American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 17, 2019, 09:16:22 AM

Author Topic: Countyline2  (Read 9690 times)

Offline aklein

Re: Countyline2
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 07:41:19 AM »
On courseplay I would also if you used the old countyline to delete any saved courses.  this can sometimes be required or helpful if you update courseplay.  there is a courseplay folder in the farmsim folder and in that there should be folders for each map.  just delete the ones that relate to county line and see if that helps.

aka youtube persona Farmer Klein
Map First Impression videos
How to Videos
Lets play on [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBu5F0DqyhKHnPSvsSWZDPl4v9GOgb1J

Offline tractor16

• 5th generation farmer | Agribusiness and Agronomy
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
Thank you so much for the conversion.  One question though, where is the trigger to drop off or pick up cattle on the dairy farm?
If it ain't Red, it stays in the shed... Unless its a yellow RoGator

Offline Bushmaster77

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2017, 10:44:01 PM »
Can I swap the new grain bin pack with the previous version? The new one with the downspout running through the leg bothers me. Would prefer swapping it out with the previous version since I believe the only change to that pack was the downspout being moved to the other side. Would I need to add triggers or would they already be in place? This would need to be done in Giants Editor correct? If so how do I go about it?

Thanks much!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:51:07 PM by Bushmaster77 »

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2017, 10:47:22 PM »
Thank you so much for the conversion.  One question though, where is the trigger to drop off or pick up cattle on the dairy farm?

It's back by where all the pens are when you first pull into the dairy farm from the south, before the calf shelters.

Offline mitchaeld

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2017, 07:50:27 PM »
How do we feed the hogs? Can I run an auger up to the top of the hopper bins, or is there a trigger that I can't find with my semi? Thanks

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2017, 09:20:31 PM »
I never have done hogs on this map, but here's a pic with the triggers.

Offline tractor16

• 5th generation farmer | Agribusiness and Agronomy
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2017, 11:15:00 PM »
It's back by where all the pens are when you first pull into the dairy farm from the south, before the calf shelters.
Ahhh facepalm on my part.  Thanks for the help.
If it ain't Red, it stays in the shed... Unless its a yellow RoGator

Offline aklein

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2017, 09:32:37 AM »
Any idea if your going to update the version here to incorporate the invisible snow mask for non season players?

How to Videos
Lets play on [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBu5F0DqyhKHnPSvsSWZDPl4v9GOgb1J

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2017, 10:20:21 AM »
Any idea if your going to update the version here to incorporate the invisible snow mask for non season players?
You can open your county line and in the maps/map01 folder change the snow mask diffuses as shown. This will make the mask invisible.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline aklein

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 04:54:43 PM »
You can open your county line and in the maps/map01 folder change the snow mask diffuses as shown. This will make the mask invisible.

Ya I know how to correct it,  the question was more for the folks who come across my map video of County Line 2 that hit yesterday.  I only had ever opened the map with seasons to show off how it looked with seasons as compared to the orig County Line.  I would have mentioned the green if you don't run seasons but didn't know.

How to Videos

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 09:48:50 PM »
I'm open to putting out an updated version if there are several things that need to be fixed.  For fixing the snow mask to be invisible I won't upload a new version.  That's a relatively easy fix people can do on their own.

Offline FarmerRick

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2017, 11:58:39 PM »
I downloaded V2, started a game, found that rain/snow is falling inside my barns and shops.  I don't know why the snow mask isn't working.  I assumed it was a mod conflict so I deselected all mods except for CL V2 and Seasons.  I am still getting rain/snow inside my buildings.  Any ideas why?  Thanks for all your hard work on this.  I was really hoping someone would make CL Seasons compatible.  Now if only I can play it that way.   :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:38:34 AM by FarmerRick »

Offline Bushmaster77

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2017, 12:09:29 AM »
I downloaded V2, started a game, found that rain/snow is falling inside my barns and shops.  I don't know why the snow mask isn't working.  I assumed it was a mod conflict so I deselected all mods except for CL V2 and Seasons.  I am still getting rain/snow inside my buildings.  Any ideas why?  Do I need to delete V1?  I was kind of hoping to keep that around in case I decide to resume play on my career game in V1.    Thanks for all your hard work on this.  I was really hoping someone would make CL Seasons compatible.  Now if only I can play it that way.   :)

Is your V1 in the mod folder along with V2. I have heard you need to run only one uploaded map at a time, otherwise they can conflict with each other. Not sure if that is it in this case though.

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2017, 01:08:42 AM »
I downloaded V2, started a game, found that rain/snow is falling inside my barns and shops.  I don't know why the snow mask isn't working.  I assumed it was a mod conflict so I deselected all mods except for CL V2 and Seasons.  I am still getting rain/snow inside my buildings.  Any ideas why?  Do I need to delete V1?  I was kind of hoping to keep that around in case I decide to resume play on my career game in V1.    Thanks for all your hard work on this.  I was really hoping someone would make CL Seasons compatible.  Now if only I can play it that way.   :)

Just move your V1 map to a different folder if you want to save it for later.  Also, when you say you have rain/snow falling inside your buildings, are you saying the particles are in the air or do you have snow accumulating inside the buildings?  You'll still see snowflakes, but no snow should show on the ground in your buildings.

Offline FarmerRick

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2017, 08:39:24 AM »
Yeah, I went ahead and deleted the V1 folder and game.  The changes in V2 are really important to me - the silos only holding 150,000L was really bothersome.  I truly appreciate this update to this map.

So V1 conflict is not the problem.

I see rain drops/snow flakes falling inside the building.  I have not yet seen accumulation on the floor of the building.  My primary concern with this is how bales will behave that have been stored in these buildings.  The aesthetics of seeing drops inside the building does not bother me so much as would having a bunch of hay/straw disappear.  My understanding/expectation though is that the snow mask will keep the drops from appearing in the buildings.  Is that not the case?

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2017, 09:09:55 AM »
Yeah, I went ahead and deleted the V1 folder and game.  The changes in V2 are really important to me - the silos only holding 150,000L was really bothersome.  I truly appreciate this update to this map.

So V1 conflict is not the problem.

I see rain drops/snow flakes falling inside the building.  I have not yet seen accumulation on the floor of the building.  My primary concern with this is how bales will behave that have been stored in these buildings.  The aesthetics of seeing drops inside the building does not bother me so much as would having a bunch of hay/straw disappear.  My understanding/expectation though is that the snow mask will keep the drops from appearing in the buildings.  Is that not the case?
The snow mask keeps it from appearing on the ground and thus protects the bales in the Building. The rain drops and snow flakes appearing in building is a Giants game engine issue the way I understand it.

Offline FarmerRick

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2017, 09:00:41 PM »
Well, my son and I just tested it and unfortunately bales are not deteriorating/disappearing when it rains or snows.  So this is behaving the same as V1 did without the snow masks.  I have deleted V1 folder and I am not using any mods other than Seasons.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone else have any ideas for me to try?

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2017, 11:32:56 PM »
Your reply is a little confusing, FarmerRick.  As JohnDeere 1952 said, even with snow mask, you will still see rain or snow falling inside the buildings.  It's a game limitation that can't be changed at this time.  No snow will accumulate inside those buildings and your bales will not rot.  If you want to test it, put some bales inside the buildings and then some on open ground and you will see those out in the open rot while those in the building will be fine.

Offline FarmerRick

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2017, 05:25:34 AM »
Yeah, I should clarify.  We set one round and one square bale INSIDE a building, and we set one round and one square bale outside.  The ones OUTSIDE did not deteriorate. 

Turns out that my son had not deselected all of our other mods before this experiment.  I repeated it without any other mods besides Seasons and Game Extension and I see where the bales are deteriorating using Farmer's Touch.  My apologies guys.  This is obviously a mod conflict.  Now I have to go through the process of figuring out which one is the culprit.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 06:07:12 AM by FarmerRick »

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2017, 10:18:58 AM »
No worries.  Mod conflicts are the source of a lot of problems in FS17.  Glad you got it figured out.

Offline kovaos

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2017, 03:20:46 PM »
Hy. I'm using Silage silo mod (http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming-simulator-2017-mods/fs17-placeable-objects/fs17-silage-silo-upk-v-0-6/) and it's works perfectly on all other maps with course play. I'm using it even on County line without season and it's works ok. My tractor detects the trigger but it wont dump the grass, it only pas the over the dumping area. On manual driving I can dump the grass without any problem. The problem only exist on County line seasons map. Pls help what could be a problem.

Offline Wesly

• Regular
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2017, 04:18:29 PM »
 Why do bales degrade so soon?

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2017, 04:39:54 PM »
Why do bales degrade so soon?
What type bales are you referring to? Grass ,hay or straw?

Offline Wesly

• Regular
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2017, 10:34:29 AM »
What type bales are you referring to? Grass ,hay or straw?

The seasons mod says that bales start to degrade after two days. It also says that hay will disappear in the rain and snow. This is very unrealistic. The point of baling hay is to have it last for years. I could see losing a certain amount of quality during rain and snow but that would be it. I was just wondering why hay degrades so fast. I haven't played on a map with the seasons mod much yet.

Offline donaldEpott

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2017, 04:54:12 PM »
Wonder if you could add in sugar cane into the map?