American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 17, 2019, 09:17:20 AM

Author Topic: 1890/1910 Air Seeder  (Read 7376 times)

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:23:11 PM by MJD Farms »

Offline AlbertL

Re: 1890/1910 Air Seeder
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 01:07:47 PM »
After I loaded up this mod with the case air seeder in my folder I got a NASTY call stack lua error.

I no longer have the log to post, however after cheeking both mods out I changed the descVersion of this mod from 31 to 32 and it works fine now.
Before I could not even open my map, the log forced me to hard close FS.

Code: [Select]
<modDesc descVersion="32">

Hope this helps anyone else that has a issue...
Then again it could only be for me cause I'm running my old 32 bit rig.

"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline roylee18

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 04:07:30 PM »
Seems to work pretty good with the following exceptions.

1. The only way I can get the seed or fertilizer to fill the tanks is to load it thru the top of the seed/fertilizer tanks with a loader or telehandler. Trying to place a pallet over the auger isn't doing anything for me at all.

2. The AI doesn't finish off each path on a field, so you have to go across both ends of the field manually to catch the last 5m to 10m on each end.

Outside of them, nicely converted.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:13:55 PM by roylee18 »

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 04:14:40 PM »
Seems to work pretty good wit the following exceptions.

1. The only way I can get the seed or fertilizer to fill the tanks is to load it thru the top of the seed/fertilizer tanks with a loader or telehandler. Trying to place a pallet over the auger isn't doing anything for me at all.

2. The AI doesn't finish off each path on a field, so you have to go across both ends of the field manually to catch the last 5m to 10m on each end.

There are old farm triggers on this map that work great with it.

You can export and install onto any map.

https://www.modhoster.com/mods/sesnovka-by-d4rkfr34k
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 04:24:15 PM »
Seems to work pretty good with the following exceptions.

Haven't had any problems with it loading with triggers on placeable seed bins or service trailers.  Default bigbag loads just like the pic shows by placing it over the extended auger with a telehandler.  As mentioned in the description, the ai helper backup ability is disabled due to problems with the way the seeder articulates in the center, so , yeah, there will be a headland that you will have to work with.  However, GPS mod works fantastic with these seeders and will leave little to no headland.

Offline psyllium

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 02:25:12 AM »
Any possibility of ever adding Corn, Sunflower, potatoes and Sugar Beets?

Offline bullethead

• Global Moderator
  • 500+
  • If you dont like what I say ...... cover your ears
    • bullet heads youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 05:27:41 AM »
Any possibility of ever adding Corn, Sunflower, potatoes and Sugar Beets?

You can add those on your own but that's not really realistic to real farming.

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 08:04:11 AM »
You can add those on your own but that's not really realistic to real farming.
Yeah, like bullethead said, it wouldn't be realistic to add those fruits, but you could by mimicking what the db90 setup is to plant everything you want...I just won't be doing it in the official release but people are free to edit however they want.

Offline roylee18

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 10:18:46 AM »
Ah ok, wasn't sure what was exactly meant by having to disable the backup. That makes since though. It might just take a little adjusting on how the tanks are connected to the drill to increase the turning radius, and then allow the drill to run to the end of the field. In '15 it worked pretty well, with barely missing anything.

As for pulling triggers out of other maps to install, I am not quite sure how that is done. I can model and paint/design, but never have been good with scripts/physics. Plus I am currently using the default map, and the last time I changed something in the default (the scarecrow in the middle of a field in the '09 version I think), I kept getting a warning saying that it was modified, lol.

I have been testing around with it on Goldcrest, using the default seed, fertilizer, Fendt Vario 700, Stoll FZ 60, Stoll Pallet Fork, Challenger MT900E, and the 22m width AirSeeder (all base options, with the exception of the Vario having the loader attachment obviously). When driving up to the side of the Seeder, if I get too close the auger will drop down so it can be filled, but if I back up so the seedbag is where the bottom end of the auger is, the auger has already begun to retract for storage (with or without Challenger attached to the AirSeeder). If I jump in the Challenger while attached, and manually lower the auger, there is no refill option with seedbag over auger (as you pictured), and driving the tractor over the auger also does nothing (tested auger set in both tank positions). Today I tested it with the JCB Skid Steer and pallet fork to see if the distance from equipment to AirSeeder had something to do with it, but still not filling thru auger. I will say I am still on game version 1.2.0.0, as I haven't noticed a real reason yet to update, so maybe that is the issue.

I do adjust most every mod that I download; be it HP, price, clean/crisp/accurate textures, removing unused files/textures, simplifying xml's, or adjusting cameras, but my knowledge in making this one work perfectly or at least figure out the issue I am having is quite lacking, lol. (Note: I don't upload or distribute any mods I have adjusted.)

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 10:27:52 AM »
As for pulling triggers out of other maps to install, I am not quite sure how that is done. I can model and paint/design, but never have been good with scripts/physics. Plus I am currently using the default map, and the last time I changed something in the default (the scarecrow in the middle of a field in the '09 version I think), I kept getting a warning saying that it was modified, lol.

I can help you with learning to do that on anther topic, with a mod map.

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 11:13:16 AM »
I will say I am still on game version 1.2.0.0, as I haven't noticed a real reason yet to update, so maybe that is the issue.

This could be the problem..I have an updated game through Steam and tested the mod accordingly.  I extended the auger manually, switched to the skidsteer with the default bigbag of seed, and as soon as I moved over the auger it triggered and started filling as expected.  The only reason I can think of why it is not working for you, is that your game version is older.  I will say, however, if you are trying to fill with the mod that increases the bigbag capacity, it would not work for me...but the default bigbag works fine.

Offline roylee18

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 02:34:57 PM »
cjwilksy - Ok, I may have to update it here soon. Just hoping it doesn't mess up any of the other mods, lol.

Albert - I might venture into that at some point. I do have all of the tutorials and such as I have bought the last 2 modding kits, lol. Just wish there was a way to go from a .i3d file to 3ds Max. This way I could actually dig into the geometrical aspect of mods and maps to get an idea how the Giants engine utilizes everything. From there it might actually be easier to work with scripts when I can see what all is involved and where it is located.

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 03:30:27 PM »
cjwilksy - Ok, I may have to update it here soon. Just hoping it doesn't mess up any of the other mods, lol.

Albert - I might venture into that at some point. I do have all of the tutorials and such as I have bought the last 2 modding kits, lol. Just wish there was a way to go from a .i3d file to 3ds Max. This way I could actually dig into the geometrical aspect of mods and maps to get an idea how the Giants engine utilizes everything. From there it might actually be easier to work with scripts when I can see what all is involved and where it is located.
Export from GE as a OBJ.File then open it in 3d Max..... I use Maya and Blender I think 3d max can also open obj. files.

Offline coop_63

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2016, 06:21:57 PM »
I'm not  sure if this is the right place to ask but is there any way to get tippers/trailers to fill this planter. it would be great to have a my Wilson pup trailer filled with fertilizer be able to load the planter. any help would be realty appreciated.

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2016, 06:56:45 PM »
I'm not  sure if this is the right place to ask but is there any way to get tippers/trailers to fill this planter. it would be great to have a my Wilson pup trailer filled with fertilizer be able to load the planter. any help would be realty appreciated.

You would need to convert the seedtrailer.lua and fertilizertrailer.lua files that Xentro wrote for 2015 to 2017.
You can take a look at the MR_Merit and the Anhydrous_B_Train. I edited for 2013.

http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view&id=786
http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=719

EDIT
It looks like these guys got something going on here, not exactly what your looking for though I don't think.
http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;id=1440
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 07:01:13 PM by AlbertL »

Offline LosT_HaVoc

• John Deere certified service technician
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 08:12:55 PM »
I have a problem with the cart drifting off to one side after turning around, causing the seeder to be off track. I used the 8530 converted from 15, and the 9630, with the GPS mod. Is there anything I could try?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:15:14 PM by LosT_HaVoc »

I'd rather push a Chevy than drive a Ford

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 12:02:08 PM »
Not sure what you mean by it drifting off track.  Can you provide screenshots?  I do know that it has to straighten out after turning but this has never thrown it off track in my testing.  However, results may vary, depending on how narrow the field is that you are trying to use it on..this unit (especially the big one) needs lots of room to turn effectively--I use 2 rounds of headland with Courseplay and it works fine.

Offline LosT_HaVoc

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 07:16:57 PM »
I only use the 14M seeder. I spend most of my time on Goldcrest, so most of the fields have little headlands, in my opinion. Sometimes it'll straighten right out, but sometimes, it might drift off for the whole pass. I farm a few of the big fields, so it has time to straighten out.

Offline SavageMkII

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 01:00:38 PM »
He means that the cart doesn't straighten out after turning as quickly as it should. It has to do with the componentJoint between the cart and the seeder. I think the problem is that the seeder takes weight off of the cart wheels, depending on the slope of the ground underneath. What I did to fix it was give the joint between cart and seeder drawbar more flex and give the joint between drawbar and seeder a bit of flex up and down.

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 01:23:05 PM »
... What I did to fix it was give the joint between cart and seeder drawbar more flex and give the joint between drawbar and seeder a bit of flex up and down.
Mind giving what numbers you used?  Would speed up the testing process.  Thanks

Offline SavageMkII

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 02:28:49 PM »
Sure, I'll copy the lines from the xml later tonight when I'm home

Offline cjwilksy (OP)

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 05:27:46 PM »
Sure, I'll copy the lines from the xml later tonight when I'm home
Appreciate it..should just be the "component" section.

Offline SavageMkII

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »
Here's what the components section looks like in mine:

Code: [Select]
<components count="7">
                <component1 centerofmass="0.00 0.20 0.00" solverIterationCount="4" />
                <component2 centerOfMass="0.00 0.00 1.26" solverIterationCount="4" />
                <component3 centerOfMass="-2.34 0.05 -0.13" solverIterationCount="4" />
<component4 centerOfMass="2.35 0.05 -0.13" solverIterationCount="4" />
<component5 centerOfMass="-2.34 0.05 -0.13" solverIterationCount="4" />
<component6 centerOfMass="2.35 0.05 -0.13" solverIterationCount="4" />
<component7 centerofmass="0.00 2.50 -0.15" solverIterationCount="4" />
<joint component1="0" component2="1" index="0>11" rotLimit="15 0 15" transLimit="0 0 0" />
                <joint component1="0" component2="2" index="0>5" rotLimit="0 0 0" transLimit="0 0 0" />
                <joint component1="0" component2="3" index="0>4" rotLimit="0 0 0" transLimit="0 0 0" />
<joint component1="2" component2="4" index="2>33" rotLimit="0 0 0" transLimit="0 0 0" />
                <joint component1="3" component2="5" index="3>34" rotLimit="0 0 0" transLimit="0 0 0" />
<joint component1="6" component2="1" index="6>9" rotLimit="30 70 75" transLimit="0 0 0" />
</components>

If I remember right, what I did was swap the component numbers in the last joint line, and increase the rotLimit, particularly the x value, but also the y to make it turn sharper. that didn't quite do it, so I added a but of x rotation to the first joint to take the pressure off the last joint when travelling over uneven ground. Hope that helps! :D

Offline LosT_HaVoc

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2017, 07:13:40 PM »
It's working way better now. Thanks for all of the help!

Offline SVKB

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 09:57:15 AM »
First off let me say thankyou so much for this mod! It looks fantastic.  I'm fairly new the Farming Sim world having only started playing in FS 15 and on the xbox one.  Now I've upgraded to pc and OH MY how much better it is!

Not sure if I need to start a new topic for this so please forgive me if I should have.  I'm having a bit of a problem with the 1890/1910 mod.  It seems that it's not applying fertilizer.  I start the seeder manually and then hire my worker.  It seeds fine and it's using up my fertilizer but when I go look at the maps and check out the soil composition section it says that it hasn't been fertilized or at best there are random strips in the field that have been.  I thought this may be a glitch in the map so I ran my sprayer over top of what was already done and it applied a fourth stage of fertilizer and then the map was updated.

Any ideas?