American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

November 17, 2018, 06:41:57 PM

Author Topic: 2017 Find A Mod  (Read 112405 times)

Offline Tom Cat

Re: 2017 Find A Mod
« Reply #950 on: October 30, 2018, 05:26:04 PM »
I'm sorry maybe I didn't make it clear what I want. I want a auto load trailer to load bales from a FS17_NHBB980. The ones I have does not, or it could be that I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not able to get it to work.

The NH BB980 bales aren't standard FS17 bales (I'm sure you are aware of this) and the game doesn't recognize them as such .. So the standard autoload trailer won't load them, as they see no standard bales ..

The only trailer I've seen that would accept them, was the HoT autostacker - but it converted them from these pretty BB980 bales, to standard bales when loaded on the to the trailer ..

Why won't it work It's because many trailers actually destroys the bale on the ground, and put in a bale that comes from the trailers script .. So it's not the bale you made with your baler that ends up on the trailer, but a bale made by the trailer .. That's why the BB980 bales really don't work with autoload ..

This doesn't really help you - I've never seen a autoload trailer that accepts BB980 bales (and then again, I haven't seen all mods) but I'm pretty sure you will have to try and add the BB980 bales to a autoload trailer yourself, if you want this to work ..

In another tread here on AEM, someone mention a trailer that could handle the bales - but there was no link, and no name of the trailer - so I'm not sure where and what kind it is ..

Sorry - Tom Cat
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Offline alfalfa6945

« Reply #951 on: October 30, 2018, 11:07:47 PM »
Why won't it work �

I'll bite, why?

It's because many trailers actually destroys the bale on the ground, and put in a bale that comes from the trailers script ..

False. Whether the trailer uses an autoload script or it uses the Giant's BaleLoader specialization, the bales are "mounted" and not "destroyed". In neither case, autoload script or BaleLoader specialization, does a mod or in-game piece of equipment using these specializations _ever_ load its own "built-in" bale. Why? Because they both "mount" the existing bale that entered the trigger. Is a "mounted" bale a real bale? Not quite. You could refer to it as a "representation" of the actual bale - hence no collisions/weight/etc for a "mounted" bale. But it is, in fact, the bale that entered the trigger.

So it's not the bale you made with your baler that ends up on the trailer, but a bale made by the trailer ..

False, see first point.

That's why the BB980 bales really don't work with autoload ..

False. If a modder properly sets up a trailer/implement using autoload (HoT) or BaleLoader spec to accept the non-standard bale sizes (in both cases, only the size and type (round/square) of the bale are of concern) and if the bale cannot then be mounted to that trailer/implement, then it is the fault of the baler mod itself (read: script(s) included with the baler).

_Any_ bale can work with autoload or BaleLoader, provided it is an _actual_ bale

Offline jb3pc4sale

« Reply #952 on: October 31, 2018, 04:59:06 AM »
You are right alfalfa. The trailer auto load decided to load the bales this time around. I don't know why it's working now and wasn't working before. Thanks for the help.