American Eagles Modding Forums

Hi! You are currently viewing forum as a guest. For more features please login or register!

Member Login

Lost your password?

Forum Stats

Latest Member

Not a member yet? Sign Up!

January 29, 2023, 03:50:31 AM

Author Topic: fs17.lt is it for real?? no not really  (Read 4603 times)

Offline phoenix (OP)

fs17.lt is it for real?? no not really
« on: February 10, 2019, 03:10:16 PM »
hello to you:

just a thought, I came across this web site fs17.lt. it seems ok they have tractors I have not heard of. iam thinking oh boy another site to download stuff for my game. but after click on the title of the content  it said for me to download something into by browser. but I did not close that  and close down the site. another fake news site ( oops fake  web site) . just like modhoster  site my security system says its a fake web site and full of malware and  other viruses. so I stop going to that place also. 

phoenix

Offline caseman83

Re: fs17.lt is it for real?? no not really
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 03:28:17 PM »
yeah that site is fake & full of virus's/spy & malware  don't ever download/open anything that says download into your browser, modhoster site is the same way,  use sites like modhub.us  & this site,  another site my security software says in bad is fsamc which is bad as I seen cool mods from that site doing google image searches.
IF IT AIN'T RED, IT STAYS IN THE SHED INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER FOREVER.

Offline AlbertL

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 03:41:53 PM »
hello to you:

just a thought, I came across this web site fs17.lt. it seems ok they have tractors I have not heard of. iam thinking oh boy another site to download stuff for my game. but after click on the title of the content  it said for me to download something into by browser. but I did not close that  and close down the site. another fake news site ( oops fake  web site) . just like modhoster  site my security system says its a fake web site and full of malware and  other viruses. so I stop going to that place also. 

phoenix

If you run a good anti,malware virus protection, as well as aq good cleaning program to run, as well as a virtual VPN,,,,,
Then your fine... I download from all over the world, but then no one ever claimed that I was anything close to sane.
"I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much" and stretch

Offline JohnDeere1952

• Administrator
  • ScreaminEagle
  • Search the Book of the Lord . . . Isaiah 34:16 (
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 04:06:13 PM »
yeah that site is fake & full of virus's/spy & malware  don't ever download/open anything that says download into your browser, modhoster site is the same way,  use sites like modhub.us  & this site,  another site my security software says in bad is fsamc which is bad as I seen cool mods from that site doing google image searches.
Actually I have got malicious links and corrupted files modhub.us. You just have to be careful wherever you go for mods. American Eagles  ,FS_UK and Giants mod hub are the safest in my opinion. In addition mod hub US has  quite a few unauthorized mods. Just my 2 cents worth.

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:14

The following users thanked this post: AlbertL

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 10:54:37 AM »
Hmm ..

We can start a club for people who download mods from "not safe" sites then .. I really don't think that there is a free mod hosting site I haven't downloaded from..
Of course you get spam and all sorts of unwanted malware from these sites (they make money that way) ..

The only way to get to the good stuff from these sites, is to have a good antivirus program (running Norton for many years now - is a bit expensive, but worth every penny..)

And just to be "better safe than sorry", I am also using CCleaner (CrapCleaner) to scan and remove all this unwanted stuff (Cookies) every day before shutting my computer down ..

And no, FS17.it isn't the worst I've seen .. The worst (that I'm not gonna mention) was a site that never gave you anything else than a .exe file (a worm or something like that, I guess).. Never downloaded anything from them, as mods always is .zip files (or .rar now and then) .. Or should I say, I wouldn't download a mod that isn't in .zip(or .rar) format .. Years back you could actually download .exe files as mods, that did install themselves in the correct folder, but hasn't seen those for FS17 ..

Yes, Giants Modhub, FS-UK and this site here, is all very safe - but does not always have what you need ..

Modhoster is kind of a bit of both .. If the mod you want is hosted by their server (Modhoster Logo on the download button) then it's safe - if the mod is hostet by Uploaded then it's safe, but takes forever to download .. Any other host sites they redirect you to, is as bad as all the other unsafe sites ..

But actually I've found a German site that host all the mods they have on their own server (or rented maybe) .. Anyway, this means that all mods they have can be downloaded directly from them, without any spam or malware (just a bunch of commercials running over the page) .. They have a huge amount of mods, and I'm assuming they don't have permission to share these mods .. So can't really give you the link, unless Admin (or Moderator) say it's okay ..

Tom Cat ..
In order to get the right answer, you must ask the right question.

Offline phoenix (OP)

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 12:06:39 PM »
hello to all:

I actually did not download any from these sites I just click on the title and see what happens.  tom cat  yeah you are right not to pass on any links to me or anyone else if it means might get you in trouble for reasons unknown. i do understand that. well yeah I do have Norton internet security and that's the one is flagging modhoster as bad full of malware, viruses, worms and so on. zip format and rar format are the best and its easy to use. well exe extensions  were good back in the day but i do not use them anymore. that german site that you said maybe no you but iam a little cautious  about them so I just stay away from them since I do not know anything about them. um yeah Norton has blocked me from using that modhoster its full of bugs. well heares a thought why don't they clean  the site up so..  one more thing I found out fs17mods.com is good also not fs17portal thats  as bad as modhoster or fs17.lt you want to leave those 3 alone. I do not know if they have permission on some of their content to be uploaded or copied to their site.

thanks for the replies.

phoenix

Offline fordman992

• I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 01:37:57 PM »
Hmm ..

We can start a club for people who download mods from "not safe" sites then .. I really don't think that there is a free mod hosting site I haven't downloaded from..
Of course you get spam and all sorts of unwanted malware from these sites (they make money that way) ..

The only way to get to the good stuff from these sites, is to have a good antivirus program (running Norton for many years now - is a bit expensive, but worth every penny..)

And just to be "better safe than sorry", I am also using CCleaner (CrapCleaner) to scan and remove all this unwanted stuff (Cookies) every day before shutting my computer down ..

And no, FS17.it isn't the worst I've seen .. The worst (that I'm not gonna mention) was a site that never gave you anything else than a .exe file (a worm or something like that, I guess).. Never downloaded anything from them, as mods always is .zip files (or .rar now and then) .. Or should I say, I wouldn't download a mod that isn't in .zip(or .rar) format .. Years back you could actually download .exe files as mods, that did install themselves in the correct folder, but hasn't seen those for FS17 ..

Yes, Giants Modhub, FS-UK and this site here, is all very safe - but does not always have what you need ..

Modhoster is kind of a bit of both .. If the mod you want is hosted by their server (Modhoster Logo on the download button) then it's safe - if the mod is hostet by Uploaded then it's safe, but takes forever to download .. Any other host sites they redirect you to, is as bad as all the other unsafe sites ..

But actually I've found a German site that host all the mods they have on their own server (or rented maybe) .. Anyway, this means that all mods they have can be downloaded directly from them, without any spam or malware (just a bunch of commercials running over the page) .. They have a huge amount of mods, and I'm assuming they don't have permission to share these mods .. So can't really give you the link, unless Admin (or Moderator) say it's okay ..

Tom Cat ..

Oh, yes... I remember the days of .exe files... Before I knew how to actually put .zip files in the mod folder (my early days in FS2013), I would look specifically for the .exe mods. FS-UK had a couple and the FS website had a lot of them too.
trap-logo" border="0

Offline phoenix (OP)

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 06:54:23 PM »
hey fordman992:

yeah I think the exe files are just about obsolete now. you might still find some somewhere.  yeah i deal with exe files also. but i like the rar and zip files better just got use to them i guess. 

phoenix

Offline phoenix (OP)

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2022, 06:10:56 AM »
another good web site that i use is fs22 dot com  i have no issues with them

phoenix