American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

July 17, 2019, 10:41:15 PM

Author Topic: Mills County Map FS17  (Read 10283 times)

Re: Mills County Map FS17
Reply #25 on: January 13, 2018, 06:08:54 PM
I know in the description it mentions that there is a custom seasons data. Does this mean that we should not enable any GEO data, such as the midwest?

Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 06:35:56 AM
I know in the description it mentions that there is a custom seasons data. Does this mean that we should not enable any GEO data, such as the midwest?

You can enable any GEO mod in a map that has custom Seasons data.  The GEO will override the custom map data.  It is not recommended to enable a GEO, or change GEO's on an existing save game, it can cause very strange unpredictable growth patterns.  If you're going to instal Midwest GEO start a new save game.

Reply #27 on: January 29, 2018, 11:08:00 PM
What part of Mills County is this map supposed to represent and is it a DEM map?

Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 10:27:42 PM
was multi terrain added on this map?

Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 05:20:49 AM
was multi terrain added on this map?
I can answer this question yes it has multi terrain angles.

Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 07:42:46 PM
do i need to have my game at certain settings? because its the default angle my map(ive also tried at least 2 others with same default angle)

Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 08:53:47 PM
do i need to have my game at certain settings? because its the default angle my map(ive also tried at least 2 others with same default angle)
I have terrain angle in 2 of my maps and I haven't change any settings to play with or without terrain angles.

Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 11:09:00 PM
I think if you play on low setting you won't have the angles. Check your game setting in the main menu under setting and see if it's set to low. If it is try and play on medium setting to see if it works

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reply #33 on: February 25, 2018, 09:24:33 AM
Are the animals e.g. pigs and cows supposed to function on this map or just crops? I find no water source (there are ponds but you can't get water from them) and I can't find any place to offload my trailer load of pigs; after much time growing Hog specific crops??? Not going to waste time on cows I guess, Thought map was great til now; am I missing something? As a note still crops in locations there shouldn't be any poplars at shop among equipment and cereals growing in town.

Reply #34 on: February 25, 2018, 10:30:13 AM
Are the animals e.g. pigs and cows supposed to function on this map or just crops? I find no water source (there are ponds but you can't get water from them) and I can't find any place to offload my trailer load of pigs; after much time growing Hog specific crops??? Not going to waste time on cows I guess, Thought map was great til now; am I missing something? As a note still crops in locations there shouldn't be any poplars at shop among equipment and cereals growing in town.

Help is underway, my friend ..

Water is to be found in this map - it can be bought at the FarmersCOOP .. See picture number 1 .. (and perhaps at other farm dealers)

I haven't got as far with this map yet - but as there isn't any butchers or slaughterhouses in the map, I think you would need to sell your livestock the same place as you bought it (the livestock pusher ..) See picture number 2 ..

Tom Cat
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:35:57 AM by Tom Cat »
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Reply #35 on: February 25, 2018, 03:38:41 PM
Help is underway, my friend ..

Water is to be found in this map - it can be bought at the FarmersCOOP .. See picture number 1 .. (and perhaps at other farm dealers)

I haven't got as far with this map yet - but as there isn't any butchers or slaughterhouses in the map, I think you would need to sell your livestock the same place as you bought it (the livestock pusher ..) See picture number 2 ..

Tom Cat

Thanks for the reply.  I found the hog and cattle triggers at their respective farms using F5.  I also went into the Editor and found the yellow and black hash marked squares for these triggers clustered around the pond, with the dock, in the SW corner of the map. I didn't edit the map and am sure that whoever is editing the map knows they are there but just wanted you to know.  Thanks for pointing out the water point.  I can now continue to enjoy this amazing map to its fullest.

Servant

Reply #36 on: March 07, 2018, 04:30:02 PM
Downloaded the map for use on my dedicated server. Noticed a few issues that we fixed ourselves.

Near farm 8 I believe, there is a building sitting on the off ramp from the interstate.

The dairy farm repair trigger was misplaced between the cow barns.

At farm 4 and at the sheep farm, there were some hand tools stuck in the ground in open areas. As well, at the sheep farm, the static tractor hooked to the auger was about a foot in the ground.

At the biodiesel plant, there was a collision box running through the whole building. Not really an issue, but invisible walls are annoying, so we wound up placing a line of concrete barriers there so the collision box had a visual reference.

Also, some of the box cars on the train are sunk into the ground. We weren't sure how to fix this.

Reply #37 on: March 07, 2018, 05:10:54 PM
I replace them with the BNSF cars blue and white they are above the line your looking for.

Reply #38 on: March 26, 2018, 09:06:59 PM
I put about 32k litres of corn at Mills County Storage,  about 4 hours game time later Id racked up $36,000 in storage fees. Anyone else run into this?

Im playing with Seasons and MR physics and gameplay.

Reply #39 on: March 26, 2018, 09:52:31 PM
I put about 32k litres of corn at Mills County Storage,  about 4 hours game time later Id racked up $36,000 in storage fees. Anyone else run into this?

Im playing with Seasons and MR physics and gameplay.
The storage areas in the vanilla game charge storage as far as I know. Open your map i3d with note pad ++ (after unzipping your map). Then search for this phrase costsPerFillLevelAndDay. If the value is anything but zero it will charge so much per liter and per day. The default values are 0.005 I think  , change the value to 0.000 and you will no longer be charged.
Always make a back up of your map when editing.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Reply #40 on: March 27, 2018, 01:37:15 PM
The storage areas in the vanilla game charge storage as far as I know. Open your map i3d with note pad ++ (after unzipping your map). Then search for this phrase costsPerFillLevelAndDay. If the value is anything but zero it will charge so much per liter and per day. The default values are 0.005 I think  , change the value to 0.000 and you will no longer be charged.
Always make a back up of your map when editing.
:o Just looked and the Coop is set at "100", so, yeah, may be charging a bit much.  Not sure if planned or mistake, but can easily be edited how JD described above.

Reply #41 on: March 31, 2018, 10:17:56 AM
How come when I clean my dairy barn my cleanliness is still showing 0%?  Is there another area I need to be scooping up with my skid steer? I always run down the middle of the barn and pick up all the grass but like I said its stuck on 0%.  Thanks for any help.

Reply #42 on: March 31, 2018, 06:12:06 PM
How come when I clean my dairy barn my cleanliness is still showing 0%?  Is there another area I need to be scooping up with my skid steer? I always run down the middle of the barn and pick up all the grass but like I said its stuck on 0%.  Thanks for any help.

Try the Animal Table Manners Mod from Giants Mod Hub. It helps. Another thing that I discovered today is running by with either a baler or a self loading grass or chaff wagon as sometimes they have a better pickup range. Also sometimes on some maps there is a minute or two of lag time between the time you do the task and the time it shows up in the readout.

Reply #43 on: April 01, 2018, 08:53:30 AM
I tried the forage wagon and I got it up to 7% cleanliness so that helped a little.  I'll have to keep messing around with that and see what I can do.  Thanks for your help.

Reply #44 on: April 18, 2018, 01:59:13 PM
I am new to playing 17, I saw in the description it is full season ready. Do you have to download a seasons mod, or is it just an in game option you can turn off and on? Looking forward to playing. It looks great.

Reply #45 on: April 18, 2018, 02:49:34 PM
I am new to playing 17, I saw in the description it is full season ready. Do you have to download a seasons mod, or is it just an in game option you can turn off and on? Looking forward to playing. It looks great.
I believe all you need is the seasons mod and your good to go everything else in imbedded.

Reply #46 on: April 20, 2018, 08:47:09 AM
I believe all you need is the seasons mod and your good to go everything else in imbedded.

So, when I download the latest map version, it will not have seasons enabled? I'm not a seasons fan.

Thx
Arc

Reply #47 on: April 20, 2018, 01:59:42 PM
If Seasons in enabled in a map, you DO NOT have to have the Seasons mod to play the map, just like Chopped Straw.
A descendant of farmers, I'm the entire IT department for a small, rural-town library.

Reply #48 on: April 20, 2018, 04:52:56 PM
To clarify, if a map is seasons enabled, you can play it with or without having the seasons mod enabled.  if you want to play it like a normal map, then don't enable the seasons mod.  If you do want to play the map with seasons, enable it.

Reply #49 on: April 21, 2018, 08:47:09 AM
To clarify, if a map is seasons enabled, you can play it with or without having the seasons mod enabled.  if you want to play it like a normal map, then don't enable the seasons mod.  If you do want to play the map with seasons, enable it.

Thx for your helpful and quick reply.