American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

June 02, 2020, 12:42:06 PM

Author Topic: Anhydrous Ammonia Toolbar Applicator Pack  (Read 13208 times)

Offline Zoochase

Re: Anhydrous Ammonia Toolbar Applicator Pack
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2016, 09:57:08 PM »
Are you using the tank supplied with the pack.  I haven't had any problems with soil mod.  NH3 is anhydrous ammonia. The most pure form of nitrogen avaliable to farmers. Side dressing is like spraying for weeds but instead your putting N(nitrogen) into the ground. You put it into the ground because it will vaporize into the air if you don't. NH3 is very dangerous it will burn the skin, cause blindness if gets into the eyes and can cause death.  If handled correctly and with caution it's safer. There are other forms of N avaliable that are safer and easier to apply.  Like urea is a granular that can be spread.(what we have switched to this year). Then the most popular side dress now is 28 which is liquid N(not at pure as NH3).

So what I am getting out of the answer, side dressing is for applying after the crop is planted as opposed to cultivating it into the soil prior to planting?
And yes, I am using the tank that came in the pack.

Thanks.

Offline tessfarms

• 500+
  • Respect For Modders!
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2016, 04:16:58 AM »
So what I am getting out of the answer, side dressing is for applying after the crop is planted as opposed to cultivating it into the soil prior to planting?
And yes, I am using the tank that came in the pack.

Thanks.

Yes, side dressing is applying nitrogen post emerge.  That is correct
Never criticize a farmer with your mouth full!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2016, 02:54:03 PM »
Just downloaded and tried it out in the County Line map - And the pack looks very, very good.

But the nurse tank teases me a bit - When I'm not on solid ground (asphalt roads, other roads or places with concrete under me) the nurse tank slides a bit after I stop .. And when I'm starting off again, the two frontwheels of the nursetank (the pulling end) looks like they are blocked, and won't begin to roll befor I gain some speed .. Is this normal behavior, or is it just me that has this tiny little issue ?

Otherwise, it's a very fine pack - gonna use it whether it slides or  not ..

PS: Could it be an issue between the "Real Terrain Mod" and the nursetank, perhaps ?
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.