American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 17, 2019, 09:17:45 AM

Author Topic: FS17 County Line  (Read 51812 times)

Offline Finntrucker

Re: FS17 County Line
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »
Yeah, It does not work on firefox even with the extension for browser downloaded, so use CHROME instead. 

Offline slowboat

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 11:04:51 AM »
I used Firefox to download it with no problems. I usually use Microsoft Edge but due to its large size I was not able to use it and I used Firefox instead.

Offline QBaaLLzz

• Regular
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 12:57:42 PM »
I am trying to harvest field 10, and am using courseplay, my tractor offloads the combine then is supposed to go to the home silo, but immediately as it gets on the course, it says "Tip trigger reached" and it is nowhere near the home bin, something I'm doing wrong or is it how the map is made? Never had an issue with this until now.

EDIT: Got it to work, took a different route and started out of the field, took me an hour though haha.

By the way, great map and superb work, thank you for all you've done, blueweb!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:05:04 PM by QBaaLLzz »

Offline RPA78

Re: CountyLine
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 07:16:49 PM »
Animal Hotspots are not where they should be also they have sound errors on startup. Just giving a heads up. Love the map I'm a modder and will fix that myself. Just giving the info for a later update.

also having the same problem

Post Merge: May 17, 2017, 07:17:31 PM
Good evening, I just downloaded the map and it looks and feels great. In the main shed, both the garage doors and normal doors will not close after I open them. Has anyone else had this issue, or am I doing something wrong? Otherwise everything else works fine for me and I cant wait to spend more time playing this map. Thanks!

Also having this problem to

Offline homiesrock

Country Line
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 08:56:08 PM »
Hi everyone I discovered today that an amazing map was just release but I have a problem. You can only download it using Mega and I don't trust that site one bit. Could someone please make a download for it thats on some site like Uploadfiles.eu. I have a 2 thousand computer and I dont want it ruined by virus's.

Post Merge: May 17, 2017, 09:22:31 PM
Nevermind someone uploaded it to American Style Modding
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:22:31 PM by homiesrock »

Offline Nick7

• Regular
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 09:57:32 PM »
Have a question about the seed and fertilizer  in the shed on the main farm are these buyable? If so cant seem to find a fill spot.  also see dark spots in the dirt roads that use to be mud is there mud on the map or am I missing something? makes no difference to me I can  put  Placeables  on farm to take care of seed and fertilizer and I drove around the mud in FS 15.
enjoying the map thanks again for your hard work.

Nick7
 Austin TX.

Offline QBaaLLzz

• Regular
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 10:11:38 PM »
Have a question about the seed and fertilizer  in the shed on the main farm are these buyable? If so cant seem to find a fill spot.  also see dark spots in the dirt roads that use to be mud is there mud on the map or am I missing something? makes no difference to me I can  put  Placeables  on farm to take care of seed and fertilizer and I drove around the mud in FS 15.
enjoying the map thanks again for your hard work.

Nick7
 Austin TX.

Seems to me that the creator purposely made the road spots like that, kind of what it would look like after a rain in real life and makes the road a little less bland. The seed I am pretty sure is just for show, I wondered the same thing because most maps have fill points there. But makes it like real life having to go get your own seed.

Offline Big B 5134

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 11:06:14 PM »
How do you open the doors and garage doors on the sheds

Offline blueweb (OP)

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 01:43:10 AM »
Seems to me that the creator purposely made the road spots like that, kind of what it would look like after a rain in real life and makes the road a little less bland. The seed I am pretty sure is just for show, I wondered the same thing because most maps have fill points there. But makes it like real life having to go get your own seed.

Correct. No mud on this map.  Also, no seed or fert triggers on the farm.  Game comes with placeables that take care of that.  Also allows you to place the bins wherever you want.

Post Merge: May 18, 2017, 01:44:52 AM
How do you open the doors and garage doors on the sheds

Left-click the mouse near them.  You should see the info popup for it in the F1 info box.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:44:52 AM by blueweb »

Offline kovaos

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 03:27:32 AM »
Almost perfect map. Just add a little mud in next version.

Offline homebuilder

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2017, 05:33:50 AM »
Best map I've played with in fs15 and I'm a lot happier its out for fs17!!!! Thank you!!!

I'm having a few small problems with courseplay, when cultivating the tractor just turns in circles at the end of the field and when grain transporting the truck doesn't go to the start of the run to be loaded. I'm using the latest courseplay and really didn't have any issues on the last map I played.

Offline aklein

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2017, 08:16:07 AM »
I am wondering where mapAmpeln can be obtained and what it does.

aka youtube persona Farmer Klein
Map First Impression videos
How to Videos
Lets play on [url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBu5F0DqyhKHnPSvsSWZDPl4v9GOgb1J

Offline Deadstroke87

• Regular
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2017, 08:48:31 AM »
Hey Blueweb
Amazing work yet again. You always seem to blow away the maps on Farming Sim. Appreciate your hard work and dedication to the game and allowing the public to have access to such amazing maps.

Offline Nick7

• Regular
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2017, 05:09:47 PM »
I am wondering where mapAmpeln can be obtained and what it does.

mapAmpeln its a Script creator was Bluebaby210 The script controls the execution of the traffic lights in game. I have not been able to find it for FS 17

Offline hocks23

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2017, 05:57:03 PM »
great to see this map in fs17 just one little problem the fields need to be tidy up alittle on the out side they are very jagged probable to do with the convert and how ge works with fs17. other then that great work :)

Offline MdFarmer73

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »
Id like to know how i can increase the capacity on the farm silo. I cant even harvest one rye field with out filling the silo.

Offline ddversatile

• Oh the places we will go--Giants Editor
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2017, 07:13:25 PM »
great to see this map in fs17 just one little problem the fields need to be tidy up alittle on the out side they are very jagged probable to do with the convert and how ge works with fs17. other then that great work :)
No, this is due to having field missions, they game needs square fields and the only way to have rounded fields with missions is to have many, many little squares.

Offline hocks23

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2017, 07:35:00 PM »
Id like to know how i can increase the capacity on the farm silo. I cant even harvest one rye field with out filling the silo.

get placeable bins they will increase your storage

Offline Darren K

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2017, 07:45:23 PM »
You could get placeables, but the bins at the farm are much bigger than 2,800 bushels, so it it still makes sense to increase their capacity. Open the map i3d file in a text editor, search for capacityPerType, and change it to your heart's content.

Edit: Somewhat related, you could also edit the yields and and make them more realistic (corn is actually on the low side by default without fertilization), as harvests on the sizes of fields in 4x maps can get a bit much by default. For anyone interested in doing that, you can follow what I outlined here. Keep in mind those values would need to be adjusted further to take into account for the 3-step fertilization process in 17, if you have that enabled.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:12:07 PM by Darren K »

Offline MdFarmer73

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2017, 07:57:07 PM »
You could get placeables, but the bins at the farm are much bigger than 2,800 bushels, so it it still makes sense to increase their capacity. Open the map i3d file in a text editor, search for capacityPerType, and change it to your heart's content.

Thanks

Offline twinky_bomb

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2017, 08:26:06 PM »

Edit: Somewhat related, you could also edit the yields and and make them more realistic (corn is actually on the low side by default without fertilization), as harvests on the sizes of fields in 4x maps can get a bit much by default. For anyone interested in doing that, you can follow what I outlined here. Keep in mind those values would need to be adjusted further to take into account for the 3-step fertilization process in 17, if you have that enabled.

What would you say be a more accurate capacity for those bins?

Offline masseyfarmer

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2017, 09:02:47 PM »
I love the map, but I'm having issues with field textures flashing everywhere when I move the camera. Anyone know what's going on?

Offline dudethekid

• Rookie
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2017, 10:19:44 PM »
Is anyone else having some lag issues at the main yard? Just got a gtx 1070 and i play on high so I dont know if it would be on my end. Drops to 45 fps in the yard

Offline MdFarmer73

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2017, 10:23:15 PM »

What adjustments should be made for 3-step fertilization? Have you figured that out yet?

Offline Darren K

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2017, 12:05:50 AM »
What would you say be a more accurate capacity for those bins?
If you know the dimensions, it would be easy to calculate. Tough to say otherwise, but the two larger ones roughly look 12,000-15,000 bu. (1,057,000 liters between the two) to me. That's a rough visual estimate. Maybe they're 20-ish. So, 1.5M liters wouldn't be that out of line for the whole setup, except that the game's economy doesn't make it worthwhile to store or grow anywhere near that much, or even half, unless you like the related sell price challenge. At least I haven't figured out to keep the market stabilized after selling. Changing the time limit and the amount of price drop in whatever XML file those are in had no effect for me when previously messing with the default map edit, and I've seen no discussion on that yet. I would love to know. (Never mind. I tried adjusting the values in the map01.xml file for this map and got the price to barely fluctuate after selling--much better.)

What adjustments should be made for 3-step fertilization? Have you figured that out yet?
From Marc at GIANTS: "Fertilizing once nearly gets you to the FS15 base yield. Two times will put yield slightly above FS15 base. Fertilizing a field 3 times will yield about the same as FS15 did when you only had to fertilize once." Using that info, I would say take your final intended yield amount value I listed in that other thread, then divide it by three. If you want to harvest 85 bu/ac wheat, set your value to .25 L Sq/m. Want 190 bu corn? Use .55 L Sq/m. And so on.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 01:56:38 AM by Darren K »