. Its near impossible to contact the original creators for permission in many cases. If anybody would wants these items should I offer just the edited files so they can be used to replace the original files in the zip ?

I'm also translating a couple of very nice maps to American English and here again should I offer just the translated files to be added to the original maps ?

I'm doing this for American end users/ players who may want some of this stuff if they are so inclined.

What say you guys ?

Buck

« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:45:03 PM by flatbush71 »

Offline MikeLowery

Re: Modding the mods question
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 05:43:33 PM »
contact them if no response from them then make sure you give them all the credit. You explain what you done to the mods to make it better. i can accept that....

The following users thanked this post: flatbush71

Offline flatbush71 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 09:14:54 PM »
Thanks Mike !!
I'll do just that.
Also, I'll talk about what I'm doing before hand and see if there is any interest in the item.
and if people want it, we 'll go from there.

As well, I will probably need a little coaching in some areas, as I'm not fully up to speed anymore.

But I did find my favorite Charolais cow cap in the refrigerator this afternoon and that made everything more better. :o

Buck

Offline MikeLowery

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 06:50:45 PM »
Thanks Mike !!
I'll do just that.
Also, I'll talk about what I'm doing before hand and see if there is any interest in the item.
and if people want it, we 'll go from there.

As well, I will probably need a little coaching in some areas, as I'm not fully up to speed anymore.

But I did find my favorite Charolais cow cap in the refrigerator this afternoon and that made everything more better. :o

Buck

lol ok we will be here