American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

October 23, 2020, 12:15:24 AM

Author Topic: Mapping new fruits to default grainplanes and particle animations  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Spanky (OP)

Hi all,

Have installed a new fruitType, "maize1", on a map successfully, including editing the multiFruit_config.xml to map maize1 to maize. Harvesters/headers cut the crop, tippers and trailers transport it, the farm silo stores it and the sell point accepts it. The only difficulty is that combines and trailers all show wheat grainplanes and particle animations... Have been trying to learn how to map the new maize1 fillType to "maize" for the correct grainplanes and animations for a while now without much success. Little help please? Pointer in the right direction...

Regards,
Spanky
War is when the government tells you who your enemies are... Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself. -Anon.

Offline bishup_02

Re: Mapping new fruits to default grainplanes and particle animations
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 09:05:43 AM »
Someone more in the know then me will have to direct you in the exact location but I've messed with this a little bit. I tried adding a grainplanes for sorghum so it actually looked red in the trailers and combines. Apparently those planes are located in either the map I3D or the Lua file. In 13 they were under the individual vehicles but they made it difficult in 15. If I had to guess I'd say they are someone in the I3D. Sorry I wasn't much help but hopefully that will at least point you in the right direction.

Offline red farmer 976

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 10:26:02 AM »
In each mods xml for unloading particles or grain plains, copy the maize lines with a filepath, then change maize to maize 1 in the lines you copied.

Offline Spanky (OP)

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 02:27:06 PM »
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies RedFarmer and bishup. Went looking in the vehicle xml as you suggested Red and this is what I found:

Code: [Select]
<tipAnimations>
        <tipAnimation openSpeedScale="1" closeSpeedScale="-2" animationName="tipAnimationBack" dischargeStartTime="0" dischargeEndTime="18.5" doorAnimationName="tipAnimationBackDoor" doorAnimationOpenSpeedScale="1" doorAnimationCloseSpeedScale="-1.2" >
            <tipEffect fillTypes="wheat barley maize maize1 rape">
                <effectNode node="0|0|0" linkNode="0>9|0" materialType="unloading" materialTypeId="3" position="0 0 0" filename="$data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/unloadingBack.i3d" fadeTime="0.5"/>
                <effectNode node="0|0|1" linkNode="0>9|0" materialType="smoke"     materialTypeId="1" position="0 0 0" filename="$data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/unloadingBack.i3d" fadeTime="0.5"/>
            </tipEffect>
            <dischargeParticleSystems>
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="chaff"     node="0>9|1" psRootNode="0|0" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="$data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/unloadingBackParticles.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="potato"    node="0>9|1" psRootNode="0|1" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="$data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/unloadingBackParticles.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="sugarBeet" node="0>9|1" psRootNode="0|2" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="$data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/unloadingBackParticles.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="woodChips" node="0>9|1" psRootNode="0|3" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="$data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/unloadingBackParticles.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="silage"    node="0>9|1" psRootNode="0|4" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="$data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/unloadingBackParticles.i3d" />
            </dischargeParticleSystems>
            <fillVolumeDischargeInfo index="0>18" width="1.0" length="1.4" />
            <fillVolumeHeight index="1"/>
        </tipAnimation>
    </tipAnimations>

After pulling my head out of my you-know-what, I remembered multiFruit was in the mod folder. Removed it and fixed up a couple of trailers to accept maize1 as a fillType. In the code above, where it specifies tipEffect fillTypes=, added maize1 to one trailer and not the other. Only the trailer with maize1 added to tipEffect fillTypes showed an unloading animation (wheat). Added maize1 and the other trailer displayed a wheat unloading animation as well.

It appears the logic controlling the unloading animation is handled by the unloadingBack.i3d...

As far as the particle animations used when unloading the silo...? Haven't gotten that far yet, but I suspect you're right bishup.

Thanks for the replies and pointers. If you think of anything else, would appreciate hearing about it.

Regards,
Spanky

Post Merge: January 16, 2016, 03:03:41 PM
Hi All,

Went looking down in the map.I3d like you suggested bishup and found this:

<UserAttribute nodeId="3969">
      <Attribute name="filename" type="string" value="data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/unloadingSilo.i3d"/>
      <Attribute name="fillTypes" type="string" value="wheat rape barley maize maize1"/>
      <Attribute name="fillVolumeDischargeNode" type="string" value="3"/>
      <Attribute name="fillVolumeDischargeNodeLength" type="float" value="0.2"/>
      <Attribute name="fillVolumeDischargeNodeWidth" type="float" value="0.2"/>
      <Attribute name="linkNode" type="string" value="3"/>
      <Attribute name="materialType" type="string" value="unloading"/>
      <Attribute name="node" type="string" value="0|0|0"/>
      <Attribute name="onCreate" type="scriptCallback" value="MultiSiloTrigger.onCreate"/>
      <Attribute name="particlePosition" type="string" value="-0.05 0.15 0.05"/>
    </UserAttribute>

This reference
<Attribute name="filename" type="string" value="data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/unloadingSilo.i3d"/>
looks an awful lot like this one from the post above
filename="$data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/unloadingBack.i3d"
Guess it's time to hunt down "data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/..." Only problem is that I'm on a Mac using Steam. Anyone got a pointer to where else I might find those files? Thanks, might figure this out yet.

Regards,
Spanky

Post Merge: January 16, 2016, 07:19:35 PM
In each mods xml for unloading particles or grain plains, copy the maize lines with a filepath, then change maize to maize 1 in the lines you copied.

red farmer, found those lines you mentioned in the Wilson_RZR grain trailer. Edited as follows:

<tipAnimation speedScale="1" animationName="tipAnimationBack" dischargeStartTime="1" dischargeEndTime="16" >
            <dischargeParticleSystems>
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="wheat" node="0>14" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="particles/unloadingWheatParticleSystem.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="maize" node="0>14" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="particles/unloadingMaizeParticleSystem.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="maize1" node="0>14" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="particles/unloadingMaizeParticleSystem.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="soybean" node="0>14" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="particles/unloadingMaizeParticleSystem.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="barley" node="0>14" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="particles/unloadingWheatParticleSystem.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="rape" node="0>14" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="particles/unloadingRapeParticleSystem.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="oat" node="0>14" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="particles/unloadingWheatParticleSystem.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="sunflower" node="0>14" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="particles/unloadingRapeParticleSystem.i3d" />
                <dischargeParticleSystem type="sorghum" node="0>14" position="0 0 0" rotation="0 0 0" file="particles/unloadingRapeParticleSystem.i3d" />   
            </dischargeParticleSystems>
        </tipAnimation>

And the trailer's  tip animation is maize... Thanks for the pointer. Now I get how multiFruit works.

This technique does not work for default ingame vehicles however, based on the code snippets above and ingame testing. And the silo still unloads wheat into the trailer which displays a wheat grainplane...

Guess I'm at a standstill, regarding default ingame vehicles and silos, until I can find a copy of the latest data/vehicles/particleAnimations/shared/ directory. Time to load up the map with new grains -- all 3500 acres of it.

Regards,
Spanky
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:26:00 PM by Spanky »
War is when the government tells you who your enemies are... Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself. -Anon.