American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

November 11, 2019, 10:32:20 PM

Author Topic: Discussion regarding private modders.  (Read 2579 times)

Offline johannesaxelsson (OP)

Discussion regarding private modders.
« on: October 10, 2015, 01:25:46 PM »
I keep seeing these private mods all over the place! Let's face it; the greatest reason why farming simulator became such a great hit is the mods. The fact that a few skilled modders shared their work for all of the community to enjoy. Without the mods the game would never reach this far.
I can see how the community is too often taking these modders for granted, however the fact that most modders no longer share their work is, for the casual gamer, a killing blow to the whole farming simulator franchise, as this game is becoming enjoyable only for a few people who have the time and knowledge that so few of us have.
I have left the game behind since it is severely limited without the mods that I don't have the time to make.
I can't mod, but if I could I wouldn't hesitate to share my work! The fact that the modders are contributing to making an entire franchise reach great heights should be enough appriciation? I find it difficult to understand why a modder would keep it private.
The community and the whole franchise is, for me, dying.

Let's discuss this, what are your opinion in this matter?

Offline AlbertL

Re: Discussion regarding private modders.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 02:02:30 PM »
It is also much more difficult to get mods dialed in to work correctly with the new physics.
Also the added feature of washable, and color changing makes for a completely new, at least for me, aspect that I have to learn.

But yes, in order to be able to release quality mods, it takes three times the work that it did in 2013 for a good MR mod. Not many really liked MR, because of it's difficulties and now are not liking 2015 for the same reason.
2015 has in-creditable realistic physics.
But it takes a lot of time to dial in a mod properly. And a lot more to learn in all aspects of modding. So yeah many are quitting.....many more are only doing as much as they want then posting pictures everywhere for whatever reason........
Myself, I love the new physics...the possibilities are unlimited.......but then we just do not have a society that enjoys hard work anymore....Some of our old Modelers quite after just a few weeks in 2015 and went back to 13 cause "they didn't like it".
Myself, I pushed through and am learning it. Not fighting it with mods 2-50 tons like First Day Reviews, but actually learning to work with the advanced engine.
It is not easy. Specially with less Modelers, there is so much less help.....

Add in the economy....
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline cjwilksy

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 03:38:13 PM »
I agree.  It's the only game I play that has such a dynamic.  Usually, the publisher doesn't support modding and modders have to work extra hard together as a community (pretty much anything EA publishes).  Giants not only supports modding but actually try to make it easier in a lot of ways but the community is broken and won't support each other.  It's a shame.  I know I wouldn't still be playing if not for mods. 

Offline Broncfan03

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 11:43:07 PM »
Can the admins please lock this topic?  This dead horse has been beaten with a stick enough.  If you want to know people's opinions on the matter, look at the other topic threads that are pages and pages long.  Don't restart this.

Offline seriousmods

• ScreaminEagle
  • Serious Mods for Serious Farmers
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 11:57:23 PM »
Can the admins please lock this topic?  This dead horse has been beaten with a stick enough.  If you want to know people's opinions on the matter, look at the other topic threads that are pages and pages long.  Don't restart this.

This topic is by no means a dead horse. It's the most important topic in the entire community today. Ignoring the reality that is this dying community won't make the community suddenly spring to life again.

If we can't identify a problem, we definitely can't fix it.

Hosea 10:12
"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground. . . .

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 01:03:18 AM »
This topic is by no means a dead horse. It's the most important topic in the entire community today. Ignoring the reality that is this dying community won't make the community suddenly spring to life again.

If we can't identify a problem, we definitely can't fix it.
Sadly this is very true. The subject is being discussed on FS UK also. And on modhoster some are saying they will no longer publish mods. The problem is real and it is growing.Hopefully some healing processes can be discovered in this topic, and eventually remedy the situation. But there is a definite need for positive feedback with out bashing anybody.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline cjwilksy

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 07:21:44 AM »
I look at it this way:  without Giants creating this game, there would be no modding community, and, without the modding community, the life of this game would be shortened drastically.  We need each other.  Call it the "Spicoli Principle".  Since you're here, and I'm here, isn't this OUR community.  Shouldn't WE be more willing to share in OUR community.  Do you cutoff a family member because they * you off?   Why is the entire community being punished for the actions of a few?  Kinda the anti-gun crowd argument:  small percentage of people do bad things with guns, so let's take the guns away from everyone!  Makes. No. Sense.

Offline caseguy333

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 09:04:19 AM »
The whole reason why I play the game is because of the mods. Not playing with American equipment absolutely drives me insane, and I like to keep it as realistic as possible as to how things go in the area I'm from here in the Corn Belt.  That being said, I rely on these mods and the hard work of others. If I could, I would mod myself, but for now I just make small edits. 

With this in mind, it saddens and frustrates me when I see private mods that are simply stunning and would add so much to the game. I find it  hard to look at the gallery anymore because I know what I am going to find; a  private mod that is never going to be released.  Why torture myself? It still do because of my passion for farming and the virtual game that goes along with it.  I understand why someone would want to keep a mod private, but what I do not understand is posting a private mod and then crying foul when it somehow gets leaked, which is how the whole debacle began (at least part of it). If its private, keep it private.

Lastly, I would like to commend the modders for their work on public mods, and I would like to encourage the growth of more American based mods that so many of us cherish and appreciate.  There are dumb people, but do not let that stop you from making mods, because there are far more people like me who just want to maximize their FS experience while having fun at the same time.  We want to give credit to those who help us, and by golly we will when each and every new mod comes out.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:07:03 AM by caseguy333 »
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretched his arms on the cross and died for me. If you love Jesus , put this as your signature. 97% WON'T do it. only 3% will stand up. I want to thank those who put this as there signature.

Offline wyatthart

• Regular
  • Jesus lives!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 09:27:29 AM »
The whole reason why I play the game is because of the mods. Not playing with American equipment absolutely drives me insane, and I like to keep it as realistic as possible as to how things go in the area I'm from here in the Corn Belt.  That being said, I rely on these mods and the hard work of others. If I could, I would mod myself, but for now I just make small edits. 

With this in mind, it saddens and frustrates me when I see private mods that are simply stunning and would add so much to the game. I find it  hard to look at the gallery anymore because I know what I am going to find; a  private mod that is never going to be released.  Why torture myself? It still do because of my passion for farming and the virtual game that goes along with it.  I understand why someone would want to keep a mod private, but what I do not understand is posting a private mod and then crying foul when it somehow gets leaked, which is how the whole debacle began (at least part of it). If its private, keep it private.

Lastly, I would like to commend the modders for their work on public mods, and I would like to encourage the growth of more American based mods that so many of us cherish and appreciate.  There are dumb people, but do not let that stop you from making mods, because there are far more people like me who just want to maximize their FS experience while having fun at the same time.  We want to give credit to those who help us, and by golly we will when each and every new mod comes out.
I agree with you.. I wish the private modders wouldn't wave the mods in our faces and then when some one asks for it they are jerks about it? I have seen this type of thing on instagram the most..
Jesus had no reason to be on that cross, yet he found no excuses to get off. and that is enough reason to stand up and follow him! Romans 1:16

Offline bgrg500

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 09:38:39 AM »
I usually don't jump in a things like this but.....There are modders and there are people who cant mod. Both sides have issues. Usually its the modders who were public then got "offended" and went under ground....Well slightly under ground. All still have a YouTube channel, Facebook page etc.... to dangle the mods in front of peoples face. Post vids and pics just to remind you that it is and will remain private. *. Talk about a big case of self righteousness. Until these people get a slap in the face and wake up and smell the s#@t they are shoveling, it cant get any better. Stop liking there Facebook pages stop subscribing to the YouTube channel or whatever. Kids that cant show off and maintain their social media status may soon realize what its all about again. Non modders....Some of you need help. "Stealing" ( and I use that term loosely) others work and tweaking it slightly or not at all and calling it your own doesn't make you a modder, period. Asking the same stupid question? when is going to be done? and basically stalking a person, can you blame them for wanting to just get away? Both sides need to grow up, but who will do it first? Who will set the bar and say, It's just a game. Who will set a standard of ethics and integrity that no other gaming community can match? Is it too late? More than likely. I cant believe in these days of technology that people don't figure out a way to lock the 3D files or XMLs so what you get is what you get. Well anyway probably just wasted 5 mins of our time on earth reading and typing this. One side needs to grow up the other needs to stop being so stupid, you decide.