American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

February 23, 2020, 11:29:50 PM

Author Topic: Silage yield. Corn vs Grass vs wheat  (Read 1075 times)

Offline RIONDRON (OP)

Silage yield. Corn vs Grass vs wheat
« on: April 24, 2016, 01:08:26 PM »
Has anyone been able to determine what gives the best yield for silage? On the console version, grinding up wheat gave the highest poundage per acre for silage, as opposed to corn which came in second, and grass was dead last. I am new to the pc version, and with the soil mod on,  I am curious as to weather or not anyone has tested the yield difference between the three.  Corn takes more work because of needing to at least cultivate the soil first (w/o a modded corn planter). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Offline cjwilksy

Re: Silage yield. Corn vs Grass vs wheat
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 01:18:04 PM »
Has anyone been able to determine what gives the best yield for silage? On the console version, grinding up wheat gave the highest poundage per acre for silage, as opposed to corn which came in second, and grass was dead last. I am new to the pc version, and with the soil mod on,  I am curious as to weather or not anyone has tested the yield difference between the three.  Corn takes more work because of needing to at least cultivate the soil first (w/o a modded corn planter). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Are you using a mod map or default?  Could depend on if the mod map author decided to change the yields or not.  For instance, I'm working on a wip map that I've increased the corn yield overall which should increase the silage yield I suspect...haven't tested yet.  So..I guess I'm saying it may matter what map you are using aside from even soil mod's effect.

Offline RIONDRON (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 01:28:59 PM »
Are you using a mod map or default?  Could depend on if the mod map author decided to change the yields or not.  For instance, I'm working on a wip map that I've increased the corn yield overall which should increase the silage yield I suspect...haven't tested yet.  So..I guess I'm saying it may matter what map you are using aside from even soil mod's effect.

I am currently on Graceland (just started), but I do see your point. I'm not really certain if the yield of the corn stalks being ground up is increased by any modifications at all, or if it is just the actual grain itself. If they are not, then I would have to go with my original testing on the console version and say that the best possible silage yield per acre is acquired by using a Krone X-Disc on wheat fields. I can't remember the exact numbers, but the difference in yield was quite substantial.

Offline RIONDRON (OP)

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 12:05:42 PM »
Oops. I meant to say barley, not wheat!

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk