American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 17, 2019, 09:12:59 AM

Author Topic: FS17 Anhydrous Ammonia Toolbar Applicator Pack  (Read 10734 times)

Offline braindead4554 (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • 500+
FS17 Anhydrous Ammonia Toolbar Applicator Pack
« on: January 18, 2017, 10:24:38 PM »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:34:21 PM by MJD Farms »
]

"The eyes can't see what the mind won't accept."

Offline am98712

Re: FS17 Anhydrous Ammonia Toolbar Applicator Pack
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 02:29:27 AM »
I may be the only one, but the ones that say they cultivate, I haven't gotten any of them to actually cultivate of the ground yet. I am doing something wrong?

Offline Bushhog

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 02:40:54 AM »
I don't believe your doing anything wrong.  The only marks it should leave is behind the injection knives from the tool bar in which makes it look like the real thing.

Offline tigerian

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 08:36:50 AM »
I don't believe your doing anything wrong.  The only marks it should leave is behind the injection knives from the tool bar in which makes it look like the real thing.

While I appreciate the effort to make it more realistic, is there an easy way to modify it to cultivate over the whole area instead of the bits behind the knives? It seems more practical game play wise to have it fully cultivate in my opinion. I've been waiting for this pack to come out since FS17 came out with the multiple fertilization stages and this is the only thing stopping me from obsessively using it.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:35:57 AM by tigerian »

• Global Moderator
  • 500+
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 05:30:30 PM »
An easy way to do this is to go into GE, find the three transgroups (Start  0>1 , Width  0>2  , Height  0>3)  Write down the Translate numbers.   Create three more transgroups and place them in the parent tree of the main group at the end.  Transfer over the numbers you wrote down from earlier.   Save.   

Now open the XML file and look for the section that says   workAreas.   Comment out all but one line.   Now transfer in the node numbers in the correct spot.   Save and Test.

Last step is to enjoy!      Hope this helps anyone wanting these toolbars to cultivate the whole area behind them.
]

Offline tigerian

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »
An easy way to do this is to go into GE, find the three transgroups (Start  0>1 , Width  0>2  , Height  0>3)  Write down the Translate numbers.   Create three more transgroups and place them in the parent tree of the main group at the end.  Transfer over the numbers you wrote down from earlier.   Save.   

Now open the XML file and look for the section that says   workAreas.   Comment out all but one line.   Now transfer in the node numbers in the correct spot.   Save and Test.

Last step is to enjoy!      Hope this helps anyone wanting these toolbars to cultivate the whole area behind them.

That's exactly what I did, thanks for the reply though!

Offline Wadeeb

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 10:52:21 AM »
Thank you for this fantastic pack of tools. With the new fert system in FS17 this really adds to the game. I used them with soilmod in FS15 but I found soilmod too much for me. This will definitely be a part of all my NA style maps where I run the big equipment

:)

• Global Moderator
  • 500+
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 11:31:04 AM »
Thank you for this fantastic pack of tools. With the new fert system in FS17 this really adds to the game. I used them with soilmod in FS15 but I found soilmod too much for me. This will definitely be a part of all my NA style maps where I run the big equipment

:)

I am very glad your having fun with them!   
]

Offline twinky_bomb

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 10:18:08 PM »
While I have no problems with this mod, I hope this question is okay to ask here. I'm not really familiar with how corn is fertilized in real life, so I was wondering when is the most realistic time to start side dressing corn? Like at what stage would be most realistic to real life? I see you can pretty much do it whenever you want in FS, but I would imagine in real life running over your crop would have to destroy a portion of it? Sorry if this doesn't make sense, just trying to play as realisticlly as I can.

Offline 812farmer

• 500+
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 12:31:37 AM »
While I have no problems with this mod, I hope this question is okay to ask here. I'm not really familiar with how corn is fertilized in real life, so I was wondering when is the most realistic time to start side dressing corn? Like at what stage would be most realistic to real life? I see you can pretty much do it whenever you want in FS, but I would imagine in real life running over your crop would have to destroy a portion of it? Sorry if this doesn't make sense, just trying to play as realisticlly as I can.
When we use to side dress we started when the corn was about 4 to 6 inches tall sometimes sooner depending on how much we had to do. In fs this is what I do for corn plant if the planter also fertilize that step one if not I spray right after planting(what we do irl) then second growth fertilize with the tool bars. Third growth spray for weed.

Offline twinky_bomb

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2017, 02:05:22 AM »
So really a realistic way would be to plant with fertilizer, then side dress in early growth stages and spray with something like the New Holland spray rig from Giants at later growth stages?

Offline 812farmer

• 500+
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 01:06:44 AM »
So really a realistic way would be to plant with fertilizer, then side dress in early growth stages and spray with something like the New Holland spray rig from Giants at later growth stages?
Yes that is what I do

Offline twinky_bomb

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 10:27:06 AM »
Is it possible to use the non side dress toolbar, then plow, plant, spray etc? Or will the game not let you?

Offline 812farmer

• 500+
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 10:31:29 AM »
Is it possible to use the non side dress toolbar, then plow, plant, spray etc? Or will the game not let you?
If you want to use the non side dress toolbar. Plow then use it. I changed mine to cultivate the whole width and not just stripes for this reason lol.  There's a lot of farmers that do this irl

Offline twinky_bomb

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 11:38:43 AM »
Okay cool, I'll try that out. What crops is anhydrous used on? Just corn? Or others too?

Offline 812farmer

• 500+
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 07:23:02 PM »
Okay cool, I'll try that out. What crops is anhydrous used on? Just corn? Or others too?
We do it just on corn. We have since switched to urea being spread (case titan) then work it in with a cultivate right before planting but that's because we apply fall and spring hog manure and our toolbar doesn't variable rate yet and it's cost just a little more to have co-op spread but frees a man and tractor up

Offline Bushmaster77

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 01:10:19 AM »
We use it on corn, but instead of using it as a side dress we apply it before planting.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 03:38:52 PM »
I was wondering ...

When using the sidedress applicators in a crop that has sprouted (can be seen) and thinking about the size tractor you need to haul the applicator - and then using the wheel-crop-destruction mod, isn't this gonna give some unfortunate circumstances ?

Or are you using a specific tractor to sidedress in crops that has germinated ?

Tom Cat
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:41:04 PM by Tom Cat »
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Offline am98712

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 09:25:02 PM »
I was wondering ...

When using the sidedress applicators in a crop that has sprouted (can be seen) and thinking about the size tractor you need to haul the applicator - and then using the wheel-crop-destruction mod, isn't this gonna give some unfortunate circumstances ?

Or are you using a specific tractor to sidedress in crops that has germinated ?

Tom Cat

You need to use a tractor that has the narrow wheel attribute

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 01:22:45 PM »
Of course ...  *facepalm*

Any good suggestions - oh, this is probably going to be moved to "Find a mod" ..  ::)

But serious .. Which tractor would you use ? It has to be US style, with narrow row crop twin wheels - And enough HP ... Has to look right ..  8)

Tom Cat
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:52:09 PM by Tom Cat »
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

• Global Moderator
  • 500+
Anhydrous Ammonia Toolbar T60 Behnke Enterprises, Inc.
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 11:03:58 PM »
Anhydrous Ammonia Toolbar T60 Behnke Enterprises, Inc.

http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1560
]

Offline boogYman

Re: Anhydrous Ammonia Toolbar T60 Behnke Enterprises, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 09:51:51 AM »

i tried to Comment and uncomment te sections noted to run this Anhydrous toolbar on a low end pc , just everytime i edit the XML afterwards it wont show up in the store (and out of the saved game aswell)

could anyone show a edited XML so i can figure what im doing wrong

Thnx , Cheers

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 10:10:02 AM »
i tried to Comment and uncomment te sections noted to run this Anhydrous toolbar on a low end pc , just everytime i edit the XML afterwards it wont show up in the store (and out of the saved game aswell)

could anyone show a edited XML so i can figure what im doing wrong

Thnx , Cheers
It would be easier for you to post your xml and then somebody might find the error.
 It looks like an error in the original xml
try this line notice the missing tags <  and />  in the original xml.

<workArea startIndex="0>29" widthIndex="0>30" heightIndex="0>31" type="cultivator" chargeValue="1" foldMinLimit="0" foldMaxLimit="0.2" refNodeIndex="0"/>

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 10:24:17 AM by JohnDeere1952 »

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline boogYman

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2017, 12:24:47 PM »
here are the XML's

i noticed when i have the smaller Anhydrous toolbar (from the AEM pack) installed this bigger one also won't show up in store

cheers

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2017, 02:43:48 PM »
here are the XML's

i noticed when i have the smaller Anhydrous toolbar (from the AEM pack) installed this bigger one also won't show up in store

cheers
Change this part from
<!--This is for LOW end computers-->
        <workArea startIndex="0>29" widthIndex="0>30" heightIndex="0>31" type="cultivator" chargeValue="1" foldMinLimit="0" foldMaxLimit="0.2" refNodeIndex="0"/>
      <spray>
        <workArea startIndex="0>3" widthIndex="0>4" heightIndex="0>5" refNodeIndex="0" type="sprayer" foldMinLimit="0" foldMaxLimit="0.1" chargeValue="1"/>
    </workAreas>

to this

<!--This is for LOW end computers-->
    <!--    <spray>  -->
        <workArea startIndex="0>3" widthIndex="0>4" heightIndex="0>5" refNodeIndex="0" type="sprayer" foldMinLimit="0" foldMaxLimit="0.1" chargeValue="1"/>
    </workAreas>

notice the word  spray has been changed

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14