American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

July 17, 2019, 10:41:45 PM

Author Topic: Countyline2  (Read 8909 times)

Re: Countyline2
Reply #50 on: December 24, 2017, 05:30:53 PM
The seasons mod says that bales start to degrade after two days. It also says that hay will disappear in the rain and snow. This is very unrealistic. The point of baling hay is to have it last for years. I could see losing a certain amount of quality during rain and snow but that would be it. I was just wondering why hay degrades so fast. I haven't played on a map with the seasons mod much yet.

I didn't get much experience with Hay growing up, as we did not cut hay as part of our farm. However, I would assume that if you do nothing to protect the bail and it gets wet, then the quality of said bale will continue to decline. Eventually, this will lead to the bale being worthless.

Reply #51 on: December 25, 2017, 12:54:27 AM
Any of you getting just a slight lag every 30 to 45 sec? Running all the same mods as County Line 1 aside from the Tool Box, Repair Mods, and JD 4045 Sprayer. I don't believe they would cause it. I had some lag in County Line 1, but nothing like what I am getting now. Not sure if it is the upgraded map that is causing it to include the Seasons Mod and Midwest Seasons Mod. Like I said it is not a huge difference, just a very slight hesitation every 30 to 45 sec give or take. It is a bit of an annoyance though.

Post Merge: December 25, 2017, 01:01:49 AM
Attached is my log. Have a few errors, but doubt they are causing it.

Also what is weird, I don't have the Map Picture when I load the game..it is just a blank screen. Rather odd.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 01:01:49 AM by Bushmaster77 »

Reply #52 on: December 25, 2017, 12:57:53 PM
Any of you getting just a slight lag every 30 to 45 sec? Running all the same mods as County Line 1 aside from the Tool Box, Repair Mods, and JD 4045 Sprayer. I don't believe they would cause it. I had some lag in County Line 1, but nothing like what I am getting now. Not sure if it is the upgraded map that is causing it to include the Seasons Mod and Midwest Seasons Mod. Like I said it is not a huge difference, just a very slight hesitation every 30 to 45 sec give or take. It is a bit of an annoyance though.

Post Merge: December 25, 2017, 01:01:49 AM
Attached is my log. Have a few errors, but doubt they are causing it.

Also what is weird, I don't have the Map Picture when I load the game..it is just a blank screen. Rather odd.

I see several things in  your log that could be the problem.  Your John Deere 8R mod has several errors which can slow your comp.  If you don't know how to fix the issues, I'd stop using that mod.  Also, the F350 mod is also slowing you down. 

The LUA call stacks are slowing you down but I'm not an expert on that, but if you remove your JD 8R and F350 mods that might clear the LUA call stack.

For the map problems, I'd try a fresh download of the map.  A couple of the errors I see I've fixed since the version you have.  Hope that helps.

Reply #53 on: December 25, 2017, 06:06:32 PM
I see several things in  your log that could be the problem.  Your John Deere 8R mod has several errors which can slow your comp.  If you don't know how to fix the issues, I'd stop using that mod.  Also, the F350 mod is also slowing you down. 

The LUA call stacks are slowing you down but I'm not an expert on that, but if you remove your JD 8R and F350 mods that might clear the LUA call stack.

For the map problems, I'd try a fresh download of the map.  A couple of the errors I see I've fixed since the version you have.  Hope that helps.

Hmmm interesting since I run the same mods on Mills County with no lag at all. Ill see if I can find a different 8R and F350. I might be running a different version of the 8R from what I was before...but I can't remember exactly.

A fresh download would be nice, but I would lose what I have done to the map....namely the work I did on the grain bins to fix the leg and pipe routing.

I really appreciate your help though. Thank you very much and Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 06:08:21 PM by Bushmaster77 »

Reply #54 on: December 29, 2017, 10:00:49 AM
Can I play this version without seasons?

Thx

Reply #55 on: December 29, 2017, 01:16:57 PM
Can I play this version without seasons?

Thx

Yes you can.  You'll be able to see the green snow mask unless you do the quick fix mentioned before in this support topic.

Reply #56 on: December 30, 2017, 10:28:27 AM
Yes you can.  You'll be able to see the green snow mask unless you do the quick fix mentioned before in this support topic.

OK, after a few attempts with Notepad++  *facepalm*, it is working without green lines and seasons. Thanks for the help!

Arc

Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 06:51:10 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone has actually got snow in there savegame on this map? I have had 3 winters with the seasons mod already and have had no snow...?

Reply #58 on: January 12, 2018, 08:48:39 PM
I'm five days into my first winter and haven't had snow yet.  Does anyone know where to unload wool at Black Sheep.  I tried unloading pallets at several places and haven't had any luck yet. 

Reply #59 on: January 15, 2018, 07:53:12 PM
My son and I are having a great time playing this map, but we are having trouble finding a sell point for logs.  We figured it would probably be up in the NE corner with all of the logging infrastructure but we can't seem to find a sell trigger anywhere.  Please advise.

Reply #60 on: January 16, 2018, 01:47:49 PM
For the wool sell point, it's under the pull through canopy on the north side of the building.

There is no sell point for wood, so you'll have to use a mod to get a sell point.

For the weather, I used the weather values from the Midwest GEO mod.  Frequency of snow should match the midwest GEO mod.  If you want to change it, feel free to.  You can also pull the "seasons_weather" file from another map (Mills County, No Creek, etc...) and replace the one with this map. 

Reply #61 on: January 17, 2018, 08:09:33 PM
Ok thanks! So which map gets alot of snow then...to replace the file with?  ;D  And will that affect my savegame on county line?

Post Merge: January 17, 2018, 08:17:12 PM
What xml document am i replacing with what?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:17:12 PM by DillonFarms »

Reply #62 on: January 18, 2018, 10:16:21 AM
Just wanted to let you know that the dog and horse sound files in ".\maps\sounds" are named incorrectly and throw a "could not load" error in the log. The extension in zip is .WAV, and it's looking for .wav. It's an easy fix, I just renamed them and rezipped. Just figured you'd like to know.

Nice conversion! Thank you for the hard work.

[hat tipped]

Reply #63 on: January 18, 2018, 10:57:49 AM
Ok thanks! So which map gets alot of snow then...to replace the file with?  ;D  And will that affect my savegame on county line?

Post Merge: January 17, 2018, 08:17:12 PM
What xml document am i replacing with what?

Unzip the Countyline_Seasons folder, then in that folder replace the seasons_weather.xml file with another one of the same name from another map, or edit the existing seasons_weather to what you want.  You can also adjust the seasons_daylight.xml to whatever latitude you want so you get realistic daylight.  I did this to make the latitude the same as our farm.

Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 08:07:31 PM
Thank you!

Post Merge: January 18, 2018, 08:23:31 PM
Ok i have done so and tried re-loading back into game a few times and nothing worked?  I replaced the xml from mills county and put it into county line, i then came back into my game and the weather forecast shows snow but i have fast forwarded through the day twice and still no snow .. ? Your help is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:23:31 PM by DillonFarms »

Reply #65 on: January 20, 2018, 11:11:34 AM
Thank you for the tip on the wool sell point.   

Reply #66 on: January 20, 2018, 11:37:30 AM
Thank you!

Post Merge: January 18, 2018, 08:23:31 PM
Ok i have done so and tried re-loading back into game a few times and nothing worked?  I replaced the xml from mills county and put it into county line, i then came back into my game and the weather forecast shows snow but i have fast forwarded through the day twice and still no snow .. ? Your help is much appreciated.

I'm not an expert on editing the weather to add more snow, so you might want to head over to FS-UK and look at the support topic for the seasons mod over there. 

The other think you could do is look at the default seasons_weather and compare values and see what the difference is.  Or if you want to just use the default seasons mod settings, remove the seasons xmls from the map folder (don't delete, just move them somewhere else) so the game will use the default seasons values.  Don't move the seasons_growth and seasons_textures, just the others.  Hope this helps.

Reply #67 on: January 20, 2018, 11:53:39 AM
Thanks!

Post Merge: January 20, 2018, 01:46:45 PM
Also wondering why, when I have my settings on 3 stages of fertilizer the different shades of blue are all messed up on the map screen? and parts of the field dont take and some do?? For now I have just been playing on one stage for fertilizer now because I wasnt sure if I was then just wasting my money on spray on the parts that dont show up any darker blue than the first stage.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 01:46:45 PM by DillonFarms »

Reply #68 on: March 27, 2018, 11:38:09 PM
 I was wondering if you could add in Sugar Cane and Cotton? Sugar Cane could be sold at the sugar beet place and cotton at the wool sell point.

Reply #69 on: March 28, 2018, 05:58:49 PM
I can't seem to download the map, I'm not sure what's wrong. Can anybody help?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

Reply #70 on: March 28, 2018, 11:35:06 PM
I won't be adding extra fruits to the map, but if you want to, there's plenty of tutorials out there to add those crops to the map.

The download link works fine for me.  It directs to google drive, but still downloads.

Reply #71 on: April 26, 2018, 06:38:33 AM
I am having problems cleaning up around the Hog feeder. Is there a way to clean it up or does table manors work with seasons without screwing it up?

Reply #72 on: April 26, 2018, 07:30:30 AM
I am having problems cleaning up around the Hog feeder. Is there a way to clean it up or does table manors work with seasons without screwing it up?
My experience is that table manners and seasons work together with out issue on other maps.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Reply #73 on: April 26, 2018, 10:33:38 AM
Animal Table Manners works just fine.  I actually don't play a map without it anymore. 

Reply #74 on: November 29, 2018, 01:34:12 AM
I was just wondering if there is any plans to bring this map to FS19? not trying to rush anyone or anything as I know it takes time.