American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

September 28, 2020, 04:19:41 AM

Author Topic: Adding Hirable function to Grimme 604 beet harvester  (Read 3821 times)

Offline SBP_JRock (OP)

Adding Hirable function to Grimme 604 beet harvester
« on: July 25, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »
My apologies if this has been asked before...did come across this topic for FS 2013 here, but there didn't seem to be a solution, let alone not sure if that would even apply the FS 2015 if there was...

Anyways, I have been trying to add the hirable function to the Grimme 604 beet harvester (the pull behind) to no avail. I have applied what I feel should be to the ModDesc and the vehicle XMLs.  These would include the specialization and the Markers, respectively.

Asking for anyone who may know or have tried to do this successfully. Thanks in advance!!!

Offline muzzwuzz

Re: Adding Hirable function to Grimme 604 beet harvester
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 11:14:09 PM »
This is not a solution to your question, but it is an alternative. Use Autotractor mod with defoliator on the front of the tractor and 604 on the back - it needs a big headland to turn but it works.

http://www.modhoster.com/mods/autotractor--2

Offline SBP_JRock (OP)

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 11:06:09 PM »
Appreciate the reply!!

Was trying to stay away from having to use other mods along with using the Grimme 604 by itself just for it to be hirable.   I usually use the Alloway topper which is hirable by itself and is a pull-behind on a separate tractor...so there is no necessity for the topper mounted to the front by doing it this way.  Hope that makes sense... ;D ...been real frustrating trying to figure out how to get the 604 hirable by itself.

Offline braindead4554

• 500+
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 11:40:17 PM »
Appreciate the reply!!

Was trying to stay away from having to use other mods along with using the Grimme 604 by itself just for it to be hirable.   I usually use the Alloway topper which is hirable by itself and is a pull-behind on a separate tractor...so there is no necessity for the topper mounted to the front by doing it this way.  Hope that makes sense... ;D ...been real frustrating trying to figure out how to get the 604 hirable by itself.

It has been hit or miss for making things hire-able myself.  tried for a long time to get a rogator hire-able but I'm pretty sure that is not going to happen with the way the game is scripted.  Now the toolbar i made,  that was super easy.  Just put it in there and poof it worked first try.  Those two things should be all that is required...
]

"The eyes can't see what the mind won't accept."

Offline SBP_JRock (OP)

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 07:47:33 PM »
See...I figured somebody had to have tried..  ;)

What is this "toolbar" you have created??...Is it in the downloads here??

Offline braindead4554

• 500+
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 09:24:30 PM »
See...I figured somebody had to have tried..  ;)

What is this "toolbar" you have created??...Is it in the downloads here??

yup its in the DL section here under implements.  Take a look at it can see if that will help you.
]

Offline braindead4554

• 500+
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 10:06:19 PM »
Just thought of something......   Did you put in the rear collision box for the AI?   And script that in as well?
]

Offline SBP_JRock (OP)

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 11:20:15 PM »
Was not aware of a "rear collison" let alone a script for it.... :o

Offline braindead4554

• 500+
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 11:28:07 PM »
Was not aware of a "rear collison" let alone a script for it.... :o

look in the toolbar pack.   You can use the one in there and see how I scripted it
]

Offline SBP_JRock (OP)

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 11:41:34 PM »
look in the toolbar pack.   You can use the one in there and see how I scripted it

You say the tool bar is in the Implements section of the downloads??...so far, not seeing it in there...

Offline braindead4554

• 500+
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 02:33:07 PM »
You say the tool bar is in the Implements section of the downloads??...so far, not seeing it in there...

here you are :  http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1308

]

Offline SBP_JRock (OP)

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 09:22:17 PM »
here you are :  http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1308

Ah...wasn't specifically looking for Anhydrous Ammonia...prolly why I didn't see it right away...now what is thing supposed to have in it that deals with the hirable function??

Noticed there was a hirable John Deere sprayer...might see how that thing is working.

Post Merge: July 29, 2016, 09:47:51 PM
Hoping to get a bit more clarification on the "rear box" that was mentioned... does that mean the <aiBackMarker index=xxx> ???  I do have that and the left and right markers defined in the vehicle XML and in conjunction with the nodes present on the model itself in GE.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:47:57 PM by SBP_JRock »

Offline SBP_JRock (OP)

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 11:34:35 PM »
An update on the "progress" (or lack there of) for adding a hire-able function to the Grimme 604 beet harvester...

I have looked at how the AnhydrousAmmoniaPackV3 is done as far as the implement/vehicle XMLs and had come to the conclusion didn't have a few lines in comparison, so I added the particular ref nodes to the model itself in GE and also scripted them accordingly in the implement/vehicle XML, but still to no avail.... :-\

Am left with huge question mark on what actually allows the hire-able function to work???!!!! ???

Still hoping to get some further insight!!!  After seeing how this Toolbar is working nicely with the hire-able function, only leads me further to believe it has to be possible for this Grimme 604 and I'm * bent to make it work now!!!... ;D

Thanks in advance for any help!!!.... ;)

Offline muzzwuzz

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 04:08:53 PM »
This mod uses a different approach to the helper problem - the weight provides the helper function for the implement. A good idea but it does not work very well. Just something different to look at.
   http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming-simulator-2015/implements-tools/frontgewichte-v-1-0-ls15/NHAEYF
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:57:40 PM by muzzwuzz »

Offline SBP_JRock (OP)

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 07:43:00 PM »
This mod uses a different approach to the helper problem - the weight provides the helper function for the implement. A good idea but it does not work very well. Just something different to look at.
   http://www.farming2015mods.com/farming-simulator-2015/implements-tools/frontgewichte-v-1-0-ls15/NHAEYF

The link doesn't work... :-[ but from what I gather you were pointing to using a weight to provide a hire-able function??...

Offline muzzwuzz

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 09:21:30 PM »
Yes - the front weight(s) has the hireable function (it works in a straight line but gets confused at the headland)
I can dropbox a copy of the mod.

Offline SBP_JRock (OP)

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 11:03:37 PM »
Yes - the front weight(s) has the hireable function (it works in a straight line but gets confused at the headland)
I can dropbox a copy of the mod.

That'd be great if could dropbox it!!!  or if there is another link somewhere??

Offline muzzwuzz

Offline SBP_JRock (OP)

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 12:09:44 AM »

Offline muzzwuzz

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 12:19:05 AM »
Okay - that's strange - I dl from both sites - will set up dropbox (hope this goes thru)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kwfdnpin9t5bq7/AHKGewichtHelferB3000.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 12:21:07 AM by muzzwuzz »

Offline SBP_JRock (OP)

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2016, 12:41:30 AM »
Okay - that's strange - I dl from both sites - will set up dropbox (hope this goes thru)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kwfdnpin9t5bq7/AHKGewichtHelferB3000.zip?dl=0

Thanks!!!  ;D  that worked better.   Now just need to see how this thing is put together.

Post Merge: August 03, 2016, 05:58:42 PM
Well, in looking this latest mod with the front weight and realizing it has much the same applied to it as I now do with trying to get this Grimme 604 a hire-able function, only draws up more questions than answers about what actually makes a vehicle/implement hire-able.... :-[ ??? >:(

What was thought to only need to have the appropriate work areas, start nodes/indexes via XML, etc....only proves to NOT be the case in making a vehicle/implement hire-able.

To this point, I have even gone so far as to put this modded Grimme 604 in it's own category...scripted with a "addStoreCategorie" LUA that is present in the UpdatedAnhydrousAmmoniaPackV3 mod that was kindly pointed out to take a look at.... ;) in an effort to possibly separate it from the default Grimme 604.  This has proven to not work either!!!... >:(

There is obviously something else that is needed to allow a vehicle/implement to be hire-able.  The question is, what is that??...

As I've said before, I'm pretty much determined to figure this mystery out...there are so many other vehicle/implement mods that have a hire-able function applied directly to it and NOTHING speaks to me clearly that it is not possible to get applied to this Grimme 604

I do appreciate all the insight and help by all involved to this point!!!!... ;) ;D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:58:42 PM by SBP_JRock »