American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

May 21, 2022, 12:48:50 AM

Author Topic: Farming Simulator Announcement & Discussion  (Read 94329 times)

Offline MJD Farms (OP)

Farming Simulator Announcement & Discussion
« on: February 22, 2016, 02:17:56 PM »
Take a look at this!!!!!!

saw Reaper's Mods post this

The new FS when compared to Manchester!!

Foundall of this on facebook
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:21:22 PM by MJD Farms »

JimmytheGeek

Re: Farming Simulator Announcement & Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 02:41:42 PM »
It looks great, but it would be nice to know if that's in-game screenshots or artist renderings. Probably in-game, given that they should be about ready to move to beta status if they follow the same timeline from previous releases.

Offline LMBFarmer

• OS-FS
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 02:42:33 PM »
I don't want to be that guy, but I guess I will be, they better have overhauled the game to make it worth going to FS17 at the end of this year, I don't know about other people, but if it's just 15 with a couple more mods incorporated and Agco, I'm not buying it unless it goes on sale cheap.

Everyday's a revolution, welcome to the future.

Offline MJD Farms (OP)

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 02:45:23 PM »
I'm sorry i should have said the the top pic is in-game and the other one is concept art.

i already can't wait!!! :D

Offline LMBFarmer

• OS-FS
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 02:46:56 PM »
Did they say anywhere that the top pic is totally ingame and not heavily edited?

Also, sunflowers.

Offline MacKenzieJ123

• Nothin' runs like a Deere!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 03:15:36 PM »
I'm gonna be honest. I'm pretty disappointed in what I saw in the demo video. It looks no different than 15 besides a new shader and lighting. That being said, I'm hoping the end product will be a lot better than what the early demo showed. Still excited to give it a go when it comes available.

Offline BigCountry

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 03:51:10 PM »
Big news! GIANTS Software and Focus Home announce Farming Simulator 17 on consoles and PC at the end of 2016!

News and updates will be posted in this topic. Please discuss anything FS 17 related here.

Twitter Announcement: https://twitter.com/farmingsim/status/701714606587305984/photo/1

Focus Home Announcement: http://www.focus-home.com/en/news/1013-giants-software-and-focus-home-interactive-announce-farming-simulator-17

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline caseman83

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 06:58:50 PM »
Oh baby I can't hardly wait until FS17 is released, the screenshots posted make it look amazing, id play FS17 for sure possibly more than FS15 haha no  way I'd play both games equally as much.   
IF IT AIN'T RED, IT STAYS IN THE SHED INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER FOREVER.

Offline tractor16

• 5th generation farmer | Agribusiness and Agronomy
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 07:58:38 PM »
I cannot wait!  Remember, even though it may be just a copy of 15, it'll have more features and more equipment!  A larger variety of equipment only makes modding easier for the community as we will have an abundance of in game models to use and change!  CNH and AGCO makes up 7 major equipment manufacturers!  This is wonderful news! 
If it ain't Red, it stays in the shed... Unless its a yellow RoGator

Offline 812farmer

• 500+
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 09:47:02 PM »
I'm just starting to figure our fs15 when it comes to modding lol. O well. All I can say is that they should release scripts and things faster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline seriousmods

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2016, 10:12:59 PM »
I can wait. If you look closely at the picture something is wrong. There is light coming from the direction you are looking at on the sunflowers, and there appears to be light coming from the viewer's perspective on the tractor.

Even though I am by no means an experienced renderer, a quick glance at this photo tells me two things. 1. This is a Photoshop job, and 2. Only parts of the picture are actually from the game. If you don't believe me, look at the FS 2015 art. It looks far better than FS ever will.

Here's where I come from. I have been around a long time, and this is the fourth version of FS I have seen either come or go. I played the FS 11 demo version, bought FS 13, and was gifted FS 15. I don't plan to buy FS 2017 for five reasons:

1. GIANTS has a habit of repackaging the same thing as something new time and time again. In comparison to other major gaming players like SCS Software, the changes between FS games is very little. What changes there are are typically the incorporation of mods or community generated scripts into the game. There is a long list of things that are "new" in FS 15 that were created by modders long before GIANTS thought of them. This list includes tire tracks, the more realistic game engine, dirt skins, cuttable trees, turn signals, animated farmer driver, and dynamic planes. None of these things were original to FS 15. FS 2013 had each of them, and some of them were even found in FS 2011 from what I know. FS 2017 will be no different. The tractors will likely bear similarities to mods currently out for download in the community, the map appears to be a direct implementation of Manchester, and the "new" features will most likely be scripts from FS 15 added to the game engine. All of these things are great except for the fact that what is wrong with FS is the horribly outdated physics and graphics engine that they keep using for new games. Until they replace those engines, which means actually making a new game, they should call their updated games FS 2013 v2 (15) and v3 (17).

2. FS 15 was easy to learn in some ways, but it was a totally different experience than FS 2013. There is absolutely no reason for modders/editors like me to relearn how to mod for the 3rd time just to have a few new default scripts. I have invested a lot of time into FS 2015 mods, and attempting to convert my stuff to FS 2017 just won't be worth the time. It is highly unlikely given the state of the community that many quality mods of any kind will be made, let alone released, and mods are what has and will continue to make FS what it is.

3. Given the similarities between the various versions of FS, the price for each game is far too high. $30 for a completely fresh game like ATS is well worth it, but $30 for a game that at its core will be nearly identical to FS 13 and 15 is ridiculous. Just think: you can buy a high quality 3D model for around $100. If you bought FS 11, 13, 15, and 17, you'll have spent approximately $120.

4. Conversions between FS games are not as easy as they should be given the similarities between games. For example, Rocketman's trucks and Sotillo's Deere tractors cannot be directly converted to 15 from 13 because GIANTS made a change to GE that replaces high poly objects over a certain poly count with a blank transform group. So after spending hours making a mod such as these, either of these guys would have to make significant changes to their work to make them FS 15 compatible. Who knows what quirks 17 will have.

5. Finally, it is time for GIANTS to rid the community of sites that are actively promoting hacking, not only of mods, but also of its own DLC packs. In FS 2013, people were perma-banned for hacking the Titanium DLC, but in FS 15, nearly every DLC pack has been hacked, and many have been posted to the world. This kind of behavior makes the community a free-for-all with no rules and rogue members creating chaos in dark corners of the Internet. GIANTS doesn't need any more money: they need the will to reign in the terror caused by a plethora of mischevious modsites and bring order back to this once great community.

Enough said.

You don't have to agree with my point of view, but you can salute me for typing all but one sentence of this post on a phone!  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:20:46 PM by seriousmods »

Hosea 10:12
"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground. . . .

Offline AWSFS

• "We will get what we deserve."
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 03:53:34 AM »
Doesn't look that fascinating, I probably won't waste my money on this game. As 15 hasn't really impressed me that much. I personally think, that 13 looked better and played better. If you look at some of the mods and maps that were released right before 15, they blew 15 out of the water in my opinion. I've played every game they have made and I'm losing interest. There hasn't really been any major changes in all the years I've played. I was looking forward to 15 taking a leap but it fell short once again. All I can say is Giants, better hope Cattle and Crops fails and stays the top dog in the Farming Simulator genre. If Cattle and Crops actually implements the things people have been asking for, for years I don't see Farming Simulator lasting much longer. If the community keeps falling apart like it is, Farming Simulator will lose its American community rather fast. I can't believe Giants, doesn't think people will lose interest in a game that is rehashed over and over.  *facepalm*

We shall see what the future holds, I don't see it being very bright unless Giants completely, revamps their game. Oh well. Take care!

Offline Bostonjohnny1226

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 10:53:17 AM »
I'm with seriousmods----I'll pass. Seems like a $60 DLC
I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretched his arms on the cross and died for me. If you love Jesus , put this as your signature. 97% WON'T do it. only 3% will stand up. I want to thank those who put this as their signature.

Offline tractor16

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 11:54:38 AM »
I completely agree that giants has to reel in all of these websites and try to protect the modders that really make their game good.  Giants isn't worried about people loosing interests because they are constantly expanding their fanbase and user base by expanding to consoles.  So to them, it doesn't matter if they lose a few fans.

I just really want everyone in the community to try to stay positive until we get solid information on the game.  I know that is hard to do with the current state of the community and game, but being optimistic never hurt anyone!

Heres to hoping 17 will be the one to unite the community again!

Offline LMBFarmer

• OS-FS
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 11:59:49 AM »
The thing is, the main thing about that pic Giants showed is, I already have it in this pic.

Sunflowers and a few "new" things.

Offline tractor16

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 12:51:20 PM »
Don't judge it too quickly!  Now I know that the second image is just artist version of a map, however if you look closely, you can see that the wheat field has weeds in it.  Also, we see beef cattle.  Again, this may just be because the artist felt like adding it, but we can at least hope for the best from Giants. 

Offline caseman83

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 12:58:37 PM »
yeah I agree with you tractor16 but of course if its basically an expensive DLC for FS15 then no way for me, $60 for DLC is expensive, but if not I'll gladly give it try when it hits store shelves because it will feature American brands of equipment such as CNIH & AGCO as well as beef cattle which will be great especially if they keep forestry in the game as well.
IF IT AIN'T RED, IT STAYS IN THE SHED INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER FOREVER.

Offline tractor16

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 02:21:47 PM »
yeah I agree with you tractor16 but of course if its basically an expensive DLC for FS15 then no way for me, $60 for DLC is expensive, but if not I'll gladly give it try when it hits store shelves because it will feature American brands of equipment such as CNIH & AGCO as well as beef cattle which will be great especially if they keep forestry in the game as well.
Just wait for it to drop to $30 then!  Personally, I think that the addition of the new brands and hopefully new features will be worth the 30 dollars I plan to spend.  Of course, if it isn't what its cracked up to be, then I'll just go back to 15.  In the end, I'm only out 30 bucks and if I can put at least 30 hours into it, then it is definitely worth it for me.  Where else can you get $1 per hour entertainment?!

Offline blakealig1

• farmer and map maker/editor fs 15
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 03:25:15 PM »
well we will find out whether these pics were photoshopped for fs17 when it comes out and people play it.
red till im dead black smoke till im broke

Offline LMBFarmer

• OS-FS
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 03:32:28 PM »
Just wait for it to drop to $30 then!  Personally, I think that the addition of the new brands and hopefully new features will be worth the 30 dollars I plan to spend.  Of course, if it isn't what its cracked up to be, then I'll just go back to 15.  In the end, I'm only out 30 bucks and if I can put at least 30 hours into it, then it is definitely worth it for me.  Where else can you get $1 per hour entertainment?!

I want to know where they said 60?

You also have to remember, equipment in FS seems to have an average two game life span, which means, things like the Big X 1100, Magnum, Quadtrac, 9230, and other stuff from 13, will likely be gone, with a new Agco product replacing them, and Case playing a smaller role in FS, not counting other brands like Deutz

Giants adds and removes, not adds and adds.

Offline 812farmer

• 500+
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 04:06:53 PM »
You can record
redbox a movie for $1 lol. Idk I'm going to wait and see. Hopefully conversions will be easier and if it does have beef I wonder if your would have to buy the object or choose between dairy or beef

Offline MJD Farms (OP)

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 05:04:15 PM »
I want to know where they said 60?

You also have to remember, equipment in FS seems to have an average two game life span, which means, things like the Big X 1100, Magnum, Quadtrac, 9230, and other stuff from 13, will likely be gone, with a new Agco product replacing them, and Case playing a smaller role in FS, not counting other brands like Deutz

Giants adds and removes, not adds and adds.

Just like fendt!

Offline LMBFarmer

• OS-FS
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 05:23:05 PM »

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 05:43:42 PM »
I was pretty disappointed in 15.  Other than some better graphics, you could do everything in FS13 with mods.  All they did was take mods and fold them into the main game.  If that's all 17 is, then no thank you.  Everyone is making a big deal out of seeing pigs in one of the pictures, well, that's already in FS15, so why spend the extra money?  Want AGCO or Fendt, then download the mods that are already there for 15.  And we already know their maps can't come close to how detailed you can actually make a map since they have to stick to their recommended system specs.  Even if they incorporate weeds into 17, guess what?  We've already been playing with weeds for the last 2 iterations of the game.  I'm not going to spend the money on something we already have.

Offline MJD Farms (OP)

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2016, 07:20:34 PM »
I was pretty disappointed in 15.  Other than some better graphics, you could do everything in FS13 with mods.  All they did was take mods and fold them into the main game.  If that's all 17 is, then no thank you.  Everyone is making a big deal out of seeing pigs in one of the pictures, well, that's already in FS15, so why spend the extra money?  Want AGCO or Fendt, then download the mods that are already there for 15.  And we already know their maps can't come close to how detailed you can actually make a map since they have to stick to their recommended system specs.  Even if they incorporate weeds into 17, guess what?  We've already been playing with weeds for the last 2 iterations of the game.  I'm not going to spend the money on something we already have.

First the pigs would be simpler and weeds would be easier because it would be main game and every map that would be standard!