American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

September 19, 2020, 12:34:22 AM

Author Topic: Mod animation help  (Read 1503 times)

Offline 812farmer (OP)

• 500+
Mod animation help
« on: November 08, 2015, 12:08:42 AM »
I finally coverted over alberts heavy haul pack just the lowboy nothing else. I stripped it down. No extra scripts or anything like that.  My problem is that I cant get it to unfold so it can accept wider loads. It has the option to unfold and fold. but nothing happens when I it the button. The option changes when it hit the button. I am just stumped right now on it been comparing xmls for a while now and haven't seen anything that i forgot to change.
Thanks,

Offline 812farmer (OP)

• 500+
Re: Mod animation help
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 01:00:16 PM »
So started to play around with it again. In ge I start the animation and then the moving parts go invisible but the visible box is still checked. I tried uncheck but still doesn't work. I know I'm close to getting it to work. It's in game and works just can't get the extra width to work 

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 01:10:17 PM »
So started to play around with it again. In ge I start the animation and then the moving parts go invisible but the visible box is still checked. I tried uncheck but still doesn't work. I know I'm close to getting it to work. It's in game and works just can't get the extra width to work

if this is the old blue from 2013, I'd contact truckdriver6363.

he was the one that found and converted those skp models to i3d for me.

if I recall I used parts of Xentros old 2011 lowboy scripts while "red-neck script/fabrication" the rest in order to get it to work in a manor of specking.

what worked was clearly the credit of the scripts while everything that didn't was me and me alone.

Original mod scripts,
http://fs-uk.com/mods/view/18204/lowboy-mod-pack-2-1
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline 812farmer (OP)

• 500+
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 01:15:35 PM »
Ok I'll look into the scripts haven't messed with lua yet but heck I'll dive right in and try my best. Thanks was going to try not to use any extra scripts. Yes it is your blue one frankensteined with about 13 lowboy couldn't get your neck to work

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 01:27:23 PM »
Ok I'll look into the scripts haven't messed with lua yet but heck I'll dive right in and try my best. Thanks was going to try not to use any extra scripts. Yes it is your blue one frankensteined with about 13 lowboy couldn't get your neck to work

Yeah Xentro said I could use his scripts, but he did not want his 2011 model converted over.
So when Truckdriver6363 got those skp parts, I started with his scripts, by importing in my model, and removing his.
I believe I kept his width extensions and Maya baked animation to widen out the load deck......might need that part of the lua....and scripted into the xml?? [[rusted brain, can't remember what i did exactly, and I don't have it in front of me.]]

I'm currently working with JRBrown to get the magnitude with our extra parts. I have to completely remap the textures, as well as limit the components down to only two from 10.
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline 812farmer (OP)

• 500+
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 02:17:53 PM »
Thanks Albert I'll get to work on it just want an American lowboy

Offline 812farmer (OP)

• 500+
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 12:20:59 AM »
Yeah Xentro said I could use his scripts, but he did not want his 2011 model converted over.
So when Truckdriver6363 got those skp parts, I started with his scripts, by importing in my model, and removing his.
I believe I kept his width extensions and Maya baked animation to widen out the load deck......might need that part of the lua....and scripted into the xml?? [[rusted brain, can't remember what i did exactly, and I don't have it in front of me.]]

I'm currently working with JRBrown to get the magnitude with our extra parts. I have to completely remap the textures, as well as limit the components down to only two from 10.
Just want to say thanks for the help got the extension to work now onto the other things like raise and lower of the neck. Found out to use the animations from the 2011 model to make this one work.

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 02:36:41 AM »
Just want to say thanks for the help got the extension to work now onto the other things like raise and lower of the neck. Found out to use the animations from the 2011 model to make this one work.
Try using attacher joint type front loader, and adjust your rotation limits to fit max/min ride height of your deck.