July 06, 2020, 11:56:56 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

American Eagles Modding Forums

Author Topic: [Released] Midwest Horizon 4x Map  (Read 34661 times)

Offline craigoryjamison (OP)

• CBJ Midwest Modding
    • Facebook: CBJ Midwest Modding
[Released] Midwest Horizon 4x Map
« on: July 06, 2017, 06:13:31 PM »
Some people may already know about this project but i feel that it has been moving along well enough to put it up on here as a WIP.  The map is a 4x4 map of  real locations that are near to where i live near Grand Lake St. Mary's in Ohio.  The name of the map is Midwest Horizon.  Fields will range in size.  For example the smallest field is a 1/2 acre hay field while the largest is about a 150 acres.  Most fields range in size between, 5,10,20,40, and  80 acres.  I will try to post as many pictures and updates as this project moves along. So far the map is at 40% completion.  There will probably be a beta version release closer to the finish of the map for finding bugs and small problems such as terrain issues.  So far the layout of the map will contain the following.

2 Small Towns
At least 8 Farms
No forestry
No drive able train
Seasons Mod Capable
Changes are expected....

If you have questions along the way they are more then welcome.

Thanks for looking, Craig - CBJ Midwest Modding
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 03:15:37 PM by craigoryjamison »

Offline fordman992

• I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
Re: [WIP] Midwest Horizon 4x Map
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 06:33:07 PM »
 :o That's an amazing map!!! I can't wait! I know the first thing I'll do is find the smallest farm on there and put all my vintage hay equipment to work! Keep it up!!!
trap-logo" border="0

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 06:41:18 PM »
:o That's an amazing map!!! I can't wait! I know the first thing I'll do is find the smallest farm on there and put all my vintage hay equipment to work! Keep it up!!!

That would probably be farm #6, the farms total acreage is 30 acres. The largest field is 6 acres and the smallest is 1/2 acre.  There are also some 10 acre and other small fields near by.

The barn on farm 6 is still in the very very early stages of modeling.  Only the foundations has been placed as a place holder in the map.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:54:30 PM by craigoryjamison »

Offline Ag Hauler

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 07:13:28 PM »
Wow this looks phenomenal and looking through the pictures I can think of a thousand questions to ask as well as some suggestions. Are you planning on leaving places for placeables? With all of the placeable industry that has been created over the last year it adds something to the game to be able to own your own "factory" and creates an additional market for grain, wood products, and animal products. Maybe you could incorporate this into one of your towns as a mini placeable industrial park. I wouldn't leave a lot of space for it just a couple of flat lots. Sometimes it's nice to be able to expand the farm this way as well. With help from a friend I actually have some of your buildings made into placeables. What about grain storage? Is this something for the placeable bin and auger packs (My personal favorite)? You mentioned not having forestry on the map but I see a lot of trees. Are the trees able to be cut? I too like to start with vintage equipment on small farms but there really aren't any big maps that this is an option on currently. I can see this being a map I could get into. I love the pictures, Great work so far. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing the finished product. (y) (y)

Offline ddversatile

• Oh the places we will go--Giants Editor
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 07:17:08 PM »
This map looks phenomenal, especially with CBJ's Great buildings!

Offline Ag Hauler

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 07:26:14 PM »
I just saw your response to fordman992. Those are phenomenal pictures and that looks like a perfect starter farm for me. :)

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 07:27:42 PM »
Wow this looks phenomenal and looking through the pictures I can think of a thousand questions to ask as well as some suggestions. Are you planning on leaving places for placeables? With all of the placeable industry that has been created over the last year it adds something to the game to be able to own your own "factory" and creates an additional market for grain, wood products, and animal products. Maybe you could incorporate this into one of your towns as a mini placeable industrial park. I wouldn't leave a lot of space for it just a couple of flat lots. Sometimes it's nice to be able to expand the farm this way as well. With help from a friend I actually have some of your buildings made into placeables. What about grain storage? Is this something for the placeable bin and auger packs (My personal favorite)? You mentioned not having forestry on the map but I see a lot of trees. Are the trees able to be cut? I too like to start with vintage equipment on small farms but there really aren't any big maps that this is an option on currently. I can see this being a map I could get into. I love the pictures, Great work so far. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing the finished product. (y) (y)

Leaving room for a small place-able industrial park is a great idea and one i had not thought about.  Yes the trees along the creeks and in the farm yards are able to be cut,  the woods right now are not but that might change.  There will still be a sawmill if someone would chose to cut down a tree but there will be no (pine tree forest) on the map.  Yes i too like the place-able bins and will be leaving room for the, on the farms.   I probably will not be leaving room for place-able buildings though.  Im glad you like how the map looks so far.  I like the size range of the fields because it leaves the option of playing with large equipment and older smaller equipment.

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 07:29:39 PM »
This map looks phenomenal, especially with CBJ's Great buildings!

Thanks, the buildings that have been made were all in the works to make this map.

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 07:31:31 PM »
I just saw your response to fordman992. Those are phenomenal pictures and that looks like a perfect starter farm for me. :)

It is a great starter farm and one i know well.  The small baling pictures above were all from the field at the bottom of the picture that i replied to fordman992.

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 07:49:35 PM »
I replaced the trees i had in the map because it was easier then incorporating the old trees into the seasons mod for the map.  So after changing them this is how they look in one full season.

Offline slowboat

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 08:36:10 PM »
I like how you did those trees. They are looking good.

Offline fordman992

• I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 10:59:15 PM »
That would probably be farm #6, the farms total acreage is 30 acres. The largest field is 6 acres and the smallest is 1/2 acre.  There are also some 10 acre and other small fields near by.

The barn on farm 6 is still in the very very early stages of modeling.  Only the foundations has been placed as a place holder in the map.
Yeah, that looks perfect! Can't wait to use it! I'll definitely spend plenty of hours on this map, provided my GPU can handle it! Speaking of which, what kind of fps are you getting in-game with this map? I have a 2Gb card and it lags on NW Texas and County Line, although not as bad on County Line. I can play County Line just fine except when I face certain buildings. NW Texas lags whenever I face a certain direction. Dakota 16 doesn't lag but is a bit too big... Too bad just the plain old 4x Salem South Dakota wasn't converted. I like Dakota 16 but again, it' just too big and distances are too great. Well, again, great work and keep it up! I'll definitely be watching the progress closely!
trap-logo" border="0

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 06:57:43 PM »
Yeah, that looks perfect! Can't wait to use it! I'll definitely spend plenty of hours on this map, provided my GPU can handle it! Speaking of which, what kind of fps are you getting in-game with this map? I have a 2Gb card and it lags on NW Texas and County Line, although not as bad on County Line. I can play County Line just fine except when I face certain buildings. NW Texas lags whenever I face a certain direction. Dakota 16 doesn't lag but is a bit too big... Too bad just the plain old 4x Salem South Dakota wasn't converted. I like Dakota 16 but again, it' just too big and distances are too great. Well, again, great work and keep it up! I'll definitely be watching the progress closely!

I have not yet looked at the fps of the map, I do t believe it is far enough along to get a good number but it is a concern of mine.

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 12:02:10 PM »
More work as been done.  I have been working on alot of the minor detail work like adding in some of the woods, and getting field boundaries in place.  Also farm 4 has started to take shape.

Offline Farmers Dog

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 06:01:38 PM »
Wow looks awesome the buildings look awesome. Keep up the great work

Offline caseman83

• 500+
  • bulls n blood dust n mud & they call it rodeo
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 08:57:50 PM »
looks freaking sweet id play this map indeed i see from the pic that this is 2 track dirt roads will there be mud on the map if not lots of mud is needed especially for mud bogging & a track for truck/tractor pulling.
IF IT AIN'T RED, IT STAYS IN THE SHED INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER FOREVER.

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2017, 06:35:41 AM »
looks freaking sweet id play this map indeed i see from the pic that this is 2 track dirt roads will there be mud on the map if not lots of mud is needed especially for mud bogging & a track for truck/tractor pulling.

As of right now there probably won't be able mud but who knows. The map is young enough things can still change

Offline ddversatile

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2017, 01:56:05 PM »
Is there a mid-small farm? i.e. 80-300 acre farm? Thanks, looks great

dd

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2017, 09:16:12 PM »
Is there a mid-small farm? i.e. 80-300 acre farm? Thanks, looks great

dd

I would have to recount the number of farms but I think there are now 10 farms.  Most of these farms are from real life. The smallest farm is only 40 acres, while the largest farmsalmost 6k acres.  Most farms on this map would fall between 80 acres and 300 acres.  I'm brainstorming ways to try to show the real life farm lands in the pda along with the in game  field numbers.

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 09:19:00 PM »
Worked on laying out a few more farms and also included a local landmark, The Miami Erie Canal.

Offline 812farmer

• 500+
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2017, 01:18:14 PM »
Is that a lagoon pit I see. Looking good

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2017, 03:23:24 PM »
Is that a lagoon pit I see. Looking good

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes it is, it doesn't work right noe but hopefully it will.

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . —Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2017, 04:03:55 PM »
Yes it is, it doesn't work right noe but hopefully it will.
Did you look at this one to see how it is set up?
https://www.fs-uk.com/fs-mods/view/38948/Replacement-liquid-manure-tank-mod-for-fs-17

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

• CBJ Midwest Modding
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »
Did you look at this one to see how it is set up?
https://www.fs-uk.com/fs-mods/view/38948/Replacement-liquid-manure-tank-mod-for-fs-17

No I had not looked at it but that looks like a great start

Offline ddversatile

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 11:18:15 PM »
Question, will all these farms have working bins, Lol would be awesome to store grain at the neighbors yard  :laugh: