American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

July 10, 2020, 04:49:21 AM

Author Topic: FS17 County Line  (Read 63299 times)

Offline cjwilksy

Re: FS17 County Line
« Reply #250 on: November 06, 2017, 07:27:59 PM »
I didn't think about making a blank fruit_density.  I tried it out and it seemed to work alright except that it deleted all of the grass from the entire map.  At this point I think I'll just finish working on the old fruit_density.
True, it will delete the grass (forgot about that) so it may not be any better than what you are doing depending on which is more of a pain in the rear.

Post Merge: November 06, 2017, 07:29:06 PM
Interesting. How does one go about creating a blank one?
Blank starter maps have blank ones.

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #251 on: November 06, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »
Yeah, it is time-consuming to fix the file using paint.net, but it's worse right now to have to put the grass back in.  I've got so many hours into this map edit I'm just plowing ahead to get it done.

Offline tractor16

• 5th generation farmer | Agribusiness and Agronomy
« Reply #252 on: November 06, 2017, 11:11:19 PM »
Which XML file would contain the information to change the capacity of the farm bins?  In my opinion, 2800 bushels is way to low for the size of the bins.  Should be closer to 75000-100000 bushels realistically based on the size of the bins. 
If it ain't Red, it stays in the shed... Unless its a yellow RoGator

Offline Spanky

« Reply #253 on: November 07, 2017, 06:31:32 AM »
Which XML file would contain the information to change the capacity of the farm bins?  In my opinion, 2800 bushels is way to low for the size of the bins.  Should be closer to 75000-100000 bushels realistically based on the size of the bins.

The capacity for the farm silos is in the map.i3d... Search for "FARM_SILO" and look a couple of user attributes farther down at the "capacityPerType" variable...
War is when the government tells you who your enemies are... Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself. -Anon.

Offline Bushmaster77

« Reply #254 on: November 07, 2017, 06:59:52 PM »

We have faith in you! Git er done....or so the saying goes.

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #255 on: November 07, 2017, 10:25:09 PM »
This map is killing me!  Got the fruit_density cleaned up so no more streaks, but still have to spend a lot of time in GE fixing foliage issues that weren't there before!  Grrrrrrrr......

Offline Spanky

« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2017, 07:34:08 AM »
This map is killing me!  Got the fruit_density cleaned up so no more streaks, but still have to spend a lot of time in GE fixing foliage issues that weren't there before!  Grrrrrrrr......

Hi Broncfan,

Have seen some of those issues using Rbk's 8k fruit_density file... Am looking forward to your edit but, remember, this is (supposed to be) all about having fun.

Are we having fun, yet?  ;>0

Regards
Spanky
War is when the government tells you who your enemies are... Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself. -Anon.

Offline Rbk_3

« Reply #257 on: November 08, 2017, 10:46:22 AM »

Tell me about it.
I  the blank fruit_density route and added the grass foliage back in on top of the grass layers and I think I will just give up and wait for your map.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:56:22 AM by Rbk_3 »

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #258 on: November 09, 2017, 09:58:13 AM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys.  I got all the lines out of the fruit_density file and then I lost all the grass in the i3d somehow.  I even went back to previous backups and couldn't get the grass to come back.  Don't know what happened.  So after spending so much time fixing the fruit_density, I now get to go through and add grass back into the map.

Offline Rbk_3

« Reply #259 on: November 10, 2017, 11:57:22 AM »
Thats a shame. You could have just went the blank fruit density route in that case  :(

Offline killerrf

FS17 County Line
« Reply #260 on: November 11, 2017, 09:05:08 AM »
U just take the fruit density grle and convert it to png the open the png in paint net then paint the whole thing black then start ge and save and it turn it back into grle file all blanked out. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2017, 03:32:07 PM »
Well ...

I'm following this thread, and patiently awaiting the outcome of all these hours behind the screen, and having the deepest respect for all the effort being put in to this project ..

I do hope it turns out as good as it deserves - took the FS15 version on my shoulders back then, but couldn't complete it, because the days was to short, and problems was legio ..

In the meantime, it looks like the original author of County Line has abandoned this capsized ship, and set sail with a new vessel ..

It's called Mills County (Google : Mills County by Blueweb) and see for yourself - it's seasons prepared and so on ..

Looks like it's private - and not intended for the the mob ... Or should I rather say : I haven't been able to find anywhere to download it .. So, whatta you know ..

Tom Cat

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:40:17 PM by Tom Cat »
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Offline Phantoms

« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2017, 02:31:49 PM »
Broncfan03, I know it's a ton of work you are pouring into this map and we appreciate it very much. Just know that County Line is now your baby and I hope you feel overwhelmed with joy in your work on it when you're finished with it.

Offline franko3219

« Reply #263 on: November 20, 2017, 04:54:12 PM »
Thank you for your efforts Bronc. Obviously down on the priority list, but would it be possible to add the pig pen to the starting farm? It seems that it was placed below the field by the machinery dealership. When you click on the pig icon, it takes you to the middle of the field.

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #264 on: November 20, 2017, 05:27:09 PM »
Thanks for the votes of confidence fellas.  I've been busy the last couple weeks IRL, but this week things are nice and quiet, so should get some good time in on this map.  Painting all grass back in is just taking forever, but hopefully that's the last big hurdle.

Offline coop_63

« Reply #265 on: November 20, 2017, 09:48:41 PM »
I can wait until the map is out, this is my go to map. I have one question how did you fix the Courseplay issue? I tried replacing the silo grain pit trigger with the original trigger my truck still keep driving by the start and stop position.

Thanks

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #266 on: November 20, 2017, 11:47:10 PM »
I can wait until the map is out, this is my go to map. I have one question how did you fix the Courseplay issue? I tried replacing the silo grain pit trigger with the original trigger my truck still keep driving by the start and stop position.

Thanks

I got the course play issue fixed.  I had to put the load/unload on different sides of the bins so they both weren't in the same saved route.  I just moved the fence back and put in a new road on the other side. 

Offline coop_63

« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2017, 10:15:59 PM »
I got the course play issue fixed.  I had to put the load/unload on different sides of the bins so they both weren't in the same saved route.  I just moved the fence back and put in a new road on the other side.

That did the trick, Thank you

Offline franko3219

« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2017, 08:29:40 AM »
Will editing a map ruin a saved game? For example, the courseplay fix, I'm assuming that triggers can be moved, rezip the file, and be able to load it back up without issue?

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2017, 09:36:12 AM »
Will editing a map ruin a saved game? For example, the courseplay fix, I'm assuming that triggers can be moved, rezip the file, and be able to load it back up without issue?
Normally triggers can be moved without effecting a save game. But in all cases keep a backup of your working map before editing in case something would go wrong.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2017, 11:39:00 AM »

You can move the trigger and be fine, but in the case of the fix I used, you have to clear grass from the other side of the bins for the new road, which whenever you edit your foliage layer you have to start a new game for it to take effect.   Your other option is to move the fence and trigger in GE and then use the ground modification mod to make the new road in game.

http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.php?lang=en&country=us&mod_id=75812&title=fs2017

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #271 on: November 22, 2017, 01:45:36 PM »
You can move the trigger and be fine, but in the case of the fix I used, you have to clear grass from the other side of the bins for the new road, which whenever you edit your foliage layer you have to start a new game for it to take effect.   Your other option is to move the fence and trigger in GE and then use the ground modification mod to make the new road in game.

http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.php?lang=en&country=us&mod_id=75812&title=fs2017

Or maybe not - this mod claims to be able to remove foliage ingame .. As always; remember to try such mods on a copy (a copy of your savegame) Really don't know if it works, but you could try it out, and share your experience with the fora ..  ::)

https://www.simulatorgamemods.com/fs17-grass-be-gone-v1-0-0-1/

Tom Cat
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Offline franko3219

« Reply #272 on: November 22, 2017, 02:28:42 PM »
Or maybe not - this mod claims to be able to remove foliage ingame .. As always; remember to try such mods on a copy (a copy of your savegame) Really don't know if it works, but you could try it out, and share your experience with the fora ..  ::)

https://www.simulatorgamemods.com/fs17-grass-be-gone-v1-0-0-1/

Tom Cat

Thanks for the heads up guys. I also found the actual pig husbandry when I opened GE. Now I am trying to learn how to level land easily (having trouble getting used to the GE tool), so that I can move the pig husbandry over to the main farm. I realize that will have to be redone whenever Bronc is done, but at least I can learn how to do it for now.

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #273 on: November 23, 2017, 09:59:29 PM »
Whew!  After 20+ hours working on it, I finally have the foliage layer all fixed up.  Back to play testing!  Hopefully not too much longer!

Offline cjwilksy

« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2017, 07:43:18 AM »
Thanks for the heads up guys. I also found the actual pig husbandry when I opened GE. Now I am trying to learn how to level land easily (having trouble getting used to the GE tool), so that I can move the pig husbandry over to the main farm. I realize that will have to be redone whenever Bronc is done, but at least I can learn how to do it for now.
Use the "replace" option to level land easily.  It is available in the dropdown menu to assign to either the left/middle/right mouse button where the default is "subtract", for instance, on the right one.