American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

July 17, 2019, 10:38:53 PM

Author Topic: Countyline2  (Read 8906 times)

Countyline2
on: December 08, 2017, 05:08:39 PM
Countyline2

http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1607

Here is my County Line edit that I've worked a lot on to get it fully Seasons mod compatible.  It took a long time, but I wanted to make sure this edit lived up to the original maker's standards.  The foliage layer required a lot rework, the course play issues have been fixed, and I've cleaned up some of the various things around the map, including adding seed and fertilizer triggers to the main farm.  The starting vehicles has also been updated so that you can actually use them if you want to start from scratch. 

A big thank you to Blueweb for the original map and giving permission for this edit to be released.
Thanks to ccs101 over at FS-UK for the help in fixing the foliage layer issues.
Thanks to Spanky for the play testing and feedback.
Thanks to the AEM community for the help in getting this edit that took well over 50 hours to do!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:07:56 AM by MikeLowery »

Re: Countyline2
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 10:30:02 PM
Thank you for the map, have one question though what is the difference between countyline2 and countyline edit?

Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 11:24:16 PM
They're the same map that I've been working on.  For some reason I couldn't upload the map, so Mike took care of it.  It really should be titled "County Line Seasons" so you know what it's about.

Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 12:09:45 AM
Great job! This will require an all new game correct? Does anyone know if there a way to transfer your old County Line data over to the new map? The seasons mod has to be added, or is it already in the map. I like the seasons mod, but I would prefer a winter with little to no snow. Is that possible or would a new program have to be written for it? I apologize for the questions, but would appreciate any clarification.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 12:15:44 AM by Bushmaster77 »

Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 01:11:26 AM
Yes, a new save game will be required because there's lot of foliage changes, and I changed the name of the map to County_Line_Seasons.  You should be able to copy the "careerSavegame", "cultivator_density.gdm", "economy", "fruit_density.gdm", "fruit_density_growthstate", and "vehicles" to the new savegame.

You'll need to run the seasons mod, but the geo files are within the map itself, so if you can edit those to change your weather. 

Also, I forgot to mention I added triggers to the main farm.  The seed and liquid fertilizer is in the shed where the bags are, and the solid fert I put on the small silo just outside the building where the other triggers are.

Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 05:49:21 AM
hi, i love this map, i got it down loaded and its working, but i dont have the bar showing the seasons, or anything to change it, am i missing something, or dont have something installed, frist time messing around with this, thanks for any light on this,

Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 07:16:45 AM
hi, i love this map, i got it down loaded and its working, but i dont have the bar showing the seasons, or anything to change it, am i missing something, or dont have something installed, frist time messing around with this, thanks for any light on this,
Do you have the seasons mod installed?
http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.php?lang=en&country=us&mod_id=79288&title=fs2017
 Also if you still have issues then please post your log text using the code tags (#) key above the smiley's. And be certain you have no other maps or mods in your folder except for those required for your current gameplay map.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:24:01 AM by JohnDeere1952 »

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 07:30:36 AM
i have that downloaded, i put it in the mod folder, but then it crashed, so i guessing  don't have it installed right, thanks, i follow the instrustion on there site, i guessing mess something on there, thanks angin,

Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 09:04:52 AM
i have that downloaded, i put it in the mod folder, but then it crashed, so i guessing  don't have it installed right, thanks, i follow the instrustion on there site, i guessing mess something on there, thanks angin,
Post your log found at "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2017\log.txt"
 your path may very

Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 09:13:52 AM
I have an unsupported mod description. how do I fix it?

Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 11:47:14 AM
I have an unsupported mod description. how do I fix it?
Have you updated to patch 1.5.1 This map is version 38 requiring the new patch.
http://www.farming-simulator.com/updates.php?lang=en&country=us
Or do you have an older version of the seasons mod?
 Also posting your log text would be very helpful.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:54:04 AM by JohnDeere1952 »

Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 07:52:22 PM
I have a bright green grass on all my shop floors.

Reply #12 on: December 10, 2017, 12:37:36 AM
That's the snow mask showing, which means you don't have season's mod enabled.

Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 10:00:14 AM
OK. I thought that it was suppose to be seasons compatible, but work without it too. I'll stick with the original since I'm not running seasons.

Countyline2
Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 10:21:56 AM
 U have to swap the mask to invisible in the map01 file.  That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 10:32:54 AM
I downloaded it yesterday and I am really impressed with what you have done!

Thank you very much for the tip on how to transfer my previous game on County Line to this one. I figured it out for the most part, but since my beans are ready to harvest in the spring and that is not accurate I am just going to start a new game.

I do have a some questions/comments for you though:

1. I thought you previously mentioned of taking the jagged edges out of the fields? Was this not possible due to A/I course play? I imagine I can take them out with plowing.

2. While I like how you put the grain bin downspout on the other side of the bins, running the downspout through the grain dryer leg (pipe) is not accurate in my opinion.

3. The yellow highway divider lines, some of lines are not painted/joined smoothly going around corners and bends. Is that not a feasible fix?

4. With the seasons mod you have option to maintain your equipment at the shop versus paying a higher price at a dealer. Did you include that "trigger"/"icon" on the home farm, or do we have to add a shop and/or that feature to the farm ourselves?

Overall, just an awesome job, really impressed. I really like the new foliage look to everything...it really is breathtaking. I can't imagine how much work went into it. Thank you for taking copious amounts of your personal time to do this for us all. Kudos to you sir!

Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 11:18:16 AM
4. With the seasons mod you have option to maintain your equipment at the shop versus paying a higher price at a dealer. Did you include that "trigger"/"icon" on the home farm, or do we have to add a shop and/or that feature to the farm ourselves?!
As for that question you could also download my service truck on this site that will repair your vehicles in the field.
http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1594

Reply #17 on: December 10, 2017, 12:13:47 PM
U have to swap the mask to invisible in the map01 file.  That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used the advise from the seasons manual here (https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/seasons/manual/modding/maps/seasons-mask#finishing-up-for-publishing) and changed the ssSnowMask to 0 in the map01.i3d file. Now it looks good.

Post Merge: December 10, 2017, 01:39:44 PM
Yes, a new save game will be required because there's lot of foliage changes, and I changed the name of the map to County_Line_Seasons.  You should be able to copy the "careerSavegame", "cultivator_density.gdm", "economy", "fruit_density.gdm", "fruit_density_growthstate", and "vehicles" to the new savegame.
I couldn't copy over what I stuck-through above without messing up the new map.

You also have to edit the careerSavegame.xml to change
        <mapId>FS17_CountyLine.SampleModMap</mapId>
to
        <mapId>FS17_CountyLine_Seasons.SampleModMap</mapId>
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:39:44 PM by Phantoms »

Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 02:44:49 PM
Can I turn the manual ignition off? It's disabled in the game menu

Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 04:26:02 PM
I downloaded it yesterday and I am really impressed with what you have done!

Thank you very much for the tip on how to transfer my previous game on County Line to this one. I figured it out for the most part, but since my beans are ready to harvest in the spring and that is not accurate I am just going to start a new game.

I do have a some questions/comments for you though:

1. I thought you previously mentioned of taking the jagged edges out of the fields? Was this not possible due to A/I course play? I imagine I can take them out with plowing.

2. While I like how you put the grain bin downspout on the other side of the bins, running the downspout through the grain dryer leg (pipe) is not accurate in my opinion.

3. The yellow highway divider lines, some of lines are not painted/joined smoothly going around corners and bends. Is that not a feasible fix?

4. With the seasons mod you have option to maintain your equipment at the shop versus paying a higher price at a dealer. Did you include that "trigger"/"icon" on the home farm, or do we have to add a shop and/or that feature to the farm ourselves?

Overall, just an awesome job, really impressed. I really like the new foliage look to everything...it really is breathtaking. I can't imagine how much work went into it. Thank you for taking copious amounts of your personal time to do this for us all. Kudos to you sir!

1.  I had plans to fix all the field edges, but I just ran out of time.  I just wanted to get it done.  I just fix it by running a disc around the edge of the field to straighten it all out when I first buy it.

2.  I know it wasn't realistic, but it was the easiest fix. 

3.  I didn't touch anything with the roads, so that's how they were.  Probably a pain to fix.

4.  I didn't add the shop to the farm.  I didn't even think about that, sorry.  Probably should have.

Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 06:36:25 PM

Just google the toolbox mod. The toolbox is a peaceable that you can buy and carry around (just don't lose it). I just put it inside he shop portion of the shed at the main farm. You can do everything with that.

Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 07:45:39 PM
Game just crashed while I was making a course for courseplay. Any help would be great

Thanks for a great map 

Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 08:08:32 PM
Game just crashed while I was making a course for courseplay. Any help would be great

Thanks for a great map
Have you succeeded in making any courses for courseplay? I am running lower specs than you(FX 4300 and gtx 750) and set up some courses on field 15. They set up slowly but they did succeed.
 You might try zipping the map file to save approx .7 GB space.
 I really can't see what caused the issue,unless you have a mod conflict.

Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 08:17:23 PM

Thanks for a great map

I'd try using the currently released version of courseplay instead of the developmental version.

Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 12:27:22 AM
1.  I had plans to fix all the field edges, but I just ran out of time.  I just wanted to get it done.  I just fix it by running a disc around the edge of the field to straighten it all out when I first buy it.

2.  I know it wasn't realistic, but it was the easiest fix. 

3.  I didn't touch anything with the roads, so that's how they were.  Probably a pain to fix.

4.  I didn't add the shop to the farm.  I didn't even think about that, sorry.  Probably should have.

I appreciate your timely response. No need to apologize, this was quite the undertaking. Thanks again!