American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

September 20, 2018, 12:35:38 PM

Author Topic: FS15 County Line  (Read 59892 times)

Offline joplett

• Regular
Re: FS15 County Line
« Reply #400 on: January 18, 2017, 07:08:24 PM »
I'm not gonna get FS17 for awhile so my vote is I would love an edited  version of this map....but along with what others have said, if its not released we completely understand and we thank you for all the time you've put in!

Offline 09jstimmell

• Rookie
« Reply #401 on: January 22, 2017, 04:40:22 AM »
i just read this entire thread and i must say, it read as good as any book ive ever read. (even though now it seems to be petering out with no notion of an edited release from T.cat) but seriously. Thanks Blueweb for an amazing map, thanks TomCat for all the time you spent editing. I was literally so excited when you got permission to release an edited version. Then my hopes were dashed after reading of your problems and lost work. I was saddened when you through in the towel, and delighted when you came back. but to beat the dead horse of this thread one more time.... thank you. TomCat, Blueweb, the guy who figured out the standard fruit problem (cant remember your name and at this point i dont feel like going back to find out) thank you all so much for the time and effort you thrown at this thing.

now to my question.

im unclear as to whether or not i have to delete the current version of the map i have and edit the script for the standard fruit problem t0 be resolved. ive edited the script in the current .lua file and saved and it and reloaded the game with no success. before i go running up my mobile hotspot data (satillite internet so i have to use my phones hotspot for large downloads) i just would like to know if thats how i resolve this issue.

Offline braindead4554

• Global Moderator
  • 500+
« Reply #402 on: January 22, 2017, 12:22:04 PM »
I was able to still use my saved game and edit the lua file.  Worked on the second time I tried.  Was a minor issue of the endtag not in the right place the first time.   

Still playing this map and enjoying it.   But now I have to go back thourgh the thread and see if it mentions the Bio plant.   Not able to get 100% compaction and only able to get 99% which doesn't let a person tarp it.    Now back to more reading....

I can give you my lua file if you need to see if it works for you.  Just hit me up if you do
]

"The eyes can't see what the mind won't accept."

Offline 09jstimmell

• Rookie
« Reply #403 on: January 22, 2017, 01:43:41 PM »

Still playing this map and enjoying it.   But now I have to go back thourgh the thread and see if it mentions the Bio plant.   Not able to get 100% compaction and only able to get 99% which doesn't let a person tarp it.    Now back to more reading....

I can give you my lua file if you need to see if it works for you.  Just hit me up if you do

yea its in there somewhere i believe you need to go into GE to fix it

if (not g_currentMission.missionInfo.isValid) then
   --Disables starting grain storage on easy/medium mode so that individual farm silo storage works properly
   g_currentMission.missionStats.farmSiloAmounts[Fillable.FILLTYPE_WHEAT] = 0;
   g_currentMission.missionStats.farmSiloAmounts[Fillable.FILLTYPE_BARLEY] = 0;
   g_currentMission.missionStats.farmSiloAmounts[Fillable.FILLTYPE_RAPE] = 0;
   g_currentMission.missionStats.farmSiloAmounts[Fillable.FILLTYPE_MAIZE] = 0;
   g_currentMission.missionStats.farmSiloAmounts[Fillable.FILLTYPE_POTATO] = 0;
   g_currentMission.missionStats.farmSiloAmounts[Fillable.FILLTYPE_SUGARBEET] = 0;
   g_currentMission.missionStats.farmSiloAmounts[Fillable.FILLTYPE_WOODCHIPS] = 0;
   end;

end;

that is the script i have entered and i still cant get it to work. both with and without mods

Offline CrashX

« Reply #404 on: May 01, 2017, 05:47:06 PM »
Hey guys first time poster here, I can't seem to find the trigger for giving the beef cattle straw at the bottom left farm. Any thoughts if anyone is still around?

Offline crabe

« Reply #405 on: May 28, 2017, 02:53:13 PM »
Been playing this map for a long time now, finally started raising pigs. First time Ive had pigs on this game. It wont accept grain at the barns and I wouldn't think they would take TMR. What should I be feeding them or is it possible for me to edit something so they'll just eat grain and still get 100% productivity? Thanks in advance.

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #406 on: May 28, 2017, 05:32:47 PM »
Been playing this map for a long time now, finally started raising pigs. First time Ive had pigs on this game. It wont accept grain at the barns and I wouldn't think they would take TMR. What should I be feeding them or is it possible for me to edit something so they'll just eat grain and still get 100% productivity? Thanks in advance.
Are you playing County Line 17 instead of 15? This is the support topic for 15.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline crabe

« Reply #407 on: May 28, 2017, 06:43:24 PM »
Nope, playing 15

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #408 on: May 29, 2017, 02:08:18 PM »
Hey guys first time poster here, I can't seem to find the trigger for giving the beef cattle straw at the bottom left farm. Any thoughts if anyone is still around?

The trigger isn't there - When giving straw using the trigger in the big barn, both barn's are getting straw - a minor fault ..

Hmmm ... This is quite complicated - Some months ago, I was deeply involved in an attempt to solve many of the issues this wonderful map has... This was a problem I spend a lot of time on, and yes, it probably can be solved, but you will have to juggle both the map, and the i3d file, in order to get it to work ..

The pig department is very complicated made, with a lot of twisted options - and if you have no real experience with map Building, and how GE works, you will be met with a steep learning curve ...

And no, I've never finished the project - real life got in my way, and I haven't played the game since ... Sorry ...

But some day in the future, perhaps ...

Tom Cat

In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Offline 812farmer

• 500+
« Reply #409 on: May 29, 2017, 07:37:08 PM »
They just take tmr and water. Tmr is loose term lol. That's the way I set it up when I made the barns. I edited marhus placeable mixer to accept maize soybean and wheat/barley. That's what real pig feed is made of. There's a nice feed trailer on here that I use.

Offline kev12272001

• Rookie
  • hello all. how are yous on this fine day?
« Reply #410 on: June 08, 2017, 09:11:41 PM »
great map to play. I just have 2 problems problem 1 it that some of the field i cultivate don't , and problem 2 is the plant growth keeps turning off. is there any fix for it, or is it a mod conflict on my end thanks.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2017, 10:34:24 AM »
great map to play. I just have 2 problems problem 1 it that some of the field i cultivate don't , and problem 2 is the plant growth keeps turning off. is there any fix for it, or is it a mod conflict on my end thanks.

If you are having trouble with some part of the fields can't be cultivated, it could be related to how the field dimension markers are set up in GE. It has nothing to do with you, it is the map maker who hasn't set up the markers properly... The only way to solve this, is to unzip the map, load the map in GE, and correct the issue. If you aren't able to do this, the only other solution, is to buy the field beside the field with the problem, as this field's markers most certainly are placed in the field you are having trouble with..

This map is enhanced with the "Soil mod" made by Decker_MMIV - and the growth rate default setting for soil mod, is turned off - it's because soil mod is updating all fields at midnight, adding Growth, subtracting fertilizer and moist, and so on ... Growth rate can't be changed in maps with soil mod...

Hope this helps a bit ..

Tom Cat

Offline crabe

« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2017, 06:51:41 PM »
Had a new problem start. Will save grain in the bins at the main farm you start at. Save the game and quit. then come back later and it reads that the amount of grain I saved is in the bins when i hit the unload trigger, but it won't unload any of it. Please help!

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2017, 09:04:44 PM »
Had a new problem start. Will save grain in the bins at the main farm you start at. Save the game and quit. then come back later and it reads that the amount of grain I saved is in the bins when i hit the unload trigger, but it won't unload any of it. Please help!

If you read back through the 17 pages of support, this issue has always been there.  Read through for possible workarounds-including using placeable bins.

Offline CrashX

« Reply #414 on: June 24, 2017, 10:31:38 PM »
Thanks TC! Do you know where the straw trigger is in the first starter pig farm too? Been searching forever!!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #415 on: June 25, 2017, 04:38:36 PM »
Thanks TC! Do you know where the straw trigger is in the first starter pig farm too? Been searching forever!!

Don't mention it - always here to help, when I can ..

Yes, I know where it is - It's buried under ground ... Apparently not intended to be used, and that's why you can't find it ... See the picture I've attached ..

And would like to make a brief comment on this map, intended for all users of the FS15 version of County Line .. It's a stunning map, made with the best intentions - but the project became kind of an "Operation Market Garden" ... Those who know something about WW2, knows what I'm referring to ..

I really don't think this map is ever gonna be 100 % playable (and some may disagree with me here, but that's because they either haven't encountered some of the major issues yet, or they just ignored them ..)

The intentions (I think) was to make a map, that blowed all other maps out of the Water - And it could have done so, if the map has worked as intended .. The ideas behind all these funny and intriguing new stuff, could have made it a map that was setting the standard for other maps to follow .. Sadly enough, many of these ideas didn't work as they supposed to - And that made the map "almost" unplayable" in certain aspects ..

I have some idea, what I'm talking about - as I've spend almost 2 months (November + Most of december) 2016, in an attempt to make this map work ... Some of the things I've fixed, and some was to difficult - or we could say, that the imagination of the map author, exceeded what was possible inside the FS15 limitations ..

Unfortunately, my work on the map was interrupted by real life issues (something called work .. Uhh, spooky) As we ran in to a major recession here in Europe, forcing me to work more hours, as the farm I'm working on, couldn't afford to hire more hands .. But enough about that ..

My advice to all of you is; play the map, and just accept it isn't working 100 % - and get the fun out of it, as you best can... Or, start playing the FS17 version of the map .. The FS17 version is (sadly) stripped for all these funny new innovative functions, but it is working .. And of course, you get a better graphic (I think) and the new stuff that comes with the FS17 game ..

I do think most of Q and A is covered in this very long thread about FS15 County Line map .. Not many stones unturned ..

Of course I'll still keep an eye on this thread - but I'm pretty sure that Broncfan03 is correct when writing, that most of your questions can be answered, by reading the post's in this support thread ..

Regards - Tom Cat
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:40:42 PM by Tom Cat »

Offline CrashX

« Reply #416 on: July 02, 2017, 09:49:51 PM »
The trigger isn't there - When giving straw using the trigger in the big barn, both barn's are getting straw - a minor fault ..

Hmmm ... This is quite complicated - Some months ago, I was deeply involved in an attempt to solve many of the issues this wonderful map has... This was a problem I spend a lot of time on, and yes, it probably can be solved, but you will have to juggle both the map, and the i3d file, in order to get it to work ..

The pig department is very complicated made, with a lot of twisted options - and if you have no real experience with map Building, and how GE works, you will be met with a steep learning curve ...

And no, I've never finished the project - real life got in my way, and I haven't played the game since ... Sorry ...

But some day in the future, perhaps ...

Tom Cat
Thanks Tom Cat but I'm still unclear as to which is the big barn you're referring too? The vehicle storage one at the pig farm? Or another one I'm missing?
Thanks

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #417 on: July 03, 2017, 12:10:10 PM »
Thanks Tom Cat but I'm still unclear as to which is the big barn you're referring too? The vehicle storage one at the pig farm? Or another one I'm missing?
Thanks

Post's are getting a bit mixed up here .. The Pig straw trigger answer was intended for "crabe" , and this might be a bit confusing, as I was giving two answers to two different persons, in the same post ..  ::)

Anyway .. You asked for the location of the straw trigger on the beef/cattle farm .. And I'll presume you found it - if not, see the picture of the large cattle barn, where the trigger is highlighted.. This trigger is the only one in the beef/cattle farm complex, and covers both barns (young calves, and larger ones too..)

About the straw trigger in the Pig department - this is an easy one to answer - there isn't any straw trigger for pigs .. Or should I say, there is one, but you can't acces it.. It's buried under the pig stables .. It's not meant to be used ...

Feel free to ask again, if this still confuses you ..

Tom Cat
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:13:56 PM by Tom Cat »

Offline TitanII

« Reply #418 on: August 14, 2017, 06:27:03 PM »
Where is the trigger for straw at the beef fattening farm

Post Merge: August 15, 2017, 12:25:43 PM
I have drove in this area for a while and keep getting the straw not accepted here error
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:25:43 PM by TitanII »

Offline ariens/toro/johndeere

• Rookie
« Reply #419 on: January 11, 2018, 01:09:36 AM »
im having an issue wheere if i leave the game and return all the crop i had in the bins are gone without any trace if you have a solution to that perhaps, other than that its a grate map and i will be playing on it tons if i can get the grain bin issue resolved

Post Merge: January 11, 2018, 01:51:57 AM
so i read a few pages into the topic and found the confusion with there being multiple bins sorry for the unnecessary post it seems its a very intricate map where you really have to look around so far its the best map i have played
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:52:39 AM by ariens/toro/johndeere »

Offline jgoerig

county line map 2015
« Reply #420 on: June 03, 2018, 01:51:16 AM »
Over by the cattle barns, there are 3 bins that mixes the ratio.  One bin appears to be sillage, the other chaff, but I cant guess the last one.  The symbol looks like small meteorites.  Does anyone know what goes in that last bin?

Offline getbent403

• Regular
« Reply #421 on: June 03, 2018, 10:34:34 PM »
should be straw

Offline jgoerig

« Reply #422 on: June 03, 2018, 11:38:04 PM »
I have a question.  What I am trying to do is to feed the cattle.  By the cattle barns , there are 3 mixing ratio silos and the signs are located on the barn.  I can recognize the silage, symbol but I am not too sure what the other two symbols are.  I think one of them is chaff but I don't know about the other one.  It looks like small meteorites.  Can somebody tell me what goes in that third bin?

Post Merge: June 04, 2018, 05:50:41 PM
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 05:50:41 PM by jgoerig »