American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

June 17, 2018, 09:15:25 PM

Author Topic: is there a tutor onchanging hp and field work speed with eqipment attached  (Read 276 times)

Offline phoenix (OP)

• Regular
hello to all:

I want to increase the hp on some of my tractors and the field work speed when using equipment and maybe k/w if that's right. is there a tutor on that?. i don't like going 5 mph on a field when using equipment on a 1000 acre of field. I saw a snail passing me in the field that's how slow the tractor is going, not really. when going up hills the tractors struggle with  the equipment attached to them so I thought if I increase the hp  will  get up the hill easier. anything else I need to get more power?

phoenix

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
hello to all:

I want to increase the hp on some of my tractors and the field work speed when using equipment and maybe k/w if that's right. is there a tutor on that?. i don't like going 5 mph on a field when using equipment on a 1000 acre of field. I saw a snail passing me in the field that's how slow the tractor is going, not really. when going up hills the tractors struggle with  the equipment attached to them so I thought if I increase the hp  will  get up the hill easier. anything else I need to get more power?

phoenix
This is not a tutorial but a quick tip on changing horsepower. Open the vehicle xml and look for these lines( if variable hP
Code: [Select]
   <motorConfigurations>
        <motorConfiguration name="Pickup Rodeo 100" hp="100" price="0">
            <motor torqueScale="0.424" minRpm="1000" maxForwardSpeed="123" maxRpm="2200" maxBackwardSpeed="40" brakeForce="1.0" lowBrakeForceScale="0.22" lowBrakeForceSpeedLimit="1" rotInertia="0.0005" minForwardGearRatio="5.8" maxForwardGearRatio="250" minBackwardGearRatio="20" maxBackwardGearRatio="250">
                <torque normRpm="0.45" torque="0.9"/>
                <torque normRpm="0.5" torque="0.97"/>
                <torque normRpm="0.59" torque="1"/>
                <torque normRpm="0.72" torque="1"/>
                <torque normRpm="0.86" torque="0.88"/>
                <torque normRpm="1" torque="0.72"/>
            </motor>
        </motorConfiguration>
        <motorConfiguration name="Pickup Rodeo 140" hp="165" price="10000">
            <motor torqueScale="0.7" />
        </motorConfiguration>
        <motorConfiguration name="Pickup Rodeo 200" hp="190" price="20000">
            <motor torqueScale="0.805" />
        </motorConfiguration>
    </motorConfigurations>
This is an example from the lizard pick up. Take the horsepower that you want and divide by 236. This will give the torque scale that you need for that horsepower. (This is how giants has it figured)
 The working spped needs changed on the implement xml.  Search for    speedLimit value you will find a line similar to this one.<speedLimit value="17" /> 
 The 17 is in km per hour.  Mph is figured by the mph you desire and multiply by 1.609.  The 17 shown should be approx 10 mph.
Always when making any changes it is recommended to do with a modded vehicle or implement.
 Changing the default vehicles can break multiplayer and if an updated patch comes out they will revert to the default values.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline phoenix (OP)

• Regular
hello johndeere 1952,

good explanation, how about the torque  norm rpm where it says .45, .5 and so on leave them alone?

thanks

phoenix

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Global Moderator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
hello johndeere 1952,

good explanation, how about the torque  norm rpm where it says .45, .5 and so on leave them alone?

thanks

phoenix
I have never fooled with them  myself so I do not know. Sorry.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

Offline phoenix (OP)

• Regular
hello:

I got one tractor I changed the hp and torque scale like u said that's good. now I  changed speed from 15 to 106kmph and gave me a speedometer dial with a  reading of  65mph in the bottom , which is right, but the number with green little dots  around it says and doing 20 kmph. I need that to read 36kmph or so .what did I do wrong? I do not feel like going  5 mph planting or harvesting a field. that's why I want  the number with the green lights around it to read 36.

phoenix

Offline cjwilksy

• 500+
If I'm understanding correctly, you are limited to 20 by the implement you are pulling.  You can have a tractor setup to go 100mph but will still be limited by the setting of the implement which can be adjusted in the xml.